Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Given the timing of all this, if Vulture is in on all of this, he's rounded up all of the other remaining villains. This means that not only do they have a good chance of actually defeating some of the Hunters, but they'll be doing it long after the Hunters have gotten good and comfortable. And it will happen all at once, meaning that there would likely be few survivors.
    Adrian's not known for his nobility. he's a schemer. so what's the scheme? is this just about survival? where'd he get that helmet? and what are they finding to eat in Central Park? some of these guys logically need to consume a lot to keep moving; because of their size.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I genuinely cannot believe how great this arc has been and, moreover, Spencer's entire run. He has really corrected all of the things I didn't like about Slott's run and has constructed a wonderful and fun new tapestry without rebooting or ignoring any continuity; the fact that things will only get more insane after "Hunted" once the Centipede Demon arc kicks into high gear makes this a great time to be reading ASM!
    Wow, I am such an outlier than cause his run has been painfully boring and uneventful.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Wow, I am such an outlier than cause his run has been painfully boring and uneventful.
    You’re not alone. Problem is that to voice that kind of opinion, you would need tons of people to agree and tons of proof to support why you feel voted. The internet is unforgiving and this place is no different. I found the first arc with the split Peter’s to be horrible boring. And yes we are getting two issues a month but the drag for the centipede man has me drained. I said it before; I started reading when a Harry Osborn died and for 4 years after his death, we had mystery villain in the shadows for most of that time. The super regression of Peter Parker from scientist to editor to NOBODY is just absolutely done to death and something I can’t understand anymore. Isn’t it possible to write a decent Peter Parker without making him a pathetic idiot or bum? He wasn’t even this bad in the 70’s and 80’s.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Adrian's not known for his nobility. he's a schemer. so what's the scheme? is this just about survival? where'd he get that helmet? and what are they finding to eat in Central Park? some of these guys logically need to consume a lot to keep moving; because of their size.
    It's only been a couple of hours. Food isn't an issue...yet, but there's also water to worry about. Personally, I'm not sure Kraven or Arcade are expecting things to go that long.

I bet Vulture is in on this and that robot head was put somewhere for him to find. He's using Gibbon as not just a prop, but also as an alibi. The others wouldn't believe that he could take down just one of those things on his own, so he uses Gibbon, who we know is dead, as a way to explain his success.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    You’re not alone. Problem is that to voice that kind of opinion, you would need tons of people to agree and tons of proof to support why you feel voted.
    why would you need that?

The internet is unforgiving and this place is no different.
    yet you two seem to be getting along just fine.

I found the first arc with the split Peter’s to be horrible boring. And yes we are getting two issues a month but the drag for the centipede man has me drained.
    i'm busy following the adventures of Kraven.

I said it before; I started reading when a Harry Osborn died and for 4 years after his death, we had mystery villain in the shadows for most of that time.
    was that a drag?

The super regression of Peter Parker from scientist to editor to NOBODY is just absolutely done to death and something I can’t understand anymore. Isn’t it possible to write a decent Peter Parker without making him a pathetic idiot or bum? He wasn’t even this bad in the 70’s and 80’s.
    is he pathetic? still has a hot girlfriend. still involved with science. just seems like a regular guy to me. he hasn't done anything idiotic that I can remember. and he's not panhandling. why so harsh?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    It's only been a couple of hours. Food isn't an issue...yet, but there's also water to worry about. Personally, I'm not sure Kraven or Arcade are expecting things to go that long.

I bet Vulture is in on this and that robot head was put somewhere for him to find. He's using Gibbon as not just a prop, but also as an alibi. The others wouldn't believe that he could take down just one of those things on his own, so he uses Gibbon, who we know is dead, as a way to explain his success.
    I certainly don't think that he took down one of the robots on his own. that's what makes the presence of the head so suspicious. did Arcade put it there? did Kraven, himself? why make a deal with the Vulture?

BANNED

You’re not alone. Problem is that to voice that kind of opinion, you would need tons of people to agree and tons of proof to support why you feel voted. The internet is unforgiving and this place is no different. I found the first arc with the split Peter’s to be horrible boring. And yes we are getting two issues a month but the drag for the centipede man has me drained. I said it before; I started reading when a Harry Osborn died and for 4 years after his death, we had mystery villain in the shadows for most of that time. The super regression of Peter Parker from scientist to editor to NOBODY is just absolutely done to death and something I can’t understand anymore. Isn’t it possible to write a decent Peter Parker without making him a pathetic idiot or bum? He wasn’t even this bad in the 70’s and 80’s.
    I guess you haven't revisited those comics in awhile, or you're seeing them through the filter of nostalgia.

Peter was not exactly setting the world on fire back then. And no one seemed to mind too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    is he pathetic? still has a hot girlfriend. still involved with science. just seems like a regular guy to me. he hasn't done anything idiotic that I can remember. and he's not panhandling. why so harsh?
    Yeah, the exaggerated response to Peter being between jobs at the moment is a bit silly.

He's been kind of preoccupied lately. It's not like he's some shiftless bum. I'm sure a new gig will come his way soon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I guess you haven't revisited those comics in awhile, or you're seeing them through the filter of nostalgia.

Peter was not exactly setting the world on fire back then. And no one seemed to mind too much.

Yeah, the exaggerated response to Peter being between jobs at the moment is a bit silly.

He's been kind of preoccupied lately. It's not like he's some shiftless bum. I'm sure a new gig will come his way soon.
    He wasn’t the best but his relationships seemed more stable and hopeful.

The character's relationships being stable and hopeful when that's half the book is bad, and Spencer's been making his personal life better in every way except for the job thing so he can start throwing wedges into it, like the ones this event will cause.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

he still hasn't pulled the trigger on Nora, Carlie, and MJ's anonymous group.

BANNED

I would say that's not exactly true. If you look back on the '70s and '80s, there's plenty of turmoil to go around. Someone's always mad at him for something or he doesn't quite know where he stands with one person or another. Peter's personal life has never lacked drama.

And also, "stable and hopeful" are not really what a writer wants to provide for a character in order to keep their life interesting. There always should be a fair amount of uncertainty in Peter's life.

quick question

OK , lets pretend there was a period there ( cough cough Dan Slott cough cough ) where I didn't read a whole lot of Spider-man comics

I collected them , just never actually read them

so anyways ...........

what is the bubble thing Vulture now wears on his head , ?

Vulture2.JPG
    Wherever I Go , The Wind Follows...............................And The Wind , It Smells Like Rain

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa View Post
    quick question

OK , lets pretend there was a period there ( cough cough Dan Slott cough cough ) where I didn't read a whole lot of Spider-man comics

so anyways ...........

Vulture2.JPG
    I think that’s just a change in design.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa View Post
    quick question

so anyways ...........

Vulture2.JPG
    Dan didn't use Adrian much, the helmet is from Zdarsky's Spectacular.
    Logically, he should have a helmet to protect his vulnerable head, but since he's gone years without it (which means he's cocky), my headcanon is that at some point he sat down and watched some Gatchaman because they are somewhat old and bird-themed like him, and then took a design cue from them.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

They've tried several times over the years to redesign him , and I've never cared for any of them , but I do like this new look

just didn't know if they ever explained what it does or purpose was

with Adrian Toomes being a electronics engineer , didn't know if it had some kind of HUD or infrared technology

Vulture3.JPG
    Wherever I Go , The Wind Follows...............................And The Wind , It Smells Like Rain