Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should cheetah get any new abilities?

This idea is something I been thinking about. Due to the fact cheetahs are native to Africa and are one of the many cat predators. Should cheetah not only be related to cheetahs but the other Africa cats? Like she can roar like a lion?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Give her the power to camouflage herself, like the spots on a Cheetah are to help in aiding it to hunt.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

There’s an african AND an asiatic cheetah though, sadly, the latter is almost extinct. The cheetah's not a big cat so they can’t roar and are not related to lions, tigers, leopards and jaguars, only those 4 big cats roar

Also, Cheetahs don’t live in jungles, they like open plains where they can best outpace their quarry. Cheetah is synonymous with Speed, its the only cat that doesn’t ambush their prey, they rely on speed and agility to hunt

Cheetah should, in my opinion, hold the distinction of being the fastest sprinter in the DC Universe, like her animal namesake, it makes all the sense in the world. It wouldn’t take anything away from Flash, he’d still be the fastest man alive, Cheetah would merely have the fastest 0-to-X/kph acceleration time in very quick bursts of speed

You could give her some control over the Red. I do think Cheetah has needed a boost in power for a while. Maybe something like Black Panther’s ability to track people’s souls?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You could give her some control over the Red. I do think Cheetah has needed a boost in power for a while. Maybe something like Black Panther’s ability to track people’s souls?
    This is an interesting addition to her story.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I'm a fan of the idea of Cheetah being able to kill gods. Being able to sense and track their movements with a sixth sense would be interesting. She'd need some form of protection from being killed by gods though.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I will always be a fan of her infectious bite from the New 52. It's terrifying. It lets her assemble an army quickly. Most importantly? It works with her status as an opposite number to Diana. Diana wants to elevate humanity? Cheetah wants to knock us back into the muck and reduce us to animals.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Cheetah wants to knock us back into the muck and reduce us to animals.
    Hmmm... that exact thing I would attribute to Circe.

Cheetah's axis v Diana should have to do with their relationship to the divine.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Hmmm... that exact thing I would attribute to Circe.

Cheetah's axis v Diana should have to do with their relationship to the divine.
    True, in retrospect.

Still a cool power that greatly increases her threat level.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Give her cannibal abilities, like when she eats someone she temporarily gains their powers, But she has to eat 70% of the meat on the carcass.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Diana can talk to animals and get useful information from them. Cheetah should have an ability to summon, enrage and control wild animals and send them on destructive sprees. Rather like an evil, land based Aquaman.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

I do know Cheetahs aren’t big cats. I’m just saying why not make Barbra be able to control cats or at least some dangerous cats. I mean why can’t she control animals? One thing I would have her be able to do like most said camouflage. Why not have her be able to be faster than the flash. That she can be faster than him in a few seconds to a few minutes. One thing I would love to see is her eating gods and taking their powers. Heck I would love to see her transform when she does get to eat gods

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I will always be a fan of her infectious bite from the New 52. It's terrifying. It lets her assemble an army quickly. Most importantly? It works with her status as an opposite number to Diana. Diana wants to elevate humanity? Cheetah wants to knock us back into the muck and reduce us to animals.
    There was one (animated?) appearance where she made Diana hallucinate that random people were her.

I wonder if terms of the main JL members should cheetah be at least hold her own? I mean should she be able to injury green lantern or flash?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    There was one (animated?) appearance where she made Diana hallucinate that random people were her.
    That wasn't Cheetah. That was nanites in Diana's bloodstream from Batman's contingency plans.

I'm talking about the New 52 Justice League story where she turned Superman and Flash into Cheetah monsters just by biting them.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I wonder if terms of the main JL members should cheetah be at least hold her own? I mean should she be able to injury green lantern or flash?
    Absolutely she should be a threat to most of them. Her claws should be able to cut Superman. She should at least be fast enough that she can keep up with Flash in a fight. Even if he's faster, it shouldn't be enough of a difference for him to just crush her unless he manages to get the drop on her. She should be durable enough and/or she should have a healing factor that allows her to survive most of the League's best shots.

Green Lantern is a matter of getting past their force fields. She may have trouble getting through them, so she may have to rely on surprise or timing. But if she makes it past them, she should be a very serious threat indeed.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--