Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Friendly Neighborhood Spider-man 5 Preview

https://www.monkeysfightingrobots.co...medium=twitter

im surprised no one posted this. what you think?

That artwork is so nice! I wish Cinar was the main artist on this book.

As for the preview, I hope there's more to it than just a couple of pages of those two.

Astonishing Member

Well this was stupid. Don’t make any threats you can’t follow through with, Marvel!

Astonishing Member

Sorry, but how can I take this seriously when she’s already died and come back a couple times?

Follow through and kill her off for real this time. Marvel lost their balls in the 90s and death has been a joke ever since.

Arrow

All I'll say is this. I will reserve further comment until I see how this storyline (the Aunt May one) plays out. I don't trust myself to remain level headed about the subject matter (a real-life potentially fatal illness being used for another possible Aunt May fake out death) until I see where this one goes and how it gets there.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

I demand death!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    All I'll say is this. I will reserve further comment until I see how this storyline (the Aunt May one) plays out.
    Same. I will say that I'm not happy about May having yet another brush with death.

I think grave illnesses can be utilized in comic book storylines and be done tastefully but in the case of May, a character who's cheated death on more than one occasion, it runs the heavy risk of being cheap and exploitative.

I'm just hoping that the writers and editors would not commit to this storyline unless the end game was worth it.

If all we're going to get out of this, though, is months of angst and then a miracle cure, that puts a sour taste in my mouth.

But...we'll see where they take it.

I think you guys pass judgment a little too quickly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Sorry, but how can I take this seriously when she’s already died and come back a couple times?

Follow through and kill her off for real this time. Marvel lost their balls in the 90s and death has been a joke ever since.
    I certainly hope Cancer is not simply being used as a plot device to sell comic books, and tease Spider-Man fans with the possible end of OMD, without it happening. But of course Marvel has been known to use distasteful storylines before ( see Sins Past as one example). Not to mention, storylines of Aunt May dying or in extreme peril, have been going on since the 'Master Planner Saga' ( ASM 31-33), so I will believe she is joining Uncle Ben and Captain Stacy in Heaven and never coming back, in around 2050 ( assuming I live that long).
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 04-07-2019 at 05:41 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    It’s the nature of the beast.

WebSlingWonder is right - at least wait until you've read the whole issue!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    This is one instance where I can't blame people for being skeptical.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this has been well thought out and will actually prove to be a meaningful storyline.

For a book called Friendly Neighborhood Spider-man

it's been pretty depressing

but then I haven't really been reading it
    Wherever I Go , The Wind Follows...............................And The Wind , It Smells Like Rain

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://www.monkeysfightingrobots.co...medium=twitter

im surprised no one posted this. what you think?
    It's nice, but the current Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man is kinda like a Spectacular Spider-Man or Peter Parker: Spider-Man: a B-title, with the B-team that provides B-stories, apart from the main A-team and A-stories. Not to say B-teams and stories are not great, but for instance, I've consistently loved Paul Jenkins over J Michael Straczynski, but due to writing traditional, light hearted Spider-Man stories over edgier events, Jenkins will most likely get the less attention from the readers.

Well well well! This was a great issue! Love the character work. My only wish was that it was longer, and dealt a little more with Aunt May and her headspace.