Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    And 1 is exactly what he should be in the context of this league.

The Ubervamp is a 2. Do you think Brock Lesnar could beat that? What about other "2s" like the T-800? Baby Zilla? Deadshot? Marcus Hamilton? TV Hulk? Even Rocket Raccoon?

Heck, Ash Williams is a 1 and he's got a chainsaw.

Lifting something heavy, while being an otherwise ordinary human with no weapons, no superhuman intelligence, no tech skills, no superhuman speed, and no protection against a blade, energy weapon or bullet etc means low value here.

Granted, there will be some inconsistencies in the list by the very nature of the process of quantifying these things (i.e. there actually isn't a reliable one), but Lesnar is just fine with his current value and no wrestlers are valued at 4 based on strength alone. It's not a valuable enough quality here.
    Except he's not an otherwise normal human? He obviously has enhanced Durability, since he takes his from other people with Superhuman strength. And Wrestlers do have enhanced Speed, as I previously stated.

Let's look at Captain America for a second. His Helicopter Feat requires less than half the strength Braun's Big Rig Feat or Brock's Orca lift. Yet he's ranked higher

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Except he's not an otherwise normal human? He obviously has enhanced Durability, since he takes his from other people with Superhuman strength. And Wrestlers do have enhanced Speed, as I previously stated.

Let's look at Captain America for a second. His Helicopter Feat requires less than half the strength Braun's Big Rig Feat or Brock's Orca lift. Yet he's ranked higher
    Captain America can run considerably faster than any wrestler, has huge leaping ability, has taken down aliens and robots that displayed superhuman strength and durability en masse, threw a motorcycle as a weapon in combat, punches/kicks people several feet, has survived hits from Thanos, Loki and Ultron, is a leader and master strategist, and has a shield that can protect him from Mjolnir and wedge into solid metal.

He would literally solo Brock, Braun, Goldberg, Reigns etc - all at once - as I already said.

When, for example, did Brock or Braun’s out-of-ring strength result in a punch of equivalent force? Between them, they’ve fought guys like Zach Gowen and James Ellsworth and not imploded their heads with their punches. Cap’s punches have put 8-foot-tall aliens who smash cars by landing on them out of commission.

Trust me, I’m not being awkward (or incorrect) here. This is around the eighth or ninth league I’ve run, in around my fourteenth year on this forum. I’m familiar with how things work and how these characters compare in Rumbles terms. Wrestlers of this nature aren’t useful enough to warrant the values you’re suggesting.

If it was an arm-wrestling competition, the argument would be slightly more valid. Not in this environment, however.

Extraordinary Member

Captain America can run considerably faster than any wrestler, has huge leaping ability, has taken down aliens and robots that displayed superhuman strength and durability en masse, threw a motorcycle as a weapon in combat, punches/kicks people several feet, has survived hits from Thanos, Loki and Ultron, is a leader and master strategist, and has a shield that can protect him from Mjolnir and wedge into solid metal.

He would literally solo Brock, Braun, Goldberg, Reigns etc - all at once - as I already said.

When, for example, did Brock or Braun’s out-of-ring strength result in a punch of equivalent force? Between them, they’ve fought guys like Zach Gowen and James Ellsworth and not imploded their heads with their punches. Cap’s punches have put 8-foot-tall aliens who smash cars by landing on them out of commission.

Trust me, I’m not being awkward (or incorrect) here. This is around the eighth or ninth league I’ve run, in around my fourteenth year on this forum. I’m familiar with how things work and how these characters compare in Rumbles terms. Wrestlers of this nature aren’t useful enough to warrant the values you’re suggesting.

If it was an arm-wrestling competition, the argument would be slightly more valid. Not in this environment, however.
    Braun Strowman smashed a Metal Ladder in half by striking it, in the middle of a match. There's a punch of superhuman force right there.

I just don't see any logic in having a character with strength several times greater the peak human only being a 1

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

John Wick at 1 would beat every wrestler with a quick draw headshot as would many others(John Matrix for another). They have good strength feats but in the League they should start at a 1(with Undertaker super powers being an outlier).

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    John Wick at 1 would beat every wrestler with a quick draw headshot as would many others(John Matrix for another). They have good strength feats but in the League they should start at a 1(with Undertaker super powers being an outlier).
    That's more of an indicator "having guns" should be MORE valuable if they can drop people with actual super powers.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Braun Strowman smashed a Metal Ladder in half by striking it, in the middle of a match. There's a punch of superhuman force right there.

I just don't see any logic in having a character with strength several times greater the peak human only being a 1
    I'm going to end up saying this until I'm blue in the face, but it's because they are absolutely useless in Rumbles terms, prior to any item purchases.

Other characters have intelligence, leadership skills, strategy skills, speed, esoteric powers, equipment/gadgets, weapons, protection from blades, bullets and energy weapons. These wrestlers have none of that - and you could give Tin-Tin, Olive Oyl or Shaggy a basic pistol and they'd all be dead (Tin-Tin, Olive Oyl and Shaggy being characters who would still be "1s", even if their standard equipment was a pistol).

Nobody is denying they are strong, but the point is that just saying "they have great strength" isn't enough to warrant an increase in value, when there are countless other people with similar strength at the same value/similar value, and when people not as strong (also valued at "1") could kill them with one bullet. Moreover, there are "2s" and "3s" as strong as them who are only "2s" and "3s" because they have skills, speed, powers, weapons and equipment that will actually be useful in this league.

Brock Lesnar, Braun Strowman, Roman Reigns and Goldberg (and their peers) are just lumps of meat in Rumblers League terms. Until they get given equipment, given the company they'll be keeping, they are as good as useless. Captain America (3) and virtually every "4" would literally solo the four of them. There's no argument against that fact. Those who wouldn't solo them have other reasons for being valued highly (leadership, equipment, weapons, speed, magic, intelligence etc).

I reiterate, there will be the occasional outlier (Ultimate Warrior and John Cena, for example, are "2s" for some reason), but mistakes will happen and these things slip through. But they are CERTAINLY not "4s" - and Ultimate Warrior beat prime Hulk Hogan (who literally WAS the epitome of unbeatable in wrestling terms and is widely considered to be the best of all-time), while Cena is also right up there with the all-time best. They also have that aura of actual invincibility (in wrestling terms) about them at their best. But again, NOT "4s" or anywhere close.

The Beast (Buffyverse) is a "4". He's as strong as any of those wrestlers' highest showings, but that strength has also translated into massive leaps and powerful punches in the middle of combat (his punches sent Connor and Faith flying twenty+ feet, slamming them into metal surfaces and denting/shattering them upon impact). He can also survive direct shotgun blasts to his face and direct hits from swords with absolutely NO damage - and it's said only a piece of himself can kill him. He can also do powerful dark magical spells. He can also teleport between dimensions.

To put this to bed, in one paragraph, tell us why Braun Strowman, Brock Lesnar, Goldberg or Roman Reigns should be the same value as The Beast. Their high-end strength feats may be similar, but have they ever punched that hard? Can they perform massive leaps? Are they invulnerable to multiple shotgun blasts to the face? Can they traverse dimensions? Can they execute powerful magic spells? If not, they are "1s".

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    This.

I don't understand the point of this "debate". Literally none of the other participants in this league would spend 3 or 4 on a wrestler whose only superhuman stats are moderate superhuman strength and decent durability, because the extent of wrestlers' strength and durability is of absolutely no use in this league.

Therefore, the only person who'd buy them (I assume) would be you, Jcogginsa - and you're trying to quadruple their value!

All that would do is:
    a) Make the valuing system horrendously inaccurate.
    b) Rule the wrestlers out of the league, as far as being picked by anyone else is concerned.
    c) Give you less credits to spend on other things, assuming you intend to purchase these wrestlers at some point.
    Last edited by KJS; 04-10-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Amidst all that, the main aim of this has been somewhat overshadowed, but we've come to the end of additions. These will be the only new things added to the character and items lists:

CHARACTERS
    Alison Hargreeves (Umbrella Academy) 5
    Black Manta (DCEU) 5
    Braun Strowman (WWE) 1
    Captain Marvel (MCU) 9
    Demogorgon (Stranger Things) 4
    Diego Hargreeves (Umbrella Academy) 1
    Doctor Sivana (DCEU) 9
    Eddie Brock (Venom) 5
    Eleven (Stranger Things) 7
    Goku (DB:Evolution) 9
    Goose (MCU) 4
    Klaus Hargreeves (Umbrella Academy) 4
    Luther Hargreeves (Umbrella Academy) 2
    Mera (DCEU) 6
    Mind Flayer, The (Stranger Things) 8
    Number Five (Umbrella Academy) 4
    Oliver Bird (Legion) 8
    Piccolo (DB:Evolution) 9
    Pogo (Umbrella Academy) 1
    Riot (Venom) 5
    Roman Reigns (WWE) 1
    Rudy (Legion) 6
    Shazam (Billy Batson) (DCEU) 9
    Talos (MCU) 3
    Vanya Hargreeves (Umbrella Academy) 9
    Yon-Rogg (MCU) 3

ITEMS
    Age Exchange (Misfits) 4
    Black Manta Suit (DCEU) 5
    Cyborg Modification (DCEU) 7
    Eccarius' Vampirism (Preacher) 5
    Emotional Duplication (Misfits) 10
    Immortality (Misfits) 4
    Kiryu (Godzilla) 8
    Mecha Ghidorah Upgrade (Godzilla) 7
    Shazam Power (DCEU) 9
    Sivana's Eye Orb w/ 7 Deadly Sins (DCEU) 10
    Super Mechagodzilla 2 (Godzilla) 9
    Violent Obsession w/ Brief Case (Misfits) 7

Note: Values still very much up for debate.
    Last edited by KJS; 04-12-2019 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Typo (Immorality changed to Immortality)

Amidst all that, the main aim of this has been somewhat overshadowed, but we've come to the end of additions. These will be the only new things added to the character and items lists:

CHARACTERS
    Alison Hargreeves (Umbrella Academy) 5
    Black Manta (DCEU) 5
    Braun Strowman (WWE) 1
    Captain Marvel (MCU) 9
    Demogorgon (Stranger Things) 4
    Diego Hargreeves (Umbrella Academy) 1
    Doctor Sivana (DCEU) 9
    Eddie Brock (Venom) 5
    Eleven (Stranger Things) 7
    Goku (DB:Evolution) 9
    Goose (MCU) 4
    Klaus Hargreeves (Umbrella Academy) 4
    Luther Hargreeves (Umbrella Academy) 2
    Mera (DCEU) 6
    Mind Flayer, The (Stranger Things) 8
    Number Five (Umbrella Academy) 4
    Oliver Bird (Legion) 8
    Piccolo (DB:Evolution) 9
    Pogo (Umbrella Academy) 1
    Riot (Venom) 5
    Roman Reigns (WWE) 1
    Rudy (Legion) 6
    Shazam (Billy Batson) (DCEU) 9
    Talos (MCU) 3
    Vanya Hargreeves (Umbrella Academy) 9
    Yon-Rogg (MCU) 3

ITEMS
    Age Exchange (Misfits) 4
    Black Manta Suit (DCEU) 5
    Cyborg Modification (DCEU) 7
    Eccarius' Vampirism (Preacher) 5
    Emotional Duplication (Misfits) 10
    Immorality (Misfits) 4
    Kiryu (Godzilla) 8
    Mecha Ghidorah Upgrade (Godzilla) 7
    Shazam Power (DCEU) 9
    Sivana's Eye Orb w/ 7 Deadly Sins (DCEU) 10
    Super Mechagodzilla 2 (Godzilla) 9
    Violent Obsession w/ Brief Case (Misfits) 7

Note: Values still very much up for debate.
    I hope we are opening the list back up down the road. With End Game, Hellboy, Game of Thrones detective pickachu, and king of the Monsters all coming (plus more) there will be tons to add

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    I hope we are opening the list back up down the road. With End Game, Hellboy, Game of Thrones detective pickachu, and king of the Monsters all coming (plus more) there will be tons to add
    Yes, likely next at the midpoint.

I think maybe Captain Marvel should be a ten. She had somr great feats in her debut, and is bound to be getting some more crazy feats in End Game. Fiege has explicitly said shes the strongest hero now, which isnt a feat on its own really hints at her getting Thor+ status

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    I think maybe Captain Marvel should be a ten. She had somr great feats in her debut, and is bound to be getting some more crazy feats in End Game. Fiege has explicitly said shes the strongest hero now, which isnt a feat on its own really hints at her getting Thor+ status
    I will change her to a 10.

The league will be starting next month - after Endgame's release - so this will all be fixable anyway.

I got bored and figured I'd add the list I'd been working on. Spoilers found bellow including Far From Home and GodzillavsKong:

Characters:

Abra (Doctor Sleep) 6
    Agatha Harkness (MCU) 7
    A-Train (The Boys) 8
    Aladdin (Aladdin) 1
    Arthur Shelby (Peaky Blinders) 1
    Billy Butcher (the Boys) 1
    Bloodshot (Blood Shot) 4
    Bright Burn (Bright Burn) 8
    