Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default How 19 years of X-Men Films Sabotages Cyclops

Thought this was interesting:

BANNED

This thread will be interesting, that is what I know.

Anyone watched the video that inspired her to do this one?

It's disgusting:

It could also be called how 19 years of FoX-Men films sabotages anyone not named Wolverine, Magneto, Professor X or Katnisstique.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    It could also be called how 19 years of FoX-Men films sabotages anyone not named Wolverine, Magneto, Professor X or Katnisstique.
    Yep. 0101010100101010
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The pedantic in me wants to say Katnisstique was only 8 years.

But then I also say that because X3 did Mystique dirty (like Cyclops, of course).

the movies were pretty bad to scott and storm both. two of the most prominent x-characters, and their 2 best leaders, and the movies completely crapped on them. Scott will always get a bad rap because he's the boss, but in reality, he is one of the truest x-men ever.

True, but Cyclops is on whole another level. While it's clear that Fox didn't give a crap about other characters, for Cyclops it seemed like they actively disliked him and wanted the audience to dislike him too.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    the movies were pretty bad to scott and storm both. two of the most prominent x-characters, and their 2 best leaders, and the movies completely crapped on them. Scott will always get a bad rap because he's the boss, but in reality, he is one of the truest x-men ever.
    I think the MCU will rectify this(especially because it's basically open terrain not covered by the Fox-Men films). Scott and Ororo will be the Steve and Thor of the X-men(and most likely Logan will be the Tony :/ ).

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think the MCU will rectify this(especially because it's basically open terrain not covered by the Fox-Men films). Scott and Ororo will be the Steve and Thor of the X-men(and most likely Logan will be the Tony :/ ).
    I can get behind that direction. Other than Logan’s, not particularly keen on that.

Pretty much.

This right here, but mostly Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I can get behind that direction. Other than Logan’s, not particularly keen on that.
    Me neither, but it is basically inevitable. Logan is a force to be reckoned with, and I just can't see Feige leaving him on the table, unused. That said, if Scott and Ororo get their due, the three of them working together could be the stuff of legend.

If only they had done something like
    Professor Xavier forming the x men, the 05, second movie Kurt and Storm joining and some other.

3rd movie about Dark Phoenix and with Jeans death Cyclops steps down as leader and hands it to Storm. 4th one about Storm and Logan joins in and so on and so on. With the 5th one having Jean come back.

Was that too much to ask?

I'm all for giving Scott and Ororo their due, but Logan was there too. He just can't be the center of things like Fox made him. It will be difficult to resist that temptation, but that is the way. Don't deny the actual canon.

If I had my way, I'd copy the Avengers tactic and have Logan, Ororo, and Scott each have their own movies before bringing them together for a huge Giant Sized X-Men type story. Logan could take the Iron Man spot and go first, since he has the most connections with Cap, Hulk, Carol, and Natasha, and his origin with Weapon X and all the wars and such can easily be tied into SHIELD and the existing MCU. He can pave the way to integrate the two universes.

Then Ororo goes next, where we see young Xavier and Shadow King, and hint at Apocalypse and tie in with Black Panther, while also showing how powerful mutants could be and how much good they can do for the world(goddess Ororo ending droughts and famine and such).

Then Scott(Cyclops: The First X-Man) goes, and you start with his origin(hinting at the Shi'Ar) with Alex and the parachute, the orphanage(hinting at Sinister) and then do Diamond Jack and Xavier recruits him and then the other O5, forming the team by the end of his movie.

Then Giant Sized X-Men(or X-Men:Children of the Atom) brings them all together. The O5 are sent on a mission to a military controlled island, yadayadayada, Xavier recruits Ororo and Logan(plus more) to save the original team, under Scott's leadership. They team up and throw the island into space, have beers at Harry's Hideaway while SHIELD/the shadow government/whatever reviews satellite footage and greenlights the Sentinel program(with Raven Darkholme in the room as DARPA head).

Later movies can have the team vs the Sentinels(I'd love to see that NYC fight from Uncanny 98), Mystique/Destiny/Rogue as Captain Marvel villains, introduce Magneto and his Asteroid M and Brotherhood/Acolytes/MLF(however you want to play it), etc, etc. Sure I'd love a proper Phoenix Saga and later Dark Phoenix Saga, but Fox has pretty much screwed the pooch on that. I'm not sure how I'd play Scott and Jean in that regard, but I guess we'll see eventually.