View Poll Results: What did you think about this issue?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2 6.90%
  • ★★

4 13.79%
  • ★★★

11 37.93%
  • ★★★★

9 31.03%
  • ★★★★★

3 10.34%

Default Wonder Woman # 67 review

What do you guys think about this Issue?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It would probably be 3.5, but I went with 4.

Art is still sub-par, but this was better than last issue. More action, which was more well done, and Diana and Giganta make a good team.

I guess with Leslie MIA, and Ferdinand seemingly hooking up with Eirene, i guess Molly and Damon will now fill the inter species romance role. Molly finding that sword at the end, and the Titans mentioning it, was surprising. Is the sword connected to Olympus and the Amazons, or (as the next issue teaser blurb indicated) are some Artuhrian legends going to be mixed in?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I have always been a huge Cary Nord fan, but I am so disappointed with his run here. He is just not the right artist for the book. I can only imagine how grand this story could be with a different artist like the Dodsons, Luppachino, Xermanico, jason fabok...
    Other than the art, I thought the story was much better this time. It does seem that GWW is getting used to Diana, although I didnt much care for the grunt when pulling the door off. That should not even be grunt worthy.

I really liked it! It was light, fun and exciting, even Cary Nord's art was good to me this issue. The big man needing rescuing twice with belly-button and butt-crack showing was hilarious. Liked Damon's romantic line worthy of Romeo, Diana commenting on edged weapons in NRA country with Gladys' nonplussed reaction and Doris and Diana giving their best Thelma and Louise (or was it Bette and Joan?). I was intrigued by Maggie's talk about magic, sparkle and wonder and then with her eyes all aglow, finding the sword the "Titans" were protecting, that just happens to sport her first initial. This was a great first leg of the journey to Themyscira!

Hahaha, 5/5! The best Wonder Woman comic this year!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Spectacular Member

I felt this was the best of GWW's run so far. There were several things I enjoyed but I would still only rate this 3 stars. For the most part, the pacing and action sequences were solid. The dialog between Wonder Woman and Giganta was better.

A few things that left me scratching my head:
    --Why not just take the driver all the way to safety before engaging the titan? I don't know if that was GWW or Nord's choice.
    --The timeline of events is wonky.
    --Again, the Incredible Journey crew is just...wandering in the woods after the encounter with the titan. Is their journey still on purpose? Because it seemed like it wasn't in the last issue as they were fleeing from the titan. It's a surprise (or poor superheroing) that WW left them like that. They did not seem to like this journey when they appeared in this issue.
    --The satyr and the waitress have fallen in love...already? Or is this Aphrodite's doing? Or her son?
    --And where is Aphrodite? Wasn't she helping against the Titan last issue (if only briefly)?

Despite those head-scratchers, I enjoyed this issue of GWW's run most.

jBn

Can someone who hated this issue give it 5 stars to make up for me accidentally giving it 1? The order was reversed, I chose too quickly and don't want to mess up the polling.

I liked it. Cary Nord does good action composition here, and the sense of scale he gives is real good. Too bad he still seems to to be least interested in drawing Wonder Woman, or the way he draws her bosom while she is flying.

There are lots of fun little details too, like Giganta realising the consequences of kicking a creature made of rocks, or Diana like a little gnat punching the "titan". Though I'm a little surprised that Aphrodite said they were titans in the previous issue—wonder where she went? On the other hand, I guess Aphrodite is rather flighty.

Our three mythketeers continue to fulfill their mythical purpose: to get in trouble and stir things up. It certainly is helped by their inability to think before they act.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Nord’s art was better here. Story was ok. Cool to see Wilson bringing in Arthurian myth.

Extraordinary Member

Gave it 3. It was okay.

Not sure what the point of bringing Giganta along was from an in story POV.

Big rock monster went down pretty easy in the end. And again, if it’s just moving stone why is Wonder Woman having such a hard time breaking it?

Not bad, all in all. But again, the most interesting characterisation goes to the support cast.
    Last edited by brettc1; 03-30-2019 at 07:28 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

With 20 votes cast and adjusting for Koriand’r’s error, the average for this issue is 3.35.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

All-New Member

3.5 for me. Enjoyed the storyline, but never really got on with Nord's art.

Really like Diana and Giganta as a team.

A 2 for me... I'm not digging Nord's art and layouts and this take on Giganta isn't living up to her potential IMHO.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I gave it a 2.

I was utterly disappointed in this issue especially with how Giganta was portrayed. Yeah, she talked a little smack but when it came time for her to show her potential as to why Diana recruited her, she cowered in fear of the Titan and said "you win". It's stories like this that make some people regard the Wonder-rogues as jokes. Giganta should have been presented as more aggressive, stubborn, and capable of giving her opponents a proper challenge. Top it off with more adventures of the silly new "Zoo Crew" and the abysmal art and I'm about ready to drop this book again and I've been reading every issue since the Finch run after dropping it 5 issues into Azzarello's run. Thankfully a Steve Orlando written issue is coming soon.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I think this issue is proof that WW is better, with a regular (every or every other issue) supporting cast. I think Doris is a keeper.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 04-10-2019 at 01:05 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!