Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It seems like a waste of all that acting talent that the Shazamily only get a few scenes at the end of the movie. For the sake of surprise, I realize they couldn't get more of a spotlight. Hopefully they filmed extra scenes for the DVD.

Zack Snyder might be right about not bothering with end credit scenes. Nobody watches them. For all the DC movies that had them--JUSTICE LEAGUE, AQUAMAN and SHAZAM! the bulk of the audience left before the movie ever got around to them, at the showings where I was at. Yesterday, I and three other people were the only ones left in the theatre to see the talking to fish.
    Yea I have the opposite experience. People were waiting through the credits when I saw Dumbo. Shazam I'd say 80% of the crowd stayed for the first stinger and I had to pee and didnt really care since I knew the next wasnt gonna have Black Adam. Now Marvel movies I'll watch opening week and not a single person will movie. Marvel has people trained and people think unrelated stuff might have a stinger.

Retired

I think the answer is to have something else running on the screen with the credits. They could have shown Mary, Darla, Pedro, Eugene and Freddy each trying out their powers while the credits rolled--for example--that's something I would want to see.

The first time I dashed to the bathroom--between end credit scenes, but I made the mistake of putting my 3D glasses in the recycling as I dashed, so the final scene was out of focus for me--and I stayed sat all the way to the end the second time I saw it.

I really loved what Ant Man and the Wasp did with the credits. They had scale models of various scenes in the movie, in claymation style, that the camera was revolving around. It was really amazing work, and I've sat through those credits each time I saw the movie, just for the animation stuff.

Another good one was Never Been Kissed, which showed yearbook photos of the entire cast and crew as the credits were rolling.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

We now have ACTUAL box office numbers for Shazam's domestic opening weekend.

As you know, it was forecasted to open around $48 million or below. As the opening weekend approached, the estimates kept inching up, and at the end of the weekend, the estimate was $53,450,000.

The actuals are a bit better. Shazam grossed $53,505,326 in the Thursday night to Sunday night frame. With the Fandango previews added in, Shazam has now grossed $56,830,326 domestically.

Foreign Grosses are at $102,300,000, which makes for a worldwide 1st weekend total of $159,130,326. A bit better than the hoped for / predicted $150 million WW open.

I'm interested to see how the movie does on Tuesday night. People went back to work today and those who saw it likely talked about it with their co-workers today who will then make plans to see it Tuesday (during the week Tuesday is often a strong day because of the word-of-mouth factor). If Shazam has a strong Tuesday, it will bode well for the coming 2nd weekend.
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 04-08-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Retired

Best end credits? "It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll"--SCHOOL OF ROCK.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Small continuity error: when the Bryer Brothers' truck disappears, Shazam ostensibly carried the truck into the sky and dropped it back on to the street. Problem: at that point of the movie, Billy/Shazam had not yet learned the skill of flying.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Small continuity error: when the Bryer Brothers' truck disappears, Shazam ostensibly carried the truck into the sky and dropped it back on to the street. Problem: at that point of the movie, Billy/Shazam had not yet learned the skill of flying.
    He could've just tossed it really high into the sky.

Okay yeah, it threw me out of the moment as well.

Did anyone else feel like there was a disconnect between Zacharay Levi's portrayal of Shazam and Asher Angel's Billy Batson. It didn't feel like they were playing the same person. Levi's Shazam was goofy, eager, and a lot more childlike than Angel's more morose and jaded teen Billy. It almost seemed like Levi was playing an adult version of Freddy instead of Billy.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    He could've just tossed it really high into the sky.
    Not that high; the brothers were able to hear the beeping response from the key pretty clearly (those two knuckleheads didn't even have the presence of mind to look up).

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Did anyone else feel like there was a disconnect between Zacharay Levi's portrayal of Shazam and Asher Angel's Billy Batson. It didn't feel like they were playing the same person. Levi's Shazam was goofy, eager, and a lot more childlike than Angel's more morose and jaded teen Billy. It almost seemed like Levi was playing an adult version of Freddy instead of Billy.
    I think that was one of the subtler points of the identity switch. As Shazam, Billy freely expresses that natural exuberance that he suppresses in his adolescent form. He doesn't feel vulnerable as Shazam the way he does when he's Billy.

Moreover, over the years, it's sometimes suggested that Captan Marvel/Shazam is a slightly different persona than adolescent Billy Batson. Golden Age and Pre-COIE writers accentuated the differences more than modern writers, however.

This Shazam fan LOVED IT! No complaints and as I hoped it moved to my number 1 spot in DC films.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    We now have ACTUAL box office numbers for Shazam's domestic opening weekend.

As you know, it was forecasted to open around $48 million or below. As the opening weekend approached, the estimates kept inching up, and at the end of the weekend, the estimate was $53,450,000.

The actuals are a bit better. Shazam grossed $53,505,326 in the Thursday night to Sunday night frame. With the Fandango previews added in, Shazam has now grossed $56,830,326 domestically.

Foreign Grosses are at $102,300,000, which makes for a worldwide 1st weekend total of $159,130,326. A bit better than the hoped for / predicted $150 million WW open.

I'm interested to see how the movie does on Tuesday night. People went back to work today and those who saw it likely talked about it with their co-workers today who will then make plans to see it Tuesday (during the week Tuesday is often a strong day because of the word-of-mouth factor). If Shazam has a strong Tuesday, it will bode well for the coming 2nd weekend.
    Alot of theaters also do 5dollar Tuesdays

Re: the truck scene with the Bryer Brothers again. Callback to MAN OF STEEL? It seems like both Clark and Billy like to teach bullies lessons by wrecking their trucks.

If he want exposed as a Perv how much money you think R Kelly woulda made off this movie. They so clearly wanted to use I believe I can fly but it woulda been in bad taste...

Nevermind R Kelly's illiterate ass dont own any of his publishing so he wouldnt make anything. But during the I believe I can fly scene I was expecting that song to come on till i thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    If he want exposed as a Perv how much money you think R Kelly woulda made off this movie. They so clearly wanted to use I believe I can fly but it woulda been in bad taste...

Nevermind R Kelly's illiterate ass dont own any of his publishing so he wouldnt make anything. But during the I believe I can fly scene I was expecting that song to come on till i thought about it.
    Maybe the song WAS used in an early cut, but then they had to remove it.

This would be a good "Movie Legends Revealed" for Brian Cronin to look into.