Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 64
  1. #16
    Spectacular Member Jalysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Why majority of makle writers have a massive crush on Kitty? it is really bizarre. Whedon, bendis, guggs
    They were all teenage boys who crushed on the character back in the 80's. Unfortunately, that carried over to adulthood. Also, don't forget Jordan White, he's another one.

  2. #17
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,496

    Default

    I really dont like the artist on this

  3. #18
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    3,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Knew this fucking story was going to be about Kittylossus again.

    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  4. #19
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    5,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    They were all teenage boys who crushed on the character back in the 80's. Unfortunately, that carried over to adulthood. Also, don't forget Jordan White, he's another one.
    It's like that movie: high school girls never get older.

  5. #20
    "Emma is STILL right! Vegeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,522

    Default

    Nice to see a newly created mutant character who doesn't have a hundred eyes or their face melting off their body for a change.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

  6. #21
    Spectacular Member ColossusFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    *eyes roll* This ship is so over. IDK why insist on this
    Unfortunately it's never over...this is the problem with the X-books..characters are not allowed to truly progress because they are constantly being reverted by writers who want to relive the past ..and the X-office consistently allowing these writers to shit on any forward progress in the name of nostalgia, if not full on mandating it
    Last edited by ColossusFan; 04-05-2019 at 10:19 AM.

  7. #22
    Extraordinary Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    8,032

    Default

    Wyngarde Rehabilitation Center

    I wonder how Regan and Megan feel about that.

  8. #23
    Mighty Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Wyngarde Rehabilitation Center

    I wonder how Regan and Megan feel about that.
    Well Regan named her movie studios Wyngarde, so she should know she had a father at some point.

    Megan probably doesn't know that Mastermind might be her father. It's unclear but it seems all of the students at the Summers Institute (think they) came from the Cerebra hatchery

    It brings up something I hadn't thought of though, if familial bonds are discouraged in Age of X-Man, why does everyone still use Surnames?

  9. #24
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,616

    Default

    Am I missing the part where colossus is shown/mentioned here? :?

  10. #25
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Why majority of makle writers have a massive crush on Kitty? it is really bizarre. Whedon, bendis, guggs
    I don't fault fans for their fictional crushes, but damn, it's not like Kitty is even that visually distint. In the comics and cartoons, she looks so normal. Is that part of the appeal?

    I guess it's just something I don't get since I only got into comics in the past ten years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Nice to see a newly created mutant character who doesn't have a hundred eyes or their face melting off their body for a change.
    You don't like Eye Boy?
    Quote Originally Posted by ColossusFan View Post
    Unfortunately it's never over...this is the problem with the X-books..characters are not allowed to truly progress because they are constantly being reverted by writers who want to relive the past ..and the X-office consistently allowing these writers to shit on any forward progress in the name of nostalgia, if not full on mandating it
    In this case, I don't absolutely hate it. It would make sense that Colossus would be hung up on her. It only makes sense that he would have a lot of unresolved feelings about her and in this setting, he doesn't have the right perception or experience to suppress them. He doesn't knownher, he just knows that there's this woman he has strong feelings towards and he doesn't know what to do with them.

    My main question is just why was Evan still at a hatchery?

  11. #26
    My Mutant Muses TRIFECTA! Heroine Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imagi Nation
    Posts
    6,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    ... It brings up something I hadn't thought of though, if familial bonds are discouraged in Age of X-Man, why does everyone still use Surnames?
    To acknowledge what are basically their... genetic donors, maybe?

    Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Am I missing the part where colossus is shown/mentioned here? :?
    He's the shadow figure right at the end, here:

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    ... still desperately pining for Kitty, sadly.
    My TOP XMen Faves
    PolarisDazzler
    I
    CEMAN♂♀Dani MoonstarArchangel
    MagnetoSunfire

    THE GiFTED💚💚NewMUTANTS💙Dk.Phoenix
    😍AoXM:PrisonerXtracts&Xtremists+UncannyWotR

  12. #27
    Sad & Brazilian PrezValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I don't fault fans for their fictional crushes, but damn, it's not like Kitty is even that visually distint. In the comics and cartoons, she looks so normal. Is that part of the appeal?

    I guess it's just something I don't get since I only got into comics in the past ten years.
    Most of them probably first read about her in their childhood or teenage years. She was the first "kid" among the adults and could serve as POV character for younger readers. And then she gets top billing being vital to one of the X-Men's best known stories.

    There's also the appeal of the "girl next door" concept. Nerdy, not flashy, looks like your regular teenage girl, etc, etc. These are naturally just educated guesses.

  13. #28
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    5,054

    Default

    give me x-men books so my magneto crush can bleed off the page
    heroine addict we love you come back

  14. #29
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    give me x-men books so my magneto crush can bleed off the page
    Magneto is looking damn fine with that beard.

  15. #30
    Incredible Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Magneto is looking damn fine with that beard.
    haha yeah, he looks so distinguished and regal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •