Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

I liked the pre-BND Peter Parker, because he was an average guy, intelligent, hard working, kind, responsible...yet still had insecurities and hang ups (without coming across as a loser). I of course as a woman loved the relationship he had with his wife! It was a partnership. The old Peter had the perfect blend of humility and confidence.

Fat jokes about Kingpin, satirical cynicism while fighting Goblin, wise-cracks towards Vulture, and the sheer enjoyment of being a superhero added to Parker's uncompromising nature in the face of adversity. The one-liner trend died in the early 90s but Parker still makes them work and never has a shortage of quips. For me, there's no Spider-Man without Peter Parker. Peter Parker: Except no substitutions. Found in your grocer's freezer.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    He loses as much as he wins, and he never gives up. He's (when written correctly) the embodiment of the idea that doing the right thing is often hard, and comes at a price, but it's worth doing simply because it's right.
    Extremely well said. I agree with every word of this.

Well, prior to OMD, I would say that he was relatable to me on a personal level.

Can't say that I've made pacts with Satan though.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

He's probably THE most relatable super hero there is. So easy to root for him.

I can only agree that he's the most relatable. I think I have a lot of things in common with him, maybe that's why I like him so much.
    I don't think every other hero in the Marvel Universe is unrealistic and has an unrelatable character, but Peters struggles feel very real.
    People say he whines a lot and I find this whole "Parker Luck"-thing a bit over-the-top, since he actually achieved many things over the years and has it better than many others, but overall I think that he is optimistic and hard-working in everything he does, even though he had to face so many crappy things in his life.
    His own morals when it comes to killing and justice make him stand out in the whole universe imo. I like when someone just has genuine idealistic views and tries to live up to them as much as he can.
    He is super-empathetic, caring and sensitive and he shows that being a "softy" isn't a bad thing at all. I think that characters like this are more relevant nowadays than they've ever been, especially since Peter is a male character with quite a few "stereotypically feminine" traits and you don't see that all that often.
    Since I am a woman myself, I think he's what you might want to call the "good guy". He was constantly surrouned by women since uncle Ben died and has many female friends and that makes him even more appealing to me, because he just doesn't come off as some kind of disrespectful macho.
    Of course he has flaws and is basically a manchild, but that makes him interesting and cute and he's balancing the "being an adult but still a child"-thing pretty well. Despite that he's a genius, a nerd, awkward and pretty much shy without his mask.
    I just think he's a well-balanced character when good written. Basically, he isn't only relatable because he's a nerd and got bullied.