Captain America
    Iron Man
    Hulk
    Thor

Tres Avengery.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Tres Avengery.

Good one!
    Although, I probably would've gone with Emma.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Well the Kardashians are Billionaires aren't they? or some of them?

Jan did finance the Unity team for a while. Plus she never went broke like Tony does every few years. Plus in the 60's they were Billionaires yet they were all millionaires Billions was unthinkable.

The Avengers were supposed to be sustained by the Maria Stark Trust but that did not work. They were supposed to be be sustained by deal Stark made toys comics etc. That did not hold. Honestly without Pepper Tony would be a lot poorer.
    that's because he has spent the majority of his money on the Avengers. he is proven that he can come back from nothing before/regain his fortune. all that's required is to turn his attention away from the team. and that's why he's the most avengery avenger.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Good one!
    Although, I probably would've gone with Emma.
    He was there all the way thru. Emma was merely the most recognized among several.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    He was there all the way thru. Emma was merely the most recognized among several.
    True. I agree.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Well the Kardashians are Billionaires aren't they? or some of them?
    Nope.

Jan did finance the Unity team for a while. Plus she never went broke like Tony does every few years. Plus in the 60's they were Billionaires yet they were all millionaires Billions was unthinkable.
    Jan's wealth comes from her father and that's it. She never ran a business. She's basically a trust fund baby.

The Avengers were supposed to be sustained by the Maria Stark Trust but that did not work. They were supposed to be be sustained by deal Stark made toys comics etc. That did not hold. Honestly without Pepper Tony would be a lot poorer.
    I think you're seriously overestimating Pepper's involvement. Historically she's not been involved with Stark personally at all, and professionally more often not in the picture than she was. Even now she doesn't seem to be around.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Nope.
    Actually... Kylie is one of the world's youngest billionaires

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...onaire-n979346

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Actually... Kylie is one of the world's youngest billionaires

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...onaire-n979346
    Guess it shows my age when someone says 'Kylie' and the only person I think of is Kylie Minogue. LOL

Astonishing Member

The ones I always think of are Hank Pym, the Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Hawkeye, Vision and Wonder Man.

Yes, I know Pietro and Simon wouldn't be on a lot of people's lists. I'm not even sure why I think of Quicksilver as an Avenger first. He was mainly a member of X-Factor when I was first reading comics and the first Avengers comic I read with him in it, he was the antagonist.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    The ones I always think of are Hank Pym, the Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Hawkeye, Vision and Wonder Man.

Yes, I know Pietro and Simon wouldn't be on a lot of people's lists. I'm not even sure why I think of Quicksilver as an Avenger first. He was mainly a member of X-Factor when I was first reading comics and the first Avengers comic I read with him in it, he was the antagonist.
    Add Captain America and that is pretty much mirrors my thoughts too

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Yeah, I feel like being an Avenger is pretty definitive for most of these characters, whereas Iron Man, Captain America and Thor would likely still be a big deal if they were never Avengers (having had solo books apart from the Avengers franchise).

These days, I'd add Black Widow to the list, thanks to the MCU.

But definitely Vision, Scarlet Witch, Hank Pym, the Wasp and Hawkeye. Maybe Wonder Man and Carol Danvers. Less sure if I'd put Quicksilver there, since he, like the Beast or Moondragon, might have some iconic Avengers time, but also has had quite a lot of his career outside the team.

Boisterously Confused

What's interesting to me in reading this thread is how some posters seem to interpret the term "Avengery" in different terms. Some of the different notions I'm picking up include...
    • The character is largely defined by being a member
    • The character embodies what a member should be
    • The character is the most important member

Cap, Hawkeye, Vision, Wanda and Wasp. Those are the heart of the Avengers for me.

The line-up:

Cap
    Thor
    Iron Man
    Hank Pym (I'll go with his Yellowjacket ID, for it's the one in which he can use all his various abilities)
    Wasp
    Scarlet Witch
    Quicksilver
    Hawkeye
    Wonder Man
    Hercules
    Black Panther
    Vision
    Black Knight
    Black Widow
    Mondragon (never was as used as she should have, but soooooo much potential)
    Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers, Ms Marvel)
    Falcon
    She-Hulk
    Spectrum (Monica Rambeau, Captain Marvel, Photon)
    Quasar
    Sersi
    Spider Woman ( IMHO, she fits)

And Jarvis... of course.

I don't have anything against Spiderman being an Avenger, however, he doesn't come to mind when I think of Avengers. Hulk, IMHO, doesn't fit, despite how much he's shoehorned in, especially in other media. Wolverine will never be an Avenger in my book. Luke Cage is SO MUCH BETTER as a Hero for Hire, and not as Captain America light.
    Now, for the most avengery Avenger of all... HANK PYM. Yes, Captain America is THE leader of the Avengers, Iron Man is the brains behind it, but Hank was always, for me, the essence of the Avengers. When I was a kid, what was the difference between the Avengers and the Justice League? The Avengers were the ones with that towering figure behind them, no matter the line-up. Visually, Hank was always the most striking of the Avengers, the one that left a real impression. Plus, the arguably worst enemy of the Avengers has a direct link to him, as do so many other members (Vision, Wasp, Jocasta...). I Truly feel the Avengers are poorer nowadays for not having him around.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 04-11-2019 at 03:21 PM.