Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Slott's idea about Hobgoblin as the new Justin Hammer(supplier of supervillains and getting a cut)was a great idea and a nice way to keep Hobgoblin active,but i'm afraid that Marvel is gonna waste that idea.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

You can add me as pleased with the role Slott gave him, though I don't think it has been exploited yet to its full potential. I would be interested in a major arc with Hobgoblin in Amazing Spider-Man, or even a satellite with Peter as the main protagonist, as long as it's well written (this goes without saying). Meanwhile, I'm fine with Kingsley current role, so I don't consider it "wasted potential", just underused potential but with opportunities to make a great story in the near future
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Roger Stern has always said that Kingsley was completely sane.
    I thought in his very first real appearance it flat out says he stays in the goblin formula too long and goes insane?

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I think having him for the moment being a middle-level puppet master works well for him. He can orchestrate big things while somewhat flying under the radar.

Also, in terms of overexposure, remember that between At Goblins Gate and Big Time, a sizeable period for comics, there was hardly a single Hobgoblin story outside of the alternate universe versions.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    The Hobgoblin was a fun mystery for a long time. That his reveal was so badly bungled was one of the most crushing disappointments I've ever had as a comic reader.

Still, I think the character still has potential and I know there's a lot of fans like me who keep hoping that some writer will find a way to give him the comeback he deserves.
    I agree. Stern's take on the character was edgy and exciting. He was even scarier than Green Goblin. Then the Ned Leeds reveal plus the Macendale period really damaged its name.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Slott's idea about Hobgoblin as the new Justin Hammer(supplier of supervillains and getting a cut)was a great idea and a nice way to keep Hobgoblin active,but i'm afraid that Marvel is gonna waste that idea.
    So the crime-franchise-boss take on Hobgoblin appeared post-Axis and Kingsley gained even more potential for fun and cool stories. I love that approach to the character and wish they used it more on ASM.