Astonishing Member

Default Players of Spider-Man(PS4), how much did you know about Spider-Man beforehand?

How much did you know about Spider-Man and Marvel lore before playing the game?

What were some misconceptions you had about Spider-Man that you were surprised was different in the game?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    How much did you know about Spider-Man and Marvel lore before playing the game?
    This is something I noticed about the game with other fans, and its true for me. But I actually came to the game as a long-time fan who had given up on the Spider-Man comics (since OMD) and went in with low expectations and the game clarified stuff I liked about the character. I was most familiar with Ultimate Spider-Man and older comics before that, since I regularly followed that and Miles Morales and earlier so the Peter, MJ and Miles felt to me most similar to those versions of the character. So yeah I knew plenty about Spider-Man and Marvel lore.

What were some misconceptions you had about Spider-Man that you were surprised was different in the game?
    Mister Negative surprised and impressed me as a compelling villain. I knew of him second hand but hadn't read any story with him. But yeah, the game made him work and I think he's here to stay.

I'm a BIG Spider-Man fan, especially in comparison to most of my other friends who are what could be considered as "casual" fans, and I went into this game incredibly excited not just because it was a new Spider-Man game going for a big Arkham style scope, but it was being made by Insomniac, one of my favourite game developers of all time (Spyro The Dragon and Ratchet & Clank).

So I was not surprised that the game turned out so great and so fun, and even exceeded my expectations. I was surprised at how engaging and well written the entire story ended up being, and I was extremely glad for that. It probably would've been the best Spider-Man story in several years if not for Into The Spider-Verse.

And pretty much all of the said "casual" fans also incredibly loved the game, just for their general love of Spider-Man and how well made the whole thing was.

Astonishing Member

This being a Spider-Man forum, most of us probably played the game with a decent amount of prior Spider-Man knowledge.

This would be a question better asked on a video game forum.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    This being a Spider-Man forum, most of us probably played the game with a decent amount of prior Spider-Man knowledge.

This would be a question better asked on a video game forum.
    Fair point.