Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

They should change his name, the characters seems to fade when they brought back Original Wally West.

I think he has a lot of potential and deserves to be his own character, and not be overshadowed by OG Wally

Just call him Daniel West Jr , Danny for short or something
    Last edited by HunterX; 11-23-2019 at 06:47 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    They should change his name, the characters seems to fade when they brought back Original Wally West.

I think he has a lot of potential and deserves to be his own character, and not be overshadowed by OG Wally

Just call him Daniel West Jr , Danny for short or something
    Yeah, Danny West is a good name. Would require retconning to work since his family told him his Dad was his uncle, which would mean he wouldn't be a "junior."

again, changing his name from Wallace is entirely unnecessary. if Bart and Barry, or Jai and Jay, or Iris and Irey could/can co-exist, I truly do not understand why it irks people that there is a Wallace and Wally. if the biggest complaint is that "oh but they gave us a character what wasn't Wally and said it was Wally" then I don't understand how two different characters that now have two different variations of the same name (something that's been done before) is "too confusing" to the point we need to change his name. it's neither a logical nor a new or interesting critique that'll actually benefit the character. the only material change changing his name would've brought would be appeasing fans of a different character (Wally), and make things frustrating and confusing for fans of Wallace. Wally and Wallace is a problem and needs to changed but both Wally and Barry being the Flash is fine? no variation on the name just both The Flash? please, give me a break, (with all due respect) it's a non-issue.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-15-2019 at 11:57 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

some fan art I thought was cool
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

again, changing his name from Wallace is entirely unnecessary. if Bart and Barry, or Jai and Jay, or Iris and Irey could/can co-exist, I truly do not understand why it irks people that there is a Wallace and Wally.
    Again, we are just going to agree to disagree on that, some of us are not changing our minds on this.
    Bart and Barry dont sounds the same nor stand for the same name to me, I never pronounced Jai and Jay as same name, to me they are different names. Only Irey to me is based on the same name as Iris, and it shorted as Irey enough to be distinctive. In any case none of those examples really matters as those characters dont have the as many similarities as Wally and Wallace do. Wallace/New wally was meant to be OG Wally West in new 52 reboot, a whole different situation.

and make things frustrating and confusing for fans of Wallace.
    You dont speak for every Wallace fan, I am one and would be very fine with a name change. Whats a non situation to you, is not a non issue to everyone.

just gonna have to agree to disagree on this issue.

On another note, Yay this thread is alive, couldnt find it for a while.

Yeah, Danny West is a good name. Would require retconning to work since his family told him his Dad was his uncle, which would mean he wouldn't be a "junior."
    Thanks. They could say his family changed his birth certificate or a villain did it, Flashpoint, Dr Manhattan or whatever. Anything is possible at DC

Astonishing Member

Bart and Barry dont sounds the same nor stand for the same name to me,
    They're both Bartholomew.

I never pronounced Jai and Jay as same name, to me they are different names.
    They're pronounced the same: http://www.titanstower.com/talking-f...h-mark-waid-2/

They're both Bartholomew.
    Fine, Barry and Bart is still distinctive enough for me.

Nothing in that article said Jai and Jay are pronounced the same, here is what is mentioned in article "And it was him who came up with Jai as an authentic Korean name".
    Jai and Jay are spelled different, and one is a Korean like name. Different enough.

In any case, I dont care what other examples are being brought up, Wally/Wallace is its own unique situation.
    Last edited by HunterX; 12-16-2019 at 01:00 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

Nice! Always appreciate the alternate color layouts.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

Looks like they deliberately made him resemble Keiynan Lonsdale.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks like they deliberately made him resemble Keiynan Lonsdale.
    Not a bad direction to take, most certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Not a bad direction to take, most certainly.
    I'm not against it either .

with Teen Titans rounding up quite soon. I wonder if wallace will make it into the next iteration of the team. I hope he does - over the last couple of years he has really grown on me as a character.

I'm liking his and Avery's dynamic in the main flash book as well - hope that doesnt get dropped when theirs inevitably a new writer after issue 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    with Teen Titans rounding up quite soon. I wonder if wallace will make it into the next iteration of the team. I hope he does - over the last couple of years he has really grown on me as a character.

I'm liking his and Avery's dynamic in the main flash book as well - hope that doesnt get dropped when theirs inevitably a new writer after issue 100.
    Agreed. I hope Wallace stays on both books and receives more attention.

It would be interesting if he became the replacement Flash for 5G.

Its not the best idea but definitely not the worst thing that could happen.