Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    I enjoy commenting on it. If you don’t like it then feel free to skip over my comments.
    "Hating Things Is Fun - A Guide To Being A Real Fan™"

Quote Originally Posted by TravelerInTheDark View Post
    If this book doesn't get back on track soon, it'll go from being a weakness of the writer to an actual problem.
    Careful. You’re gonna get Kings sycophantic fans attacking you for daring to not be easily entertained by his nonsense. They don’t like when you disparage their hero.
    It really sounds like Tom King isn't the writer for you guys. that's cool. May I suggest literally any other comic currently on the shelves?

Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    It really sounds like Tom King isn't the writer for you guys. that's cool. May I suggest literally any other comic currently on the shelves?
    How about you take your condescending tone elsewhere? I like Batman, I read Batman because I like to keep up with the character always. It's a hobby I've had for well over a decade now. Great writers, mediocre writers, and crap writers.

So keep your sweet nothings. I think I'm fine making my own decisions on what to read and discuss.

EDIT: And if you don't like what you're reading and can't actually level with people who dare to criticize King, just stop reading lol.
    Last edited by TravelerInTheDark; 04-11-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Boy, you sure got me there with that witty retort!

Incredible Member

You’re definitely being a condescending dick.

I cannot fathom the idea of enjoying giving money away to a company for a product I don't enjoy, just for the sake of having bought it.

Comics are too expensive to hate read or to pity read. Nightwing is my favorite character but I'm not buying his crappy book. I dislike Snyder and the idea of the Batman Who Laughs, but I'm not hate-reading it.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member

[QUOTE=Spike-X;4301826]That must be why it's consistently the best-selling title in (superhero) comics.

Wow, you mean, probably the most popular superhero in pop culture history is the best selling title in comics? Shocking. I’m sure that has nothing to do with those sales. Which are lower than they’ve been in over a decade, but whatever. Sure King must be killing it. The destruction is turning a complex character into a one dimensional, sad sack shadow of almost every other dipection of said character. If you don’t see that, then that’s good for you I guess. I, and many others, don’t enjoy it.

Incredible Member

You realize you can read comics without spending your money on them, right? You can read a friends, or maybe you get advanced copies, or any number of other ways.

You realize you can read comics without spending your money on them, right? You can read a friends, or maybe you get advanced copies, or any number of other ways.
    Lol, I think I’m going to take your own advice, and skip over your comments moving forward. Your obviously being a troll.

Thank you Mr. King for another excellent issue! He is such a stud!
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Amazing Member

Sycophantic Tom King fan reporting in. I didn't really like this issue. Superman's clones stripping for Catwoman while her fiance is having a boring soup dinner with the actual Superman was really cringe.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    Lol, I think I’m going to take your own advice, and skip over your comments moving forward. Your obviously being a troll.

Thank you Mr. King for another excellent issue! He is such a stud!
    Congrats? Not sure what about the statement you quoted could be construed as trolling but that’s cool.

Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Boy, you sure got me there with that witty retort!
    Sarcasm is a high form of wit...

Your type of responses are highly conducive to a very low quality of discussion. Next time please address the subject matter at hand instead of making childish projections and empty-notioned dismissals.

That goes for other people in this thread, too. If criticising King bothers you so much, there is an entire thread dedicated to making sure you never have to suffer reading such atrocities. It's absurd that some of you seem hellbent on warping a vocalization of discontent with the current "regime" into some kind of misappropriation of time or funds or what have you, or as if I have only myself to blame. Just stop.
    Last edited by TravelerInTheDark; 04-11-2019 at 07:34 PM.

This thread represents the bad things about comic reviews where if you criticize your told to leave and those that love the series all want to be unchallenged. Sales are complex and Batman is the most published character, people hate Scott Snyder’s writing or Grant Morrison so for Tom King to receive nothing but praise is not realistic but fans can take it overboard. I stopped buying the Batman & Nightwing series a couple of months ago but still keep up with the stories. King has been given power over some of DC biggest characters and to me he seems better fit with big but not classical characters because he bends the characters to the story

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    This thread represents the bad things about comic reviews where if you criticize your told to leave and those that love the series all want to be unchallenged. Sales are complex and Batman is the most published character, people hate Scott Snyder’s writing or Grant Morrison so for Tom King to receive nothing but praise is not realistic but fans can take it overboard. I stopped buying the Batman & Nightwing series a couple of months ago but still keep up with the stories. King has been given power over some of DC biggest characters and to me he seems better fit with big but not classical characters because he bends the characters to the story
    I don't really see it like that, I'm a big Tom King fan, but I don't defend everything he's done (some issues of this run I haven't love and not liking Heroes In Crisis), and there are things I completely understand people not liking about his stuff, namely the slowness/decompression.

Though maybe this is just from my perspective, but I never really saw him, at least in his Batman, as someone to bend the characters to fit his story. I've always found the portrayal of Batman to be of two sides, the "Batgod" where he has a contingency plan for everything and is the best at everything, or when he's presented as an extremely flawed and broken (sometimes to a fault) person, and King has decided to focus on the latter. Which personally I don't mind, just because I've seen alot of complaints regarding the overuse of the "Batgod" persona, so seeing him in his flawed and broken state in his story doesn't feel out of character, but rather just exploring that side of him in a very in-depth manner.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TravelerInTheDark View Post
    Sarcasm is a high form of wit...

Your type of responses are highly conducive to a very low quality of discussion. Next time please address the subject matter at hand instead of making childish projections and empty-notioned dismissals.

That goes for other people in this thread, too. If criticising King bothers you so much, there is an entire thread dedicated to making sure you never have to suffer reading such atrocities. It's absurd that some of you seem hellbent on warping a vocalization of discontent with the current "regime" into some kind of misappropriation of time or funds or what have you, or as if I have only myself to blame. Just stop.
    Well said, and good on you for saying it.