Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The MCU Movie Challenge 2019

Using a combination of Titan's, “Marvel Studios: The First 10 Years” ScreenRant’s, “Marvel Movie Timeline: A Complete History Of The MCU” and the films themselves as sources, I am watching one Marvel Cinematic Universe movie a day till the release of their 22nd film, “Avengers: Endgame.” Normally, I’m a release order type person but I thought I’d try something different. I will watch in the chronological order. I will also be posting a day behind so I have time to write my thoughts on each movie. Feel free to join in and watch in any order you like, even it it's well after Endgame's release.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

DAY ONE

1941-2011: Captain America: The First Avenger

Summary: It is 1941 and the world is in the throes of war. Steve Rogers wants to do his part like his best friend Bucky Barnes and join the army, but the military rejects him repeatedly due to his size. Finally, Steve gets his chance when he is accepted into an experimental program that turns him into a super soldier called Captain America. His strong heart and intelligence push him to the top of the talent pool for having the characteristics to be a good man. Joining forces with Howard Stark, Peggy Carter, and the Howling Commandos, Captain America leads the fight against the Nazi-backed Hydra organization led by the evil Red Skull. Thwarting Red Skull’s plan to use the exotic energy source, the Tesseract (later revealed to be the Space Stone, one of the six universal singularities called the Infinity Stones), to rule the world seemingly costs Captain America his life. He is later found frozen and alive in 2011, where he meets SHIELD Agent Nick Fury and joins his Avengers initiative.

Favorite Moment: When Steve uses his brain to take the flag down off the pole.

Notable Events That Happened Around The Movie: There’s a lot of ground to cover here but some important events include Hydra still sending sacrifices through the Monolith prior to allying with the Nazis, the Hand and the Chaste were still waging war over K’un Lun, the Asgardian warrior Thor was becoming a legend on Earth, and Howard Stark discovers vibranium.

Fun Film Fact: Wilson Bethel was originally cast and fitted for the Captain America costume. Before he was about to sign on for the multi-movie deal, Chris Evans finally agreed to play the part after saying no the previous 3 times. Bethel would later return to the MCU to play Bullseye in Netflix’s, “Daredevil.”
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-05-2019 at 10:04 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium