Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    With Quicksilver, it might just be the power he has. Super-speed is just such a classic, old-school, mainstream superhero power. It feels like it belongs on Marvel's most mainstream super-team.

When he told The Team he had been an avenger longer than any of them with Jan in the room it was too much.

When Tony and Carol were picking a version of the mighty Avengers they had good ideas of including raw power, stealth and skill. A solid addendum to that is you need some speed and some fliers.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Triathlon.
    LOL! Good one.

(Though Triathlon was not that bad an Avenger. There were much worse.)
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

The most important are the 7 who got .most of their characterization in the Avengers books. Hank Pym, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Vision and Wonder Man.

Next is the big three, who were never really seen as that important in my mind before the movies. Captain America, Iron Man and Thor.

Then there are others who are less important, but still have a place on the team even though most of their characterization has occurred in other books. She-Hulk, Spectrum, Black Knight, Black Panther, Black Widow, Captain Marvel (Carol) Hercules.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    The most important are the 7 who got .most of their characterization in the Avengers books. Hank Pym, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Vision and Wonder Man.
    That's only six...

Could you not argue another team for Captain America? There has to be a team in which he was an actual founding member.
    Maybe the Howling Commandos?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Could you not argue another team for Captain America? There has to be a team in which he was an actual founding member.
    Maybe the Howling Commandos?
    The Invaders? Cap sure is the most Invadery Invader.

Peace

The Invaders or the All Winners Squad?

BANNED

I'm going to say Hawkeye, Wasp, Hank Pym, Scarlet Witch and Vision. They don't really belong anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    That's only six...

hank is bi polar so that gets you to 7

What do you consider "Avengery"?

I've always considered the team just a current mix of popular heavy hitters. The only thing I ever scoffed at was when certain "street level" heroes were on the team. Basically I always thought you get one "freebie" with the leader role (he doesn't have to be a heavy hitter cause hes the brains/heart/whatever), and the rest were just mixes of Over the top power. Maybe one more freebie who's really there to drive the current plot.

Probably just my ignorance of that comic line, but I would normally have never considered Hawkeye/blackwidow avenger material before the movies. *shrug*

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    hank is bi polar so that gets you to 7
    Ha! My favorite single Avengers story, Avengers Forever, had a line-up with two Pyms on it, so that's totally appropriate.

I always loved how the Marvel Universe had headshots of the Avengers by order of their joining, and Hank was in there, like, *four* times, because of all his darn identities (Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Goliath and Yellowjacket, at that point).

If I had to pick *one* most 'Avenger-y' Avenger, who has the most history with the team, *and* the least history *outside of* the team, it would be Janet. She's been an Avenger since the beginning, and a team leader/chairperson, and not been had a bunch of solo adventures or hung out with other teams. She's 100% Avenger.

And she named them, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Triathlon.
    Troll. (Just kidding. I liked him, too.)
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    The Invaders or the All Winners Squad?
    Well, Steve Rogers wasn't the Captaian America of the All-Winners Squad, so I'll go with the Invaders.

Peace

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Well, Steve Rogers wasn't the Captaian America of the All-Winners Squad, so I'll go with the Invaders.

Peace
    Retroactively. But you make a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    What do you consider "Avengery"?

I've always considered the team just a current mix of popular heavy hitters. The only thing I ever scoffed at was when certain "street level" heroes were on the team. Basically I always thought you get one "freebie" with the leader role (he doesn't have to be a heavy hitter cause hes the brains/heart/whatever), and the rest were just mixes of Over the top power. Maybe one more freebie who's really there to drive the current plot.

Probably just my ignorance of that comic line, but I would normally have never considered Hawkeye/blackwidow avenger material before the movies. *shrug*
    Sounds like you started reading avengers in the last 15 years or so. That’s fine, but they had 35+ years prior to that, many of which had the “heavy hitters” be less important to the team. So I think a lot of folks here are looking at characters that were important to the team throughout its entire history.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”