BANNED

Default Claremont's Upcoming Visit To Greece.

Chris Claremont will be coming to Athens for the first time ever as a guest for this year's Athenscon.
    I want to be there to meet him since i am his fan.
    Thing is that i want to give him a scetch of Phoenix that i drew for him and to give him a copy of my novel as a souvenir of shorts. Will he accept it or will he be offended?
    Is there someone with experience on this? I really need an insight.
    Last edited by Minerboh; 04-05-2019 at 11:42 AM.

All-New Member

I don't think he will be offended. It doesn't hurt to go and offer it to him, just don't be too pushy.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Many years ago I gave him as a gift a drawing I myself made for him. He seemed happy and kept it with him (of course I don't know what he did with it after that, LOL).

Anyway, he was very nice and kind. I understand a novel is maybe a different thing, but I guess as long as you don't force him to read and review it, there will be no problem.

Good luck! I envy you!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Many years ago I gave him as a gift a drawing I myself made for him. He seemed happy and kept it with him (of course I don't know what he did with it after that, LOL).

Anyway, he was very nice and kind. I understand a novel is maybe a different thing, but I guess as long as you don't force him to read and review it, there will be no problem.

Good luck! I envy you!
    Oh, do not worry about me forcing him to do anything. First the novel is written in greek so i doubt that he can read it anyway. I just want to give it to him as a sign of respect and welcome.
    Second, i will try to collect all my courage just to speak to him.
    Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It gave me a lot of info as to how i can approch him.

Many of these celebrities need a different kind of approching and i am pretty nervous about it.
    For instance, my brother met Romita Jr in Comicdom of Athens way back in 2008 ( i couldn't go because i was sitting for my cardiology exams) and he told me that he was pretty distant and cold.
    Last edited by Minerboh; 04-05-2019 at 01:30 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kourtis View Post
    I don't think he will be offended. It doesn't hurt to go and offer it to him, just don't be too pushy.
    Thanks for the tip.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Oh, do not worry about me forcing him to do anything. First the novel is written in greek so i doubt that he can read it anyway. I just want to give it to him as a sign of respect and welcome.
    Second, i will try to collect all my courage just to speak to him.
    Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It gave me a lot of info as to how i can approch him.
    You're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    For instance, my brother met Romita Jr in Comicdom of Athens way back in 2008 ( i couldn't go because i was sitting for my cardiology exams) and he told me that he was pretty distant and cold.
    I'm sad to hear that . I hope he just had a bad day.