Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Default Superman vs Galactus

Post-Crisis Superman has two weeks to get ready for Galactus coming.

No other superheroes are involved and Supes can't rebuild the Miracle Machine.

Can Superman come up with something to stop Galactus from eating the Earth?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

No, not really, not unless Big G subscribes to PIS Weekly.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

How good was Superman at modifying Kryptonian technology? Could he boost the Phantom Zone Projector's power to send the whole planet to the Phantom Zone?
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Astonishing Member

If Galactus likes planets with living people, Superman can kill everyone on Earth. That would reduce the planet's appeal. Rather an unpleasant solution. In a nice fashion, evacuate to an alternate, if he can the tech help to build the portals.

OP didn't say to save the people.

Of course he could come up with something. It's a scenario, a story. Anything could happen. He uses Kryptonian tech to enhance his powers. He can't get through Galactus's ship's force field but he vibrates his molecules and displaces himself in time to before the ship was there, then moves into position and moves forward in time so he's in the ship, bypassing the force field. Then using his super speed, he seeks out the Ultimate Nullifier which he knows about because of plot or because, with his knowledge of Kryptonian science, he knows it looks like the most important device there. Then he threatens to start playing around with it unless Galactus agrees to leave and never threaten the Earth again. Galactus cries, "Oh, no! The Ultimate Nullifier in the hands of a Kryptonian? He might accidentally crush it!" Galactus promises to leave and keeps his promise for a few months.

Granted this is more of a Silver Age Superman scenario. The enhanced powers just helps make it that.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Of course he could come up with something. It's a scenario, a story. Anything could happen. He uses Kryptonian tech to enhance his powers. He can't get through Galactus's ship's force field but he vibrates his molecules and displaces himself in time to before the ship was there, then moves into position and moves forward in time so he's in the ship, bypassing the force field. Then using his super speed, he seeks out the Ultimate Nullifier which he knows about because of plot or because, with his knowledge of Kryptonian science, he knows it looks like the most important device there. Then he threatens to start playing around with it unless Galactus agrees to leave and never threaten the Earth again. Galactus cries, "Oh, no! The Ultimate Nullifier in the hands of a Kryptonian? He might accidentally crush it!" Galactus promises to leave and keeps his promise for a few months.

Granted this is more of a Silver Age Superman scenario. The enhanced powers just helps make it that.
    Plot induced stupidity isn't on for scenarios.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    How good was Superman at modifying Kryptonian technology? Could he boost the Phantom Zone Projector's power to send the whole planet to the Phantom Zone?
    I remember something like this happening in Bendis' first arc on Superman.

Something, something happened and the Earth was transported to the Phantom Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    If Galactus likes planets with living people, Superman can kill everyone on Earth. That would reduce the planet's appeal. Rather an unpleasant solution.
    Dark. Morbid. Creative. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I remember something like this happening in Bendis' first arc on Superman.

Something, something happened and the Earth was transported to the Phantom Zone.
    STAR labs people were fooling around with projectors and accidentally ended up sending the earth into the Zone. Unfortunately it messed up the planet's biology/was not so slowly poisoning the populace/ breaking down the planet /they had to get it back quick

That was Rebirth though. Post crisis, planets have existed in Phantom Zone but I don't remember the projector being used to send planets there. Could send Galactus there though, he could just feed on the dimension

Or could pull a new Krypton and feed Galactus the other planet

I would imagine Galactus would view BFR as a very minor inconvenience.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    If Galactus likes planets with living people, Superman can kill everyone on Earth. That would reduce the planet's appeal. Rather an unpleasant solution. In a nice fashion, evacuate to an alternate, if he can the tech help to build the portals.

OP didn't say to save the people.
    Unfortunately, that's not what Big G likes. He likes and eats worlds that are capable of supporting life. He just doesn't care if life is actually there. The Surfer became the Surfer more or less specifically to bring Galactus to worlds that are capable of supporting life but which don't actually support it.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Unfortunately, that's not what Big G likes. He likes and eats worlds that are capable of supporting life. He just doesn't care if life is actually there. The Surfer became the Surfer more or less specifically to bring Galactus to worlds that are capable of supporting life but which don't actually support it.
    Superman could always render the planet incapable of supporting life then for a different technical win. Galactus wouldn't bother with it then. I'm not even joking.

A win is a win is a win ;p

I dunno Future Galactus wanted to eat the Dead Earth just as a **** you to Thor, or whatever.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I dunno Future Galactus wanted to eat the Dead Earth just as a **** you to Thor, or whatever.
    Yeah, but Future Galactus is a much pettier bitch, as it were ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Yeah, but Future Galactus is a much pettier bitch, as it were ;p
    ... this is very true.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan