Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

The director attached to the Nightwing project keeps taking on new films as well, iirc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    The director attached to the Nightwing project keeps taking on new films as well, iirc.
    Just trying to pay the rent, who can blame him?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    There's already a Nightwing film "in development." There's a director who's got a script (or something) and wants to do it. The studio is supposedly interested, if not committed.

I think most of us consider it unlikely because it's been in pre-production hell for a while and WB isn't really trustworthy. How many other films are "in development?" Flash cant even get a movie off the ground, and I dont think anyone was ever even attached in any real capacity for Cyborg. MoS-2 never happened, hell even Batman can't make it to photography. Affleck is out as Batman, the new movie might be a soft reboot/new approach thing. WB can't make Batman happen, so the odds of Nightwing making it seem slim. But hey, you never know. It could happen.
    I think we will see almost all that movies that WB/DC promised us, but not in the next 4-5 years. After WW 1984 we will probably see more clear vision of what we should expect is going to happen to DCEU (and specifically how it would affect Batman) and then Batgirl and/or Nightwing movie could get an actual green light from the studio.

BANNED

And now Jake Gyllenhall? Some Rolaids, please.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Just trying to pay the rent, who can blame him?
    Oh no one can blame him. That is just an indication of how long its gonna be before we see Nightwing in the movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Oh no one can blame him. That is just an indication of how long its gonna be before we see Nightwing in the movies.
    I'm sure we'll get that Nightwing movie right after the Gambit movie comes out.

Some nobody between 20-30, whose been in a few things but nothing super major.

BANNED

I think it'd be a great role for a charismatic handsome young star.

somebody who's not pushing 40, whether by the time of the movie's release or the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    somebody who's not pushing 40, whether by the time of the movie's release or the sequel.
    Better start combing the 2019 birth registries then.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Better start combing the 2019 birth registries then.
    Ha! Ten characters.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

No actor comes to mind. I've found a half Indian fashion model who's white enough to look like Burt Ward and brown enough to satisfy the Romani roots supporter, but it's a model, not actor, and I only have the face. Don't have the pic at the moment though I did save it for reference.

BANNED

New York and California are overrun with handsome young men trying to become stars. Australia seems to be a good poaching ground for young hunks, too. If I were in charge of casting, I'd look for a charismatic talented unknown that I wouldn't have to blow the budget on his paycheck, then see if he wants the job enough to run with it.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I'd rather go for an unknown who has something to prove and really embodies the character.
    I would not "rather" this, but I do not oppose it either. All that matters is that the person fits with what the film is going for.

The guy who plays Archie sorta has the look, and he was alright in The Hate U Give.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)