Saw it last night. A great, fun little movie and probably neck and neck with Wonder Woman for being the best DCEU film, with Aquaman third and MOS fourth (the rest trail behind). The kids were great (particularly Billy, Freddy and Darla) as were Levi and Strong, and the Sins were surprisingly effectively scary in several scenes.

As far as Billy's parents are concerned: I'm a recent Shazam convert, so I'm not as attached to the classic depictions of his parents as some. This is perhaps not the route I would have gone, but I feel it was very well done for what it was. I felt some sympathy for Billy's mom, she was a kid herself in way over her head who unintentionally hurt her child in her belief she was doing what was best for him. In light of her current life seemingly not being much better, he is probably better off in the long run. The scene felt very honest.

Some minor complaints:
- Where the f*** was Mary in that last fight scene? She barely did anything. Sequel needs to make up for tht.
- Dr. Sivana's lack of super science and being obsessed with the mystical. I somewhat still think the film would have been better just going straight for Black Adam and saving a more comics accurate Sivana for later. Maybe in his team up with Mr. Mind, he will bring in some of the mad scientist aspects?
- That Superman cameo was great, but it bummed me out it wasn't Cavill

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyprincess View Post
Just been going over the movie in my mind......

Am I right in thinking, in an incredibly subtle way, DC might of (or might not have.) Beat marvel to having the first gay movie superhero?????
Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
I take it you mean when they walked out of the strip club and one of the characters said it wasn't his thing? I mean maybe.
I think his statement was more in response to one of the kids (Freddy?) saying the club had 'great music" and that that wasn't his thing.
It could still be what you guys are thinking though.