Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I dont this has anything to do with a love connection. i think the awkwardness stems from when they touched each other and both got a glimpse of their true self and past:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    It's not that she can't End Destructive Storm. She just chooses Not Too.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    An awkwardly uncomfortable love connection?

I got the impression she was trying to control & contain it, at least in the "now".

and this is the synopsis of storm on the marvel page:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...arvelous-x-men

Once, Storm was worshiped like a goddess. But it’s hard to be a god in someone else’s world. Storm’s weather powers remain, and yet she seems less powerful than before. That may be intentional. At full strength, Storm’s powers and will are truly indomitable. Not even the Shadow King was able to break her. If anyone can free themselves from X-Man’s influence, it just might be her.

If she tries to control it but cant it would make sense but she clearly weaker from some reason and I hope its explained why.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

It was Nate imo he kept the X-men more capable of breaking his hold of them and keep them close to him so this reality he made isnīt broken by them or if itīs, he can always try to erase their former memories, he probably already has done this a number of times, the side-effect is that they may think they are losing their minds but if someone else is also remembering then maybe thereīs something more going on and thatīs why Storm wants to talk with Magneto but he probably doesnīt want to because that would mean going back to the man "he used to be".
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-05-2019 at 10:52 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    It was Nate imo he kept the X-men more capable of breaking his hold of them and keep them close to him so this reality he made isnīt broken by them or if itīs, he can always try to erase their former memories, he probably already has done this a number of times, the side-effect is that they may think they are losing their minds but if someone else is also remembering then maybe thereīs something more going on and thatīs why Storm wants to talk with Magneto but he probably doesnīt want to because that would mean going back to the man "he used to be".
    exactly. I don't think magneto wants to go back to that person he was.

That is his tragedy, he usually is happier in AU universes than in the main one, in Age of X-man Wanda and Pietro still are his children, mutantkind isnīt in danger, heīs one of its main protectors and heīs part of a X-men team he feels protective about despite his dark past, this is like a Magneto who never leave the X-men back in the 80īs, the only problem is that

1.- He just hates being manipulated, specially by telepahs
    2.- If he remembers Nate brainwashing him to become one of his riders to attack the X-men all bets are off, living a lie is worse than being afraid of returning to bad habits.
    3.- I still hope he and storm kiss or form a team to defeat Nate at the very least, I miss their freenemy relationship
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-05-2019 at 11:08 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

BANNED

Yeah, that makes sense that's very much what he's thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    and this is the synopsis of storm on the marvel page:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...arvelous-x-men

Once, Storm was worshiped like a goddess. But it’s hard to be a god in someone else’s world. Storm’s weather powers remain, and yet she seems less powerful than before. That may be intentional. At full strength, Storm’s powers and will are truly indomitable. Not even the Shadow King was able to break her. If anyone can free themselves from X-Man’s influence, it just might be her.

If she tries to control it but cant it would make sense but she clearly weaker from some reason and I hope its explained why.
    Oh, yeah that's right. Forgot about that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    ... If she tries to control it but cant it would make sense but she clearly weaker from some reason and I hope its explained why.
    I've said it before... it's Nate! He's taken eXtra precautions in suppressing her true self, I think, for what happened in Disassembled+. And like that link says:

... she seems less powerful than before. That may be intentional. ... If anyone can free themselves from X-Man’s influence, it just might be her.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Bald Storm is absolutely gorgeous. I hope this looks sticks beyond the messed up dimension.
    I didn't like it at first but it is starting to grow on me.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I think Ororo has maybe been expeiriencing what Magnus did and she saw it. So she wants to ask him about it. I believe that the memory projection may have been Magnus remembering the past, and lashing out physically. Not having close relationships and the mindwipes are probably now confusing the X-men. Making them want to seek answers among themselves. I do think that fire seems to play apart symbolically. Peter is painting Lockheed with fire in the background when he starts to remember.

My theory is Jean is subconsciously fighting control and is trying to send messages to the X-men through subtle reminders of their pasts and is trying to get them to remember while Nate's grip on this world is weakening and slowly dying.

Extraordinary Member

I've said it before... it's Nate! He's taken eXtra precautions in suppressing her true self, I think, for what happened in Disassembled+. And like that link says:
    Storm is connected to nature. It's how her powers work. She's going to notice if something is wrong. The difference here is that she is smart enough to keep her mouth shut about it until she can form a plan to talk to someone in private.

It would be awesome if Storm and Magneto work together to try and figure things out, I love the natural balance with weather explanation. It's good to see they actually get her.

BANNED

That is his tragedy, he usually is happier in AU universes than in the main one, in Age of X-man Wanda and Pietro still are his children, mutantkind isnīt in danger, heīs one of its main protectors and heīs part of a X-men team he feels protective about despite his dark past, this is like a Magneto who never leave the X-men back in the 80īs, the only problem is that

2.- If he remembers Nate brainwashing him to become one of his riders to attack the X-men all bets are off, living a lie is worse than being afraid of returning to bad habits.
    3.- I still hope he and storm kiss or form a team to defeat Nate at the very least, I miss their freenemy relationship
    Magneto would never want a restart without Anya and Luna.

exactly I agree to all of this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I think Ororo has maybe been expeiriencing what Magnus did and she saw it. So she wants to ask him about it. I believe that the memory projection may have been Magnus remembering the past, and lashing out physically. Not having close relationships and the mindwipes are probably now confusing the X-men. Making them want to seek answers among themselves. I do think that fire seems to play apart symbolically. Peter is painting Lockheed with fire in the background when he starts to remember.

My theory is Jean is subconsciously fighting control and is trying to send messages to the X-men through subtle reminders of their pasts and is trying to get them to remember while Nate's grip on this world is weakening and slowly dying.
    I agree with the points in the first paragraph but I'm not so sure about jean being the one who is fighting control for the others especially per the description about Ororo on the marvel page.

oan:

I dont know if any one caught this but Ororo talking about preserving the natural balance of things is a characteristic unique to her mentioned in black panther where it was revealed she is a goddess. I wonder if this is something that is being hinted at in age of x and will goddess storm appear:

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Magneto would never want a restart without Anya and Luna.
    Agreed, he probably has been mourning Anya along with Wanda and Pietro in this reality but Luna is another matter, but I suspect that there may be a version of her in Age of X-man and maybe like in the case of Dany there are two of them now.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-06-2019 at 02:30 PM.

Storm and Magneto? Blech

Magneto is cool and all, but Storm can do better than grandpa's...

Tbh I can't see Magneto being with anybody at his age. Briar was weird as hell.