Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    with Teen Titans rounding up quite soon. I wonder if wallace will make it into the next iteration of the team. I hope he does - over the last couple of years he has really grown on me as a character.

I'm liking his and Avery's dynamic in the main flash book as well - hope that doesnt get dropped when theirs inevitably a new writer after issue 100.
    Avery is a character I always liked from the beginning and was disappointed when Superman of China was cancelled. She's got a better chance of disappearing eventually than, Wallace. I think remaining Kid Flash will keep him safe and around. Being part of another incarnation on TT, I would hope the new writer would actually really use him than the current. The current run has to establish the 3 newbies, and then there's Damian in the mix, so it doesn't leave much for him to do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Fine, Barry and Bart is still distinctive enough for me.

Nothing in that article said Jai and Jay are pronounced the same, here is what is mentioned in article "And it was him who came up with Jai as an authentic Korean name".
    Jai and Jay are spelled different, and one is a Korean like name. Different enough.

In any case, I dont care what other examples are being brought up, Wally/Wallace is its own unique situation.
    That particular instance isn't comparable anyway because one's name is West and the other's name is Garrick.

I popped up to say that, but to give you the perspective of someone on the outside looking in, the character is WAY confusing to me. He was introduced to be Wally West, but DC changed their mind and brought back the real Wally West, but kept the new Wally West around, but they started calling him Wallace instead. Annnd...his family told him his dad is his uncle? Huh!?

He's somewhere approaching Donna Troy levels of confusing. Perhaps even more in certain ways, because he's Wally West, but...he isn't...apparently, and he's existing in more or less the same space as the red headed Wally West.
    It's very weird, to say the least.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 12-17-2019 at 06:03 PM.

Wallace's origin is messy and could use a clean-up/streamlining so if he gets adapted....that would be a good place to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Wallace's origin is messy and could use a clean-up/streamlining so if he gets adapted....that would be a good place to do it.
    The streamlined version is that he IS Wally West. Older Wally exists because of fan demand and will never be adapted to outside media anymore.

Which is probably why some fans ask for a new name, so they wouldn't use him as an "alternate" to Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    The streamlined version is that he IS Wally West. Older Wally exists because of fan demand and will never be adapted to outside media anymore.

Which is probably why some fans ask for a new name, so they wouldn't use him as an "alternate" to Wally.
    I think the streamlined version is that he's just another kid of the West family who just happened to also be named "Wally."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the streamlined version is that he's just another kid of the West family who just happened to also be named "Wally."
    This is probably straying into a place that is too negative for a thread about appreciating Wallace.