Default The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina Season 1: Part 2

Episode One: The Epiphany. Sabrina challenges the schools sexist top boy competition and goes up against Nicholas while Suzy attempts to join ths boys basketball team.

Ambrose is chosen as top boy after Sabrina and Nicholas alter the parameters of the final task to find out who was having the demons attack Sabrina (these are the three demons we saw at the end of the solstice special)

Suzy makes the announcement that she want a to be called Theo and live as a boy.

Ros has a vision of her and Harvey together.
    Last edited by Qwerty; 04-05-2019 at 03:42 AM.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Episode 2: The Passion Of Sabrina Spellman

Lilith meets with the Dark Lord about his intentions for Sabrina and they make a wager.

The Dark Lord asks Sabrina to steal a pack of gum.

The attempts to use the boys locker room.

Ros and Harvey are pair up for Shakespeare and so does Sabrina and Billy. But Billy and Ros have some issues and Sabrina ends up with Harvey.

Zelda faces challenges at the academy.
    Last edited by Qwerty; 04-05-2019 at 04:37 AM.

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Episode One: The Epiphany. Sabrina challenges the schools sexist top boy competition and goes up against Nicholas while Suzy attempts to join ths boys basketball team.

Ambrose is chosen as top boy after Sabrina and Nicholas alter the parameters of the final task to find out who was having the demons attack Sabrina (these are the three demons we saw at the end of the solstice special)

Suzy makes the announcement that she want a to be called Theo and live as a boy.

Ros has a vision of her and Harvey together.
    Finally, they're clearing this up. The first part, they kind of jumped back and forth in Suzy identifying as a boy or girl. Kind of confused me at times. I kept wondering, "Is this a girl wanting to be a boy, or a boy wanting to be a girl? Make up your mind!"

Anyway, time to see how part two of this season goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Finally, they're clearing this up. The first part, they kind of jumped back and forth in Suzy identifying as a boy or girl. Kind of confused me at times. I kept wondering, "Is this a girl wanting to be a boy, or a boy wanting to be a girl? Make up your mind!"

Anyway, time to see how part two of this season goes.
    Yeah I was never quite sure either.

Matt "peace out suckas"

Episode one thru three were good with some hiccups, mid season issues with some good moments, the end bad and it will be more apparent next season.

They should have stuck to one story line. They started tossing darts at a wall and seeing if they would stick, especially at the very end.

Most of the season the biggest plot line was Blackwood's attempt to turn an already patriarchal church into something more patriarchal then ISIS... the Church of Judas or something which even Satan gives the thumbs down to.

At the same time you have Sabrina who is the church reformer and attempt to be the new generations Martin Luther which her father tried to be. You had these two plot lines which were the core to the story outside the teen romance angst I could care less about.Then everything suddenly was flipped on its head and not in a good way.

You had a show with as its foundation Satan worshiping Witches. Some of them were old school (Zelda, Prudence) some of them were new age (Hilda), some of them were reformers (Sabrina, Edward) and some of them were radical reactionary (Blackwood though he was originally set up as more old school) and suddenly none of that matters.

The young witches do seem more reform minded as a whole then the older ones more stuck in the Dark Ages in terms of their church, but all of them as shown in the young Witches fight with the Angels are willing to all die rather then renounce their deity.

Then in one episode they turn the omnipresent behind the scenes force in the show and the witches deity into a pretty dumb villain of the week and completely toss out the Church of Night and the foundation of the show something that will be felt hard next season. They decide to pack in there a reinvention of Sabrina's half witch/half human dichotomy into something they didn't fully think through.

Then, there was the season finale, which was so overstuffed I can’t even remember everything that happened. Over the course of one 60-minute episode, Lucifer comes back, reveals he’s Sabrina’s biological father (eww), and also shares that Nick was working for him the entire time (but not willingly, because we still need Nick to be a “nice guy”). Sabrina and her family try and fail to defeat Satan, twice—as Roz, Harvey, and Theo stop the gates of Hell from opening—and finally succeed the third time with Nick sacrificing himself as a human host for Satan’s soul. They also perform “Masquerade” from Phantom of the Opera, because why not we’re all in hell now.

