Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default What do you think about Old Man Logan?

What do you think about Old Man Logan? Do you like or dislike his original mini-series, his ongoing adventures in the wasteland or his adventures in the present?

I really like his original mini-series, where he teams up with Hawkeye and kills post-apocalypse tyrants like Red Skull and Hulk and l like some of his ongoing adventures where he fights the Maestro (I know he is another evil version of the Hulk, but I like Maestro better than Old Man Hulk, I always thought he was great villain since his appearance in Peter David's Future Imperfect storyline).

I like Logan's friendship with Old Hawkeye and Logan having the freedom to kill scum bags who deserve it, like Red Skull and the Maestro and being unwilling to help others at first, but slowly becoming a hero again, though a harsh in this brutal world.

Is a fun story, with an interesting premise, but it also has many problems that prevent it for being great in my mind, especially because Millar has a tendency to go too far in certain directions. But still i would recomend you if you are into revenge fantasies with a lots of bloodbath. Unless that you are of Hulk fan, because damn...
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I'm generally averse to these types of stories, writers have a tendency to indulge themselves too much with them. I did like Old Clint and his dynamic with Logan, but there's very little else for me to enjoy here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I'm generally averse to these types of stories, writers have a tendency to indulge themselves too much with them. I did like Old Clint and his dynamic with Logan, but there's very little else for me to enjoy here.
    Don't blame you really, honestly as a Wolverine fan, i found it incredibly dissapointing.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Expanding things a bit, one of my biggest gripes with the story is the lack of connection with anything Wolverine related, Millar seemed more focussed in showing us his weird mess up world over Logan's backstory and personal connection, like where is Sabretoth, were is Omega Red, Lady Deathstrike, Silver Samurai, his connections with Japan, outside of Jubilee there is not even much mention of the X-Men that were close to him.

Alson although i did enjoy their friendship, why Hawkeye of all people to be his buddy in the Wasteland, no version of him has been close to Logan before, Carol, Steve, Natasha or Fury would have make more sense, hell maybe Mac or Heather would have been better choice. For being Wolverine's equivalent to "Dark Knight Returns" sure as hell has almost not Wolverine in it.
    Last edited by TheCape; 04-06-2019 at 11:58 AM.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

The best thing about Old Man Logan for me is Old Man Hawkeye.

I tried the original mini, I really did. The premise of Wolverine killing all the X-Men was a turn off for a while, but I finally read it a couple of years ago, but it didn't do much for me, It wasn't awful but has been over-hyped. The inbred hick Hulks stuff was beyond ridiculous, but I really liked the lil Antman bridge keeper!

I did notice though that Rogues body was never shown, so off I went head cannoning that she survived the massacre and will pop up to avenge the X-Men at some point. Her body was shown in the secret wars book but not the original.

In regards to present adventures, of what I've read of him in Astonishing and Gold, he just acted exactly like Wolverine would, no signs of ptsd or anything. Any suggestions on issues that would give better depictions of Old Man Logan?

The wasteland world is a cool concept, post apocalypse worlds have always interested me.

In regards to present adventures, of what I've read of him in Astonishing and Gold, he just acted exactly like Wolverine would, no signs of ptsd or anything. Any suggestions on issues that would give better depictions of Old Man Logan?
    Lemire's Old Man Logan is pretty good, Brisson isn't that great, but is acceptable for the most part.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

The original storyline was good, and I am really liking the current Dead Man Logan arc, but found him a pointless waste of time when added to the post-Secret Wars X-Men books, really nothing about him stood out differently then regular Logan except the white hair.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The concept is pretty good, but the story is only so-so.

he is super hot, way hotter than the normal one
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Lemire's Old Man Logan is pretty good, Brisson isn't that great, but is acceptable for the most part.
    Cheers, I'll check some of Lemire's out.

Astonishing Member

The old man Logan story was good,expanding on how it happen and showing OML trying to bring order to the was wastland was good. Bring him in to the main marvel universe was a mistake. He actively ruined any chance of Logan death and return having any impact, crippled Laura's chance at owning the wolverine mantel, not to mention killed Jimmy. Seeing writers trying to actually componsote for the lack of Logan would have been nice because writers would have to take risks and experiment.

someone back me up on this

oml is hotter
    he's so much shyer and sadder UWU
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Tried reading the original story. Found it to be a shock value and not much else.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)