Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Isn't that what a lot of (if not most) villains are, in the grand scheme of things? Maybe not necessarily cowards, but certainly petty and not nearly as great or as noble as they estimate themselves to be.
    Way I see it, Sergei already proved himself. His final reward was stolen from him. Now he's on autopilot/the walking dead. I can't judge him for wanting to die. There's nothing left for him.

Astonishing Member

The preview looks cool.
    The variety of villains that are in this story arc is impressive i have found villains in this story arc that i did not knew or did not remember anymore.

I like how so many of the captured villains are wearing their retro costumes. I can see Kangaroo's furry boots in that picture. and Mad Dog isn't in his more lupine mutant form.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    My money's on Ana killing the clone. She was left alive for a reason.
    Mine, too.

Way I see it, Sergei already proved himself. His final reward was stolen from him. Now he's on autopilot/the walking dead. I can't judge him for wanting to die. There's nothing left for him.
    Good point, come to think of it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

God, I hope Adrian's .HU issue has more of these dramatic reenactments. Who knew he would get the best gag of an issue?

Also, I really liked Felicia playing hardball.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

this issue was pretty good surprised about Vulture didnt knew he had that in him. And the twist with the robots is probably kill them and you kill the user controlling them

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Really enjoying this. Genuinely have no idea where it’s going.

I think it would be interesting to have it be the hunters die if their robots are killed, though I wonder since so much of the setup for the hunters has been making it be a very safe experience for them, would they be willing to still go through with it all if the threat of death was still very real?

And I do think, even though it makes sense for him not to trust Vulture, his plan to work together and fight back against the hunters' robots isn't a completely bad idea, and may make more sense then trying to find a way to escape, especially since if they really don't end up dying if they're destroyed, there's no worry about the villains killing anyone.

Spencer's a golden god. I'm enjoying the hell out of this story! Best of all, Taskmaster and Black Ant are still around.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    this issue was pretty good surprised about Vulture didnt knew he had that in him. And the twist with the robots is probably kill them and you kill the user controlling them
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I think it would be interesting to have it be the hunters die if their robots are killed, though I wonder since so much of the setup for the hunters has been making it be a very safe experience for them, would they be willing to still go through with it all if the threat of death was still very real?

And I do think, even though it makes sense for him not to trust Vulture, his plan to work together and fight back against the hunters' robots isn't a completely bad idea, and may make more sense then trying to find a way to escape, especially since if they really don't end up dying if they're destroyed, there's no worry about the villains killing anyone.
    Probably because the neural interface link to the Kraven-bots would fry their brains if the bots were destroyed, kind of like what happened in the initial arc of Sword Art Online, for those who are familiar with that particular anime. That aside, speaking of villains having a good point, it does look like Spider-Man's rash decision to leave Rhino behind in favor of saving Aunt May back in ASM 15 has certainly paid off in dividends, sarcasm fully intended on that last part.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Spencer's a golden god. I'm enjoying the hell out of this story! Best of all, Taskmaster and Black Ant are still around.
    Yep. Great issue. Loved Tasky's and Black Ant's scenes, brief though they were.

Can't to see what Black Ant is going to reveal to Spidey. Bet it's going to have something to do with what Kraven has planned for all the businessmen.

Lizard looked larger than normal this issue. I'm surprised that Taskmaster was able to take him down alone. Kind of suspect that Connors let himself be taken or paid Taskmaster to take him. It was nice of him to leave Eric his pym particles.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post

Given the timing of all this, if Vulture is in on all of this, he's rounded up all of the other remaining villains. This means that not only do they have a good chance of actually defeating some of the Hunters, but they'll be doing it long after the Hunters have gotten good and comfortable. And it will happen all at once, meaning that there would likely be few survivors.

It also gives Spider-Man an actual chance to stop them, which would make his potential failure that much harder to take.
    Lizard looked larger than normal this issue. I'm surprised that Taskmaster was able to take him down alone. Kind of suspect that Connors let himself be taken or paid Taskmaster to take him. It was nice of him to leave Eric his pym particles.
    I'm not sure what Connors could have given him. He probably doesn't have that much money left. Maybe Arcade has already paid Taskmaster and Taskmaster is sick with himself so he decides, why not?

This event's got 6 more issues in the tank and Nick's already about to SNAP omg...
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I genuinely cannot believe how great this arc has been and, moreover, Spencer's entire run. He has really corrected all of the things I didn't like about Slott's run and has constructed a wonderful and fun new tapestry without rebooting or ignoring any continuity; the fact that things will only get more insane after "Hunted" once the Centipede Demon arc kicks into high gear makes this a great time to be reading ASM!