Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default Question about a 2005 Lucasfilm ltd master replica lightsaber

So I acquired a 2005 Lucasfilm ltd master replica Mace Windu lightsaber, which is really cool. However, it doesn't light up purple. It lights up green instead.

Does anyone know if this was a factory mistake or someone modified it?

I'm stumped.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

They're definitely supposed to be purple, either you got a factory goof or if you bought it second hand open box then perhaps the previous owner switched the light which wouldn't be unheard of as the purple light was one of the dimmest out there.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    They're definitely supposed to be purple, either you got a factory goof or if you bought it second hand open box then perhaps the previous owner switched the light which wouldn't be unheard of as the purple light was one of the dimmest out there.
    How would you switch the lights? Is it hard to do? And does it affect the value?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'd imagine it would kill the value if it were a post-factory modification, but if it's a factory goof that sometimes raises the value with certain collectors...but for most the whole point of owning one is that it's a replica so because it isn't perfect I'd imagine that for most it wouldn't have a lot of value either.