Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Why do you like Peter Parker?

One of my favorite main protagonists ever concepted. He feels so real and flawed, it's like he defines what reality really is, crowded and flawed; doesn't have a central focus. Everyone else is unrealistic in the marvel u and having adventures and fantasy escapes while he gets more stress as being a menace while stopping a super villain on Madison Square Garden and then getting shot at the cops afterwards.

That's IMO more interest than asguard, avengers hq, the Baxter building or the jean Grey school all the way up in Salem.

So yeah that's my reason. What is yours?
    Last edited by Heasensy32; 05-03-2014 at 06:03 AM.

First of all I really like Spider-Man the hero rather than Peter Parker the character.

Really like that he is a street level character.
    Love his powerset of speed, agility, strength, spider sense, web shooters and brains make him entertaining to watch in the comics/cartoons/movies.
    Love how his suit leaves everything to the imagination (couldn't help it) so you wouldn't know anything about him with the exception of his height and body build.
    Love how he quips with his opponents rather than takes his agro out on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Choos View Post
    First of all I really like Spider-Man the hero rather than Peter Parker the character.

Really like that he is a street level character.
    Love his powerset of speed, agility, strength, spider sense, web shooters and brains make him entertaining to watch in the comics/cartoons/movies.
    Love how his suit leaves everything to the imagination (couldn't help it) so you wouldn't know anything about him with the exception of his height and body build.
    Love how he quips with his opponents rather than takes his agro out on them.
    Yes.

Peter is a super relatable character though, since he dates model women and is a genius just like me. Lol jk. It's because he's like a cooler more modern Jesus or something.

I just love the character (so much that I have him tattooed on my arm), have done since I was a little kid and watched the 90's animated series. I find him entertaining and relatable (in some ways). I'm not really sure what else to say, I've never really thought about why it is I like him so much. I think part of it is because of how personal a lot of the situations are to the Peter Parker side of the character, I can struggle a lot to get into characters when it all seems to be really big ideas that don't actually effect the whole of the character. Plus he's street level, I have a thing for street level characters.
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

His Moral Courage, Incorruptible Nature, and his instinct to do the right thing no matter what the personal cost.

...and he has really hot girlfriends.
    Stay Calm. Carry Guns.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by normanosborn View Post
    Yes.

Peter is a super relatable character though, since he dates model women and is a genius just like me. Lol jk. It's because he's like a cooler more modern Jesus or something.

I know he's a comic book character but he's kind of a pretty one so it's no surprise he gets models. I am new to Spiderman comics so I may be asking a silly question but was MJ a model when she started dating Peter?

As for why I like Peter Parker, it's his humour that gets me. I don't know him THAT well but that's what kept me going when I started reading. I am sure I'll find something deeper to why I like the character.

007 girl.

Easy, he's the Spidey alter-ego I grew up with.

Theres something relate-able to me about a nerdy guy whos going through life not really knowing what hes doing. He's one of the most real heroes marvel has.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    I am new to Spiderman comics so I may be asking a silly question but was MJ a model when she started dating Peter?
    No. They started dating like in the early, mid 70's. She became a model in the 90's I believe.

He's a great person, and he restrained himself from being a bully

He loses as much as he wins, and he never gives up. He's (when written correctly) the embodiment of the idea that doing the right thing is often hard, and comes at a price, but it's worth doing simply because it's right.

Spectacular Member

When I look at Peter, he's like the everyday man who struggles to be successful. To where even being Spider-Man clashes with his normal life. But despite all the hardships, he finds a way to juggle it. Sometimes he has to be tested over and over again to be worthy of the legacy he made.
    Last edited by Scorponok; 05-04-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eSoldier View Post
    his instinct to do the right thing no matter what the personal cost.
    Quoted in agreement.

Also he can be funny sometimes.

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

3 things. 1)morals 2)Never give up attitude and 3) humor of course
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

He is the total package: Intelligent, sexy, enthusiastic, caring, and initiative.