Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

THANKS for the preview...
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-06-2019 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    THANKS for the preview...
    No problem.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

What a difference an artist can make. This honestly doesn't feel like a Tom King comic .

I love how Superman is too wholesome to have his robots make alcohol.

So I wonder if the rest of the Sirens are going to pop up on the cover or if the bachelorette party is just Selina and Lois. And I guess we're just writing out the other bachelor and bachelorette parties from the wedding preludes...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What a difference an artist can make. This honestly doesn't feel like a Tom King comic .

I love how Superman is too wholesome to have his robots make alcohol.

So I wonder if the rest of the Sirens are going to pop up on the cover or if the bachelorette party is just Selina and Lois. And I guess we're just writing out the other bachelor and bachelorette parties from the wedding preludes...
    I haven't read the preludes, but if this issue takes place in the (k)nightmare world Bruce is trapped in, all this would happen in that oniric world, "out" of continuity
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

It's so weird that Selina and Lois are apparently going to be the only people there. But that would point to a dream thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I haven't read the preludes, but if this issue takes place in the (k)nightmare world Bruce is trapped in, all this would happen in that oniric world, "out" of continuity
    When King was tweeting about it earlier he called it a "memory", so I'm assuming this may mean this is what actually happened, and Batman's experiencing it in the Knightmare for whatever reason. Just have to see how it turns out.

The whole Knightmares thing is already kind of weird since we've had ones that would "make sense", like fighting Pyg/Damien, experiencing a married life that could've been, chasing a road runner, but then also ones in which he's a non-existant observer, like for the fake Bruce Wayne kid, the Question and Selina interrogation, and now Selina & Lois' party.

It is still pretty funny we're going from Lee Weeks hard and dark art to Amanda Conner's goofy and colourful style, but her work is always great and this looks to be so nice.

Jesus this book is an embarrassment. Hey bruce Selina's got a nice hot black stud maybe you should move on.

Incredible Member

Yeah, this book needs is terrible. King has a 105 issue story that could have probably been condensed into a 12 issue series. This arc and this entire run has just gone on way too long and is a waste of money and time.

Always Rakzo

Amanda Conner's work was pretty much the only thing worth checking out in this issue. She really knows how to handle a girls night out scenario.

Aside from that, pretty dull and barely anything progressed. I understand that Bruce most likely would want some sort of boring Bachelor party but did it need to be so damn BORING?

Conner's art was good of course, the rest was fine. The writing is really the problem here.

That issue was an absolute delight! A nice little follow-up of sorts to the wonderful Double Date issue, which is the one that got me hooked on King's Batman to begin with.

I think I'm going to have to re-subscribe on Comixology; I can't wait for the trade (especially with the way DC drag the chain on releasing them) to find out where things go from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Yeah, this book needs is terrible. King has a 105 issue story that could have probably been condensed into a 12 issue series. This arc and this entire run has just gone on way too long and is a waste of money and time.
    You should probably stop wasting your money and time on it, then. There are many other comics on the shelves. Maybe you'll enjoy some of them, instead?

Incredible Member

I read others that I enjoy. Lots of people are tired of his bullshit though. I love Batman, so seeing someone who has no idea how to write the character destroy the him for over 100 issues, is something I’m going to comment on. That’s how message boards work. People talk about them either positively or negatively. For Kings run, I’m definitely negative because it’s a travesty that he’s been allowed to pollute the character for as long as they have.

The last page with Batman strapped to the nightmare torture machine was impressive, coming right at the end of such a lighthearted issue... Would have been more impressive if knightmares didn't drag on this long and we didn't already know this was someone messing with Bruce's mind...

King has a tendency to lose me on execution. He will have a fine idea or two, but overall can't deliver on them. Part of it is me not liking his humor style I guess. It never feels natural but very much forced and awkward. Almost as if he is going "hey, look at me, I am being funny!". Maybe it is because it often feels like he disregards the characters completely and just "makes" them say the lines they should because he thinks those lines/actions are funny even if it doesn't necessarily fit the character. I don't know...

Bruce being so over-the-top boring where his idea of having a bachelor party is showing Clark old portrait's of his ancestors, is a case in point I think... Bruce may not be the most fun person to hang out with, but he isn't so clueless...

And stuff like Bruce coming over with Superman to the Fortress of Solitude because he thinks Superman may drop Catwoman on the long way home and Catwoman is more important than galaxies etc.... I know King thinks he is being cute and funny but such lines feel like lines out of bad fanfiction. As does the "I made a friend" line. I don't care how drunk Selina is, she is not 5.

Bruce hates being Batman but loves he has to be Batman? huh? So he loves that there is constant murder and mayhem in Gotham and he is needed and has something to do? Yeah, I'll pass on that idea. I never thought if Bruce didn't get to be Batman his life would be empty and he wouldn't know what to do with it... But then I don't consider Bruce a barely-functioning mess of a human being. I hate that portrayal just as much as the Bat-god thing.

Also, I think this was ALL a figment of Bruce's mind, right? Because wasn't the bachelor party the one where Bruce, Clark and Dick were out at Bat-burger etc when Hush attacked? and wasn't Catwoman's bachelorette party with a bunch of her friends (and no Lois) which Jason was watching over on Bruce's orders? Kind of funny if THIS is how Bruce's subconcious sees the Fortress of Solitude: a fun pary house!

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    I read others that I enjoy. Lots of people are tired of his bullshit though. I love Batman, so seeing someone who has no idea how to write the character destroy the him for over 100 issues, is something I’m going to comment on. That’s how message boards work. People talk about them either positively or negatively. For Kings run, I’m definitely negative because it’s a travesty that he’s been allowed to pollute the character for as long as they have.
    But just like Spike said, read something else then. Move on. Obviously, other people like it, myself included. If you don’t like it, then don’t read it. And then you wouldn’t have to comment about it
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions