Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

How accurate is IMDB? Cause it lists actors for Sivana's mother and twin sisters. If this is accurate, I'm guessing a lot was filmed but deleted involved Sivana's backstory.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I've been saying this for the longest time, but apparently the honchos at DC are stuck on the idea that he should be called Shazam. Maybe that's what DiDio and Johns called him in their respective childhoods.

Well as that may be they will have to come up with something he can actually say in the movies, might as well be Captain Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Since apparently they cannot use Captain Marvel they should use the knock Off name DC created in the 1970s Captain Thunder.
    Some other company owns the Captain Thunder name, I think.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Well as that may be they will have to come up with something he can actually say in the movies, might as well be Captain Thunder.
    Yeah, I agree that Billy should be Captain Thunder.

However, now that there's 6 Shazam-powered kids, I think they should each be given his or her own name rather than each having a Thunder-variant name.

The fact that they didn't actually call Zach "Shazam" in the movie except for the "say my name" bit and the end-credits gives me hope that maybe Sandberg didn't want to attach the Shazam name too solidly to Billy so that he, Warners, and DC had time to agree on a better name for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Some other company owns the Captain Thunder name, I think.
    Well, Roy Thomas has the "Captain Thunder and Blue Bolt" comic, but hasn't published it in years.

Also, I would hold out hope that, given what a fan he is of Captain Marvel, if DC asked (and paid), he would let them use the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    My understanding was they could never use the Captain Marvel name on the cover of comics, but within the comics they could call him Captain Marvel however many times they felt like it. The MOVIES however is a different beast altogether, and I'm guessing Marvel put the cabosh on using the name on both marketing AND within the movie. *shrugs*

Captain Thunder, though, I guess that would be a decent compromise.
    From what I understand yea, they can call Billy Captain Marvel but they cant use the name for a title or to sell anything. So they decided to abandon the name all together. Plus with A much bigger movie with a hero with the same name coming out a month prior I dont think it would have been a good look to call him captain. Marvel even if they could.

Retired

What about Captain? I think another good reason for not using Captain Marvel--even if DC could--is because it advertises the other guy's property. But Captain Billy is the Fawcett name. Fawcett started with CAPTAIN BILLY'S WHIZ BANG--a magazine published by Wilford Fawcett, aka Captain Billy. When they published WHIZ COMICS, they were paying tribute to their origins.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Re: that Superman "cameo" at the end.

What do you think happened between the defeat of Dr. Sivana and the school cafeteria lunch? Did Billy/Shazam fly over to Metropolis to meet Superman? Did Clark/Superman, having learned of Shazam's existence, go down to Philadelphia to meet the newcomer? What do you imagine that first encounter was like? Who sought out whom?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Re: that Superman "cameo" at the end.

What do you think happened between the defeat of Dr. Sivana and the school cafeteria lunch? Did Billy/Shazam fly over to Metropolis to meet Superman? Did Clark/Superman, having learned of Shazam's existence, go down to Philadelphia to meet the newcomer? What do you imagine that first encounter was like? Who sought out whom?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)

I actually have some inside info about this.

DC Films is planning a sequel that takes place in that time period you specified -- after Sivana's defeat, but before the cafeteria scene.

It will be called Shazam v Superman: For Crying Out Loud and will have Billy and Superman have a pillow fight in Billy's room at the Vasquez house. Just as Shazam is about to clobber Superman with a goose feather down, Supes says "Save Martha!" Billy says, "'Martha'?! I have a foster sister named 'Mary'! OMG! We should totally be buds!!!"

Then, they meet for lunch in the cafeteria. Roll credits.

$166 million opening weekend.
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 04-06-2019 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    What about Captain? I think another good reason for not using Captain Marvel--even if DC could--is because it advertises the other guy's property. But Captain Billy is the Fawcett name. Fawcett started with CAPTAIN BILLY'S WHIZ BANG--a magazine published by Wilford Fawcett, aka Captain Billy. When they published WHIZ COMICS, they were paying tribute to their origins.
    Well Captain Billy sounds like a bad idea for a public name and when it comes to calling a hero Captain or Cap by itself someones already got that market cornered.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Well Captain Billy sounds like a bad idea for a public name and when it comes to calling a hero Captain or Cap by itself someones already got that market cornered.
    Captain Billy sounds like an incredibly bad 80's movie, where either kurt Russell or Tom seleck play an irritable Fisher man with a heart of gold. Who has to take on his dead sisters children. But ends up with the kids and repairs the relationship he has with his girlfriend, played by Kim catrell.....

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I actually have some inside info about this.

DC Films is planning a sequel that takes place in that time period you specified -- after Sivana's defeat, but before the cafeteria scene.

It will be called Shazam v Superman: For Crying Out Loud and will have Billy and Superman have a pillow fight in Billy's room at the Vasquez house. Just as Shazam is about to clobber Superman with a goose feather down, Supes says "Save Martha!" Billy says, "'Martha'?! I have a foster sister named 'Mary'! OMG! We should totally be buds!!!"

Then, they meet for lunch in the cafeteria. Roll credits.

$166 million opening weekend.
    This is the hero versus hero movie we deserve but never got.

Took my little sister and mother to see the move last night and long story short we all enjoyed it. There were some darker and sadder moments sprinkled in between the humor but I feel like they served the story pretty well. Speaking of sadder moments my mother absolutely hated Billy's mom by the end of the movie. Also I'm not well versed in all things Shazam/Captain Marvel but was the wizards story about the first champion referencing Black Adam?
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Also I'm not well versed in all things Shazam/Captain Marvel but was the wizards story about the first champion referencing Black Adam?
    Yes.

Fun fact: Adam's powers are tied to other mythic figures (Egyptian gods) that spell out the name Shazam. Since they can't be untied from him, different mythic figures were chosen to spell out the name Shazam (the names we heard by the wizard in this movie).

Adam's gods are:
    Shu
    Heru
    Amon
    Zehuti
    Aton
    Mehen

EDIT: I noticed Dwayne Johnson was one of the producers of this movie. Hmmm...
    Last edited by Nate Grey; 04-06-2019 at 07:00 AM. Reason: The Rock!

Retired

SUPERMAN/SHAZAM: THE RETURN OF BLACK ADAM (2010) shows how Billy and Superman met and gives background on Teth Adam.

The bad mother really spoiled my mood--as I said before--but I've decided that there was something going on inside that apartment and she was lying to Billy to save him from the malevolent force from within. Also his father was framed for a crime he didn't commit. In my movie, Billy defeats this evil and is reunited with his parents.

I think the bad mother angle was to divert from the dead mother cliché. Plus to emphasize family isn't just who you're related to by blood.