Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Wonder if there is any rhyme or reason for not having ALL animal-themed individuals, particularly on the hero side. Would be interesting for Wolverine or Tigra to be in this...

I would say the ones involved have connection to Spidey, but I don't think they all do...
    Oh, this is easy. For one, Wolverine would just be too hard to catch and he'd either kill Taskmaster and Black Ant, or if they did catch him, he'd just go to town on the Hunters until they ran out of robots. If they catch Tigra, they run the risk of someone not only noticing, but caring enough to try and find her. Basically, most heroes are too well connected.

With these villains, we see that they lost interest in the Lizard when Spiderman showed up; they only went after Billy because he was alone and couldn't put up a huge fight.

Even when Taskmaster and Black Ant went after groups of villains, they used very underhanded tactics to take them out early and they were sure to take the whole team, thus making sure that there were no survivors left to get help. To make things worse, if there were any survivors, they probably didn't go to the police or superheroes, but like Black Cat and Gibbon, put more trust in the villain community to provide them support, only for them to be turned over to Taskmaster and Black Ant anyways in exchange for money.

Also, there are far fewer animal themed heroes than there are villains.

Pretty much, the point here is that most of these villains are petty cowards.

I don't think it was a coincidence that only villains were chosen. Kraven has a plan. And we know very little about it. This is about Spider-man; not the rest of the hero community.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I feel so bad for all these villains, even Mandrill...OK, not really Mandrill, but still, think about how small of a space they're really in. All the screaming, everyone trying to find a hiding place. And it's not like there's any food around. We see that the villains who are based off of aquatic animals are being slaughtered in what water there is left, so that's no good. It seems like this early fighting was almost designed to quickly pick off the weaker and less intelligent villains, the real weaklings.

Basically, I think Kraven is trying to guilt Spiderman into going nuts. That's why Felicia and Billy are being kept separate.
    guilt or enrage him? He's allowing the hunters some anonymity by having them use Kraven bots. He wants Peter to see his face as the villains get slaughtered. There's some nobility in only involving other villains. I doubt that he planned for Billy to be there. It's kind of sad if this all being done so Kraven can commit suicide by cop.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    guilt or enrage him? He's allowing the hunters some anonymity by having them use Kraven bots. He wants Peter to see his face as the villains get slaughtered. There's some nobility in only involving other villains. I doubt that he planned for Billy to be there. It's kind of sad if this all being done so Kraven can commit suicide by cop.
    From the looks of it, that is Kraven's plan. He didn't want to be alive in the first place, but he was dragged back against his will by his family, and just like at the end of Grim Hunt, he wants (or needs) Spider-Man to end it for him. Of course, since he knows Spider-Man isn't inclined to kill or murder people, he figures that if he gets him angry enough, Spider-Man will put him back in the grave.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

I really hope it’s not that cause that would be so boring.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

This event has been really dope, but I just wish we had better art. Having someone like Immonen or Coipel or even Camuncoli on this event would have made it that much better.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I really hope it’s not that cause that would be so boring.
    I wouldn't say that it's boring, though we have seen this scenario played out before a lot. To me, it makes this situation all the more needless and darkly comical; Kraven wants Spiderman to kill him, so he finds a bunch of people, kidnaps them, and then tortures them all in front of Spiderman. And again, he didn't have Taskmaster and Black Ant go after heroes, he had them go after villains who were easy to catch. In this way, Spencer presents Kraven not as some great hunter, but as a petty coward.

While in my view no KLH (but then again what is?) I still enjoyed the next part of this event. Another solid issue from Spencer, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Kraven is just nuts. cloning yourself and having everyone kill one another and now... what? Bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    This event has been really dope, but I just wish we had better art. Having someone like Immonen or Coipel or even Camuncoli on this event would have made it that much better.
    I would have liked to see Ottley for this arc tbh. His art in issue 16 made me wish he was the one providing the art rather than Ramos. I am glad he's coming back with issue 22.

Astonishing Member

I wonder what is Kraven waiting for. Maybe for "the Spider" to unleash itself, like what happened back in "The Grim Hunt"? If it is, Kraven is a complete imbecile. He already should know, Spider-Man may have the fame of a "bouncing clown", but push his wrong buttons, and it will be your last mistake.

I wonder how Kraven's cloned son will play into all of this , and his impatient

will he challenge his father , like he did all the others
    Wherever I Go , The Wind Follows...............................And The Wind , It Smells Like Rain

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I wonder what is Kraven waiting for. Maybe for "the Spider" to unleash itself, like what happened back in "The Grim Hunt"? If it is, Kraven is a complete imbecile. He already should know, Spider-Man may have the fame of a "bouncing clown", but push his wrong buttons, and it will be your last mistake.
    I think he already knows that, he tried to put him in a situation so he would go mad in Grim Hunt to try and kill him, but it didn't work, so now he's trying again just also surrounded by death on a much grander scale.

It's an interesting take because always in stories like these in which a villain is testing the hero to see if he can "break" them, its usually as a way to win in what they would consider the grand scheme of things. But Kraven's appears to be just out of a sense of tiredness, he doesn't want to keep living, but can't die unless at the hands of Spider-Man, so it has less to do with breaking Spider-Man to "make him lose", but to wear him down enough so he can essentially pull the trigger and let him rest.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I wouldn't say that it's boring, though we have seen this scenario played out before a lot. To me, it makes this situation all the more needless and darkly comical; Kraven wants Spiderman to kill him, so he finds a bunch of people, kidnaps them, and then tortures them all in front of Spiderman. And again, he didn't have Taskmaster and Black Ant go after heroes, he had them go after villains who were easy to catch. In this way, Spencer presents Kraven not as some great hunter, but as a petty coward.
    Isn't that what a lot of (if not most) villains are, in the grand scheme of things? Maybe not necessarily cowards, but certainly petty and not nearly as great or as noble as they estimate themselves to be.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa View Post
    I wonder how Kraven's cloned son will play into all of this , and his impatient

will he challenge his father , like he did all the others
    My money's on Ana killing the clone. She was left alive for a reason.