Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Woah, did that guy get banned for saying he missed Affleck?

Yikes, anyway, Batman just announced their new actor so we should be getting more news on a Nightwing film, I would expect.
    I missed it too, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was tied to either a Dick Grayson or Tim Drake thread
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Astonishing Member

The guy who played Nightwing in The Youtube Fan Fic series was really good. Unles he's been Preserved in an Iceberg however.......

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Woah, did that guy get banned for saying he missed Affleck?

Yikes, anyway, Batman just announced their new actor so we should be getting more news on a Nightwing film, I would expect.
    I doubt it. He had quite the vendetta against Tim Drake (apparently going all the way back to his debut). And let everyone know it in almost every thread.

I'm gonna miss him.

But back on topic with another teen idol because that's all I seem to contribute: Shawn Mendes
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

so is this movie going to happen or not? Now that The Batman is happening, Nightwing is being passed over again, except in the Titans TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    My choice will always be Steven Yeun.
    I have said this before as well...I think he could pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so is this movie going to happen or not? Now that The Batman is happening, Nightwing is being passed over again, except in the Titans TV show.
    Far as I know, nothing official has been said about Nightwing. That makes it a "no, its not happening" in my mind. Until and unless WB say otherwise, anyway.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Far as I know, nothing official has been said about Nightwing. That makes it a "no, its not happening" in my mind. Until and unless WB say otherwise, anyway.
    The only somewhat official statement was from McKay about it being pushed back until they sorted out the Batman situation. I have no doubt in my mind that Nightwing is a priority for the films even if he isn't in the comics at the moment. Dick is prime DCEU real-estate if DC/WB plays their cards right. They could have a Bucky that can become a mix of Iron Man, Cap, and Spidey. Cast young pull a Harry Potter you have a couple Batman & Robin movies, a Nightwing movie, a couple Titans movies, maybe do a Batman Nightwing team-up to pass the mantle all the while the universe is progressing to the point we see DickBats lead the JL.

Hell Marvel is totally doing this with Spidey and Iron Man but it fits so much better with Batman and Robin. I really hope they go for it and can pull it off.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The only somewhat official statement was from McKay about it being pushed back until they sorted out the Batman situation. I have no doubt in my mind that Nightwing is a priority for the films even if he isn't in the comics at the moment. Dick is prime DCEU real-estate if DC/WB plays their cards right. They could have a Bucky that can become a mix of Iron Man, Cap, and Spidey. Cast young pull a Harry Potter you have a couple Batman & Robin movies, a Nightwing movie, a couple Titans movies, maybe do a Batman Nightwing team-up to pass the mantle all the while the universe is progressing to the point we see DickBats lead the JL.

Hell Marvel is totally doing this with Spidey and Iron Man but it fits so much better with Batman and Robin. I really hope they go for it and can pull it off.
    You have more faith in the studio than I do. It seems they can barely pull off their films as they're developed, much less build a long-form narrative.

I do hope you're right and Nightwing is a priority for WB and gets a quality film. I get having to put the character on the back burner until they figure out Batman. That tracks. But they've failed to launch most of the films they said they were going to, can't stick to a plan, and their success rate doesn't fill me with any confidence.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    I have said this before as well...I think he could pull it off.
    He will be too old if Robert is Batman now

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    You have more faith in the studio than I do. It seems they can barely pull off their films as they're developed, much less build a long-form narrative.

I do hope you're right and Nightwing is a priority for WB and gets a quality film. I get having to put the character on the back burner until they figure out Batman. That tracks. But they've failed to launch most of the films they said they were going to, can't stick to a plan, and their success rate doesn't fill me with any confidence.
    I'm not saying they can pull it off or that they have even though about it, just that it would be amazing for them and the fans if they did. I feel that their only plan right now is to put all the movies on the shoulders of the directors and hope they can pull off enjoyable superhero movies, that's as far ahead as they're thinking.

Dick will appear at least once as Robin (probably as a flashback) and at least once as Nightwing in the movies going forward. I have no doubt in my mind about that, the quality is up in the air at the moment. The DCEU movie intro has Dick in a pretty prominent position, that might not mean much but it has to mean something right?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The DCEU movie intro has Dick in a pretty prominent position, that might not mean much but it has to mean something right?
    I think all it means is that Dick has a really strong pedigree and a long history in DC. He was the first sidekick, the first Robin, the first one to grow up and take on his own mantle, etc. He's a big deal historically, and if the gods are good WB recognizes his value. But I don't think his placement in the intro indicates much of anything beyond "fans probably know who this is."

But again, I have no faith in WB or in DC. DC refuses to capitalize on Dick's popularity and WB can't get out of its own way long enough to accomplish anything, except by accident.

~ Black Panther.