Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Storm and Magneto? Blech

Magneto is cool and all, but Storm can do better than grandpa's...

Tbh I can't see Magneto being with anybody at his age. Briar was weird as hell.
    I think Briar was meant to be weird and unsettling. That was just sort of her thing.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Storm and Magneto? Blech

Like Rosebunse said, Briar is supposed to be weird in more than one way, she is so weird that even Magneto sometimes feels uncomfortable.

About Storm and Magneto, I was half-joking about them kissing they certainly had never done that in canon, but I find their relationship interesting because they usually can work together when the situation calls for it or thereīs something more important than their antagonism going on without much drama, because Storm was there during the first time he tried to change his ways and their interactions usually have this subtext that he doesnīt have with a lot of X-men, except for Xavier, Rogue and Hank sometimes.

About Magnetoīs age, well I get where do you come from given the look he has on Age of X-man, but it really depends on the artist, inside story he is supposed to be physically younger than heīs chronologically, like Wolverine and Mystique who are both older than him but look a lot more younger.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-06-2019 at 07:01 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

I guess it's just weird for me because I got into comics about ten years ago, right as Magneto was becoming a more or less regular X-Men member. So even when he does something awful, it's hard for me to see him as a true villain.

Same with me, at the time I became a regular X-men comic fan I looked into the older issues by Claremont so my perspective of him is colored by that. Imo except for fatal attractions and Planet X by Morrison that was retconned, Magneto is usually written like an anti-hero with his own ideas about how to help mutantkind or a villain who has good motives and intentions but extreme methods with a side of mental instability, I like him more as an anti hero because I believe this makes more sense for his character after the changes Claremont did with him back in the 80īs, his redemption story was too well done for it to go to waste so him becoming an X-man for some time was a good change for me.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-06-2019 at 07:19 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Same with me, at the time I became a regular X-men comic fan I looked into the older issues by Claremont so my perspective of him is colored by that. Imo except for fatal attractions and Planet X by Morrison that was retconned, Magneto is usually written like an anti-hero with his own ideas about how to help mutantkind or a villain who has good motives and intentions but extreme methods with a side of mental instability, I like him more as an anti hero because I believe this makes more sense for his character after the changes Claremont did with him back in the 80īs, his redemption story was too well done for it to go to waste so him becoming an X-man for some time was a good change for me.
    I don't hate the Morrison stuff, because it wasn't that bad. And some of the other times he went back to pure villainy was fun. But he's still an X-Men to me LOL

Not gonna lie there was a time I was like Morrison but curiously enough I liked some of Morrison stuff, I liked how he wrote Bishop, Charles, Cassandra Nova is an excellent villain, his Emma and Logan were good, I disliked the way he made Jean and Scott break up but in perspective they probably needed time away from each other to become their own characters again and I thought Xorn could be an interesting new X-men character with a singular perspective, different from Xavier and Magneto, then he decided to ruin him by making him become Magneto XD and spit on my favourite character so now I donīt hate him but I donīt like him either

I know part of Magnetoīs appeal for a lot of fans is him going full villain and out of control, I also like those stories too when they are well written but I just find him a lot more interesting when heīs in the middle ground, making his own choices.

Extraordinary Member

Not gonna lie there was a time I was like Morrison but curiously enough I liked some of Morrison stuff, I liked how he wrote Bishop, Charles, Cassandra Nova is an excellent villain, his Emma and Logan were good, I disliked the way he made Jean and Scott break up but in perspective they probably needed time away from each other to become their own characters again and I thought Xorn could be an interesting new X-men character with a singular perspective, different from Xavier and Magneto, then he decided to ruin him by making him become Magneto XD and spit on my favourite character so now I donīt hate him but I donīt like him either

I know part of Magnetoīs appeal for a lot of fans is him going full villain and out of control, I also like those stories too when they are well written but I just find him a lot more interesting when heīs in the middle ground, making his own choices.
    It's a weird book because he does so much that really changed the X-Men and brought them into the modern era.

Yes but he left a mess that later became an even bigger mess that other writers had to deal with but listening to other fandoms that have gotten his special treatment I guess thatīs just his style so as a writer that is brought to shake things up I get why some fans like him but heīs not my cup of tea, I believe itīs better when writers manage to shake things up, relaunch the franchise to another level and leaves it in a better place than it was before.

Extraordinary Member

Yes but he left a mess that later became an even bigger mess that other writers had to deal with but listening to other fandoms that have gotten his special treatment I guess thatīs just his style so as a writer that is brought to shake things up I get why some fans like him but heīs not my cup of tea, I believe itīs better when writers manage to shake things up, relaunch the franchise to another level and leaves it in a better place than it was before.
    Yeah, he sure left things in a place that forced other writers to resort to some weird **** to get the toys back into the toy box.

Yes, some of it was good some of it wasnīt and I loved some of it too
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-06-2019 at 08:20 PM.

BANNED

Is anyone actually enjoying AOXM? I think it’s just filler until HOX/POX

Quote Originally Posted by Retcon View Post
    I can say that I'm enjoying Prisoner X as in I don't feel like I've wasted my wallet. Can't say the same for a few of the other X-Books I pull...

Quote Originally Posted by Retcon View Post
    I can like it for what it is

Well Morrison ruined Jean for a generation. Shake up things doesn't mean it is good

BANNED

I still don’t understand the reasoning behind him killing her off. He destroyed there marriage an then she had to die as well. That totally disrespected the character.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Storm and Magneto? Blech

Magneto is a psycho, he has redeemable qualities but he is still a very bad person.
    He is so obsessed with his cause, most of his life has been wasted on it that i doubt he can truly love someone (outside of his kids and even that is on a very dysfunctional and complicated way)