Default Terminator: Dark Fate theory

One thing I've sort of noticed about the film is that there's no apparent John Conner, although it's apparentally confirmed that there will be a CG Furlong..and in his T2 appearence.

I'm guessing that maybe John Conner actually dies, maybe by regular causes or maybe via Terminator. However maybe despite this, the human resistance is still formed but somehow has an alternate leader. Kind of like time travel in the Star Trek reboot....
    events are changed but the end result is still mostly the same.

I'm guessing the new Terminators & Resistance time travellers now have a mission not to kill/protect John, but maybe this "new" leader from the altered future timeline. Sarah finds out about this somehow and does her best to help them I guess.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Robert Meyer Burnett saw some scenes today at Paramount's Cinemacon

spoilers:
    McKenzie Davis' Terminator arrives in Mexico City falls thru a bridge a teen couple try to help her as the cops show up see a naked girl and worry something is wrong and McKenzie Davis then starts attacking people.

Battle on bridge with Endo-Skeleton Terminator and Black Liquid Terminator and Sarah Connor shows up and she kicks ass.

Scene of future battle sequence in montage and another scene of a fight between military transports planes with Gabriel Luna's Black Liquid Terminator jumping between planes and claiming over them.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    One thing I've sort of noticed about the film is that there's no apparent John Conner, although it's apparentally confirmed that there will be a CG Furlong..and in his T2 appearence.

I'm guessing that maybe John Conner actually dies, maybe by regular causes or maybe via Terminator. However maybe despite this, the human resistance is still formed but somehow has an alternate leader. Kind of like time travel in the Star Trek reboot....
    events are changed but the end result is still mostly the same.

I'm guessing the new Terminators & Resistance time travellers now have a mission not to kill/protect John, but maybe this "new" leader from the altered future timeline. Sarah finds out about this somehow and does her best to help them I guess.
    My guess is similar. Somehow John and his wife (probably NOT Kate Brewster to disassociate itself from the previous sequels) die, and their only child, a daughter, is left in the care of her grandmother, John's mother Sarah Connor.

Looking at Jokerz79's post, I've got a funny feeling this movie is going to repeat a lot of the beats of Terminator 2, I just don't know how Arnie will figure into this.

Dark Fate lol. They just can't help themselves, can't they ?

Gotta put a lil' "dark" in the title right?