Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Maybe the song WAS used in an early cut, but then they had to remove it.

This would be a good "Movie Legends Revealed" for Brian Cronin to look into.
    We're you thinking the same thing during that scene? Like they way he kept saying that phrase I was sure the song was coming untill I actually thought about and was like year nevermind that's a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    We're you thinking the same thing during that scene? Like they way he kept saying that phrase I was sure the song was coming untill I actually thought about and was like year nevermind that's a bad idea.
    Yes, I was pretty much thinking that the way they kept repeating that phrase, it was a cue for the song to start playing.

I thought it would be weird and inappropriate if it did, but I was waiting to see if they would go for it.

I'm glad they didn't because it would have hurt the movie. I'm sure many in the audience mentally put the song in there themselves, so some of the general effect was achieved.

Retired

The only song I thought of that wasn't in the movie, was "Say My Name," by Destiny's Child. But it probably would have been too ridiculous to include that.

The song that surprised me and made me giddy with joy was "Don't Stop Me Now," by Queen. Probably a bit overused by now and obvious, but I didn't care. I was practically out of my seat when that played over the whole powers montage.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I really loved what Ant Man and the Wasp did with the credits. They had scale models of various scenes in the movie, in claymation style, that the camera was revolving around. It was really amazing work, and I've sat through those credits each time I saw the movie, just for the animation stuff.
    That was a great credits sequence! The individuals who put the extra effort into little touches like that just don't get enough credit.

given the sheer number of supporting heroes in the mix, I wonder how a sequel is going to be handled. Would the foster siblings be a full part of the adventure from the get-go-- including screen time for their hero bodies-- or would the story mainly be on Billy and the rest (including Freddy) somehow depowered or otherwise marginalized until "needed" in the climax of the third act?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    would the story mainly be on Billy and the rest (including Freddy) somehow depowered or otherwise marginalized until "needed" in the climax of the third act?
    God, I hope not. That's the most annoying thing in superhero sequels.

I would, however, love to see how the others try to maintain their secret IDs, especially Darla.

Billy: Is she even good at keeping secrets?

Darla: Mmmoderate ^_^

Freddie: NO.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The only song I thought of that wasn't in the movie, was "Say My Name," by Destiny's Child. But it probably would have been too ridiculous to include that.

The song that surprised me and made me giddy with joy was "Don't Stop Me Now," by Queen. Probably a bit overused by now and obvious, but I didn't care. I was practically out of my seat when that played over the whole powers montage.
    My favorite song from the soundtrack was "I Don't Want To Grow Up" by the Ramones, played over the first, cartoonish set of closing credits. That song wasn't from the Ramones' late 1970s - 1980s heyday, but from their 1995 swan song album ADIOS AMIGOS. Ironically, the song, which was written and first recorded by Tom Waits in 1992, became the Ramones' only Top 30 hit...just before the band rode off into the sunset.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    My favorite song from the soundtrack was "I Don't Want To Grow Up" by the Ramones, played over the first, cartoonish set of closing credits. That song wasn't from the Ramones' late 1970s - 1980s heyday, but from their 1995 swan song album ADIOS AMIGOS. Ironically, the song, which was written and first recorded by Tom Waits in 1992, became the Ramones' only Top 30 hit...just before the band rode off into the sunset.

i couldn't help but notice the closing credits were similar to Homecoming, including a Ramones song and cartoon-drawing images. Curious. Coincidence?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Speculation: if Henry Cavill HAD appeared as Superman in SHAZAM!, for about the amount of time as the body double did in the actual movie and no lines of dialogue, how much would WB have needed to pay him for that cameo? Did the lack of Cavill ultimately come down to an amount that WB wasn't willing to pay for such a brief appearance?

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Alot of theaters also do 5dollar Tuesdays
    Yes, Tuesday is always the best weekday. Captain Marvel went up 33% on its first Tuesday and Dumbo went up 63% vs. its first Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Speculation: if Henry Cavill HAD appeared as Superman in SHAZAM!, for about the amount of time as the body double did in the actual movie and no lines of dialogue, how much would WB have needed to pay him for that cameo? Did the lack of Cavill ultimately come down to an amount that WB wasn't willing to pay for such a brief appearance?

Canvill wanted to do it but there were scheduling issues. So I'm sure he wasnt gonna ask for a ridiculous amount of money. That man genuinely wants to be Superman and I hope one day he gets another stab at the character with a director that's not Snyder.

So all the dumb names they throw out there in the movie I didnt hear the Big Red Cheese once. Did I miss it? Cause that seems like the perfect name for that gag and a wink to fans. I know there was a cream cheese jokes but didnt hear big red cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Yes, Tuesday is always the best weekday. Captain Marvel went up 33% on its first Tuesday and Dumbo went up 63% vs. its first Monday.
    I recently moved to a smaller town and yea Tuesdays nights are the busiest nights. Except when like Aquaman came out, Captain Marvel etc... those kinda huge movie pull a crowd opening weekend BUT Shazam and movie in that brackets and bellow get bigger crowds on Tuesday cause people wanna save money.

Retired

If he was going to be called the "Big Red Cheese" then it ought to have been Sivana who uttered those famous words--as I believe it was his character that originated the term in the comics. But maybe they didn't want the movie Sivana to be too comical--although, I'm sure Mark Strong could have made it work as a sardonic put-down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    If he was going to be called the "Big Red Cheese" then it ought to have been Sivana who uttered those famous words--as I believe it was his character that originated the term in the comics. But maybe they didn't want the movie Sivana to be too comical--although, I'm sure Mark Strong could have made it work as a sardonic put-down.
    I'm just saying they were making up goofy names and he has one from the comics that woulda been funny in that running gag and they didnt use it. But no Sivanna would have been out of character saying that, the news or Freddie would have had to.

I will say I didnt love the movie but I really liked it but I loved the Freddie reveal. The entire movie I'm thinking this kid reminds me of someone. Couldnt put my finger on it and then he turns into Adam Brody and I lost my ****. Because that's who I was thinking of... perfect casting

Little weird Eugene Turned into a very young actor and everyone much older. Like I love Mehgan Good but shes got to be 40 I had a crush on here in elementary school when she was in cousin skeeter I think it was. But I guess the perfect version of yourself age is gonna vary person to person
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 04-09-2019 at 12:53 PM.

Haven't read this thread yet, saw the movie back on Saturday, enjoyed it. I don't think it was great, but it was good and pretty fun and funny. Despite being a lot cheaper than a lot of the other DC movies I didn't notice that in the special effects, everything looked pretty great. I'm guessing the talking caterpillar in the end is from the comics?

Also the Darla character was adorable.