It all ends with Lilith rising as the Queen of Hell, with a crown of golden finger bones. She gives Sabrina her witch powers back and takes Nick with her to the underworld, where she’ll replace Lucifer as the leader of their church and source of all that is evil. This whole thing happened so fast that Father Blackwood’s sexist takeover of the Church of Night, which was presented as the central conflict of the series, was pretty much an afterthought. Zelda now runs their church, and Blackwood’s on the run, I guess.

I’m not sure if you’re following all this, but here are the CliffsNotes: It only took 19 episodes (and a holiday special) of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, a show about witches who worship Satan, to basically murder Satan. I can’t say what prompted this decision. Maybe someone worried the original conflict was subpar, or that the shorter season needs to “cut to the chase” a lot faster than traditional television. Maybe the producers were under pressure to take the whole Satan component out of the show. But in short: It’s a disaster.

Three episodes is not nearly enough time for Sabrina to become Jesus, lose her powers, start the apocalypse, and then come face-to-face and defeat Lucifer Morningstar...the eternal ruler of hell who’s also her personal Darth Vader. What the heaven is Chilling Adventures of Sabrina without the Dark Lord? It’s an interesting question, but it shouldn’t have been asked so damn quickly. And it’s changed the series forever...in a way I don’t think it’s ready for.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/6-things-we-...ce=io9_twitter
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-09-2019 at 05:17 AM.

I really enjoyed it

Matt "peace out suckas"

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I watched the first three episodes of part 2 and I still find Sabrina infuriating. After screwing up with Harvey's brother I would think she would grow little.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I watched the first three episodes of part 2 and I still find Sabrina infuriating. After screwing up with Harvey's brother I would think she would grow little.
    She doesn't get any better in terms of her ego for her ego being the size of the world only surpassed by the Dark Lord's ego which is the size of the universe, but its a character trait. The problem in part two was she didn't suffer any kind of real fall out from the ill effects of that character trait the way that happened in episodes 8 and 9 last season.

Her biggest problem is a kind of unearned entitlement complex. They spent too much time building up how much she hates the Church of Night and everything it stands for, but suddenly she wants to be head of her class, future high priest and the Church of Night's Martin Luthor when she still doesn't know her witch 101 like their holidays and holds almost all of what they do in contempt. With some tweaks it could have worked quite well.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    She doesn't get any better in terms of her ego for her ego being the size of the world only surpassed by the Dark Lord's ego which is the size of the universe, but its a character trait. The problem in part two was she didn't suffer any kind of real fall out from the ill effects of that character trait the way that happened in episodes 8 and 9 last season.

Her biggest problem is a kind of unearned entitlement complex. They spent too much time building up how much she hates the Church of Night and everything it stands for, but suddenly she wants to be head of her class, future high priest and the Church of Night's Martin Luthor when she still doesn't know her witch 101 like their holidays and holds almost all of what they do in contempt. With some tweaks it could have worked quite well.
    I guess she wants to reform witch society much like her father tried to do when he was high priest. It's the only thing I can think of as to why she wants to be topboy and high priest. It pisses me off seeing her want to be apart of witch society and expecting it to bend to her will. Even going as far as using her mortal heritage to bypass certain things. It makes it every hard for me to want to see her succeed. She's making Satan look like the good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I guess she wants to reform witch society much like her father tried to do when he was high priest. It's the only thing I can think of as to why she wants to be topboy and high priest. It pisses me off seeing her want to be apart of witch society and expecting it to bend to her will. Even going as far as using her mortal heritage to bypass certain things. It makes it every hard for me to want to see her succeed. She's making Satan look like the good guy.
    You get to the crux of the problem that real reform and change is slow and not handed to you on a silver platter.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-22-2019 at 11:15 AM.