Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Logan mentioned him when logan & Jean were making out in the lab.
    There's tombstone for him in the School.That's what I remembered.
    So,I think It's a big win for Scott in X3.
    I know. That's why I said barely. Xaviers mentions him at Jean's house. "You killed the man you loved." and Logan mentions him in passing when pep-talking everyone, "I know it's hard. We lost Charles, we lost Scott" or something along the lines. I think that's about it.

But I really hate that he's not given a funeral even though he died before Xavier.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

They're never going to make their favourite boy Magneto look bad. Cyclops hurting Magneto in any capacity in Fox-verse is daydreaming. And this Magneto doesn't even make a magnetic shield(yeah, he did in Apocalypse, but it felt like a one-time thing), he should be easy to take out by Cyke, but no.
    I don't think Cyke should/can take magneto out.But the laser vision is disturbing.

I don't think Cyke should/can take magneto out.But the laser vision is disturbing.
    Eh, I don't think movie version of Magneto should be too hard to take out for anyone who has powerful long range attacks with good aim and speed.

Have I actually said something offensive for report?If I did which part?
    Telling people to not defend something isn’t a good move. Lots of people loved the X-Men movies and they have a right to their opinions on the films. I personally think Cyke was underdeveloped in X1 and X2 but the actor chose to leave the franchise so I don’t hold X3 against Fox at all. Besides being my complaint I thought Scott was a capable leader in X1 and I enjoyed the fight scene between him and Jean in X2. I certainly would never say the films sabotaged the character.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    the actor chose to leave the franchise so I don’t hold X3 against Fox at all. r.
    Not correct, he could still be in both movies. They made it work with McKellen only having 15 days to shoot due to being in another film.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Telling people to not defend something isn’t a good move. Lots of people loved the X-Men movies and they have a right to their opinions on the films. I personally think Cyke was underdeveloped in X1 and X2 but the actor chose to leave the franchise so I don’t hold X3 against Fox at all. Besides being my complaint I thought Scott was a capable leader in X1 and I enjoyed the fight scene between him and Jean in X2. I certainly would never say the films sabotaged the character.
    That's not true. Fox wanted to kill Cyke regardless.

While James Marsden was unavailable due to filming Superman Returns (2006) at the same time as this movie, Twentieth Century Fox had always planned to have Jean Grey kill off Cyclops in this movie. Zak Penn talked about the lack of Cyclops in this movie on the message boards of the now-closed website The X-Verse, in which he participated in Q&As with fans, and could only say to the fans, while the movie was being made, that if they expected to see more of Cyclops, then fans were going to be disappointed. Penn would later say after the movie's release, that he and co-Writer Simon Kinberg fought with Fox not to kill Cyclops, but the studio insisted the character die to have a more emotional impact. The decision to kill off Cyclops received heavy backlash from fans and moviegoers, and fans still debate whether the character actually even died, since his death wasn't shown on-screen, and neither Storm nor Wolverine bothered to search for him when they find Jean alone at Alkali Lake.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376994/trivia

That's not true. Fox wanted to kill Cyke regardless.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376994/trivia
    If they wanted his death to have any impact they should have developed him more.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    If they wanted his death to have any impact they should have developed him more.
    Which also may have made Marsden prioritize the role' s importance differently. All of which circles back to wasting him in the first two movies.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Eh, I don't think movie version of Magneto should be too hard to take out for anyone who has powerful long range attacks with good aim and speed.
    Movie Magneto has reacted to bullets firing at him.

He actually wasn't bad in X1. He was underused but he proved himself very useful when he was shown. X2 he was just useless, and X3 just did him dirty.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Yes, he was wasted but so was almost everybody.
    I would have liked if other characters were important but i think they did a good job with Wolverine, Magneto and Xavier, is not the characters fault fox didn't want to use other characters.

Hopeful now Disney can use Scott, Jean, Ororo and the others better

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Fun fact: that mostly off-frame fight with Deathstrike wasn't even in the original script. Marsden had to talk to Singer to make it happen.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Fun fact: that mostly off-frame fight with Deathstrike wasn't even in the original script. Marsden had to talk to Singer to make it happen.
    Well, I'm at a loss for words. Way to go Marsden, I guess...
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Cyclops and Storm the two greatest leaders in X-Men history and going by the films

X-Men: Scott and Storm are former students of Xavier and teachers at the school and belong to the field team. Scott loves Jean and Storm has a bad accent oh and makes one of the worst lines in film history.

X2: Storm is there but hey lost the bad accent progress? Oh and Cyclops spends the film brainwashed until Jean dies.

X-Men The Last Stand: Storm is now "Leader" but not really because Wolverine still calls the shots and Storm dislikes the cure. Cyclops died Jean's true act of love it was a mercy killing to get him out of the series.

X-Men Origins Wolverine: Storm was a kid once in Africa ground breaking and more ground breaking Cyclops went to high school and had powers which caused Weapon-X to take him and is saved by Wolverine and Xavier finds him and others. Will this ever be mentioned again? Nope okay moving on.

X-Men First Class: Scott has a teen brother in 1962 wait what?

X-Men DOFP: Cyclops still dead and Storm cannon fodder but everyone's alive at end well until Logan.

X-Men Apocalypse: Cyclops some high school rehash from Origins, Alex and Scott scenes. Are we pretending Alex hasn't aged in 20 years? Oh we are okay Scott meets Jean he likes her. What have we learned class? Nothing new but some Scott and Jean bonding scenes were cut to help make room for a pointless Wolverine scene oh at least some Fox Traditions live on. Storm lived in Africa, got a make over from Apocalypse, and had a Mohawk oh and she admired Mystique well Jennifer Lawrence is Mystique now so everyone adores her of course.

16 years from X-Men to Apocalypse and if you removed my snark you'd barely have a paragraph on the history of the two greatest leaders of the X-Men nuff said.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 04-07-2019 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Cyclops and Storm the two greatest leaders in X-Men history and going by the films

X-Men: Scott and Storm are former students of Xavier and teachers at the school and belong to the field team. Scott loves Jean and Storm has a bad accent oh and makes one of the worst lines in film history.

X2: Storm is there but hey lost the bad accent progress? Oh and Cyclops spends the film brainwashed until Jean dies.

X-Men The Last Stand: Storm is now "Leader" but not really because Wolverine still calls the shots and Storm dislikes the cure. Cyclops died Jean's true act of love it was a mercy killing to get him out of the series.

X-Men Origins Wolverine: Storm was a kid once in Africa ground breaking and more ground breaking Cyclops went to high school and had powers which caused Weapon-X to take him and is saved by Wolverine and Xavier finds him and others. Will this ever be mentioned again? Nope okay moving on.

X-Men First Class: Scott has a teen brother in 1962 wait what?

X-Men DOFP: Cyclops still dead and Storm cannon fodder but everyone's alive at end well until Logan.

X-Men Apocalypse: Cyclops some high school rehash from Origins, Alex and Scott scenes. Are we pretending Alex hasn't aged in 20 years? Oh we are okay Scott meets Jean he likes her. What have we learned class? Nothing new but some Scott and Jean bonding scenes were cut to help make room for a pointless Wolverine scene oh at least some Fox Traditions live on. Storm lived in Africa, got a make over from Apocalypse, and had a Mohawk oh and she admired Mystique well Jennifer Lawrence is Mystique now so everyone adores her of course.

16 years from X-Men to Apocalypse and if you removed my snark you'd barely have a paragraph on the history of the two greatest leaders of the X-Men nuff said.
    That line is made all the worse because it was supposed to be a retort to Toad saying crap like that all the time, except those lines were all cut out of the final film. The retort to them was left in for some reason. If Toad is basically saying stuff like "You know what happens when a toad xxx?" then Storm's line would have come across better - as well as basically saying she was sick and tired of his stupid one liners in addition to just being sick and tired of him.
    Dark does not mean deep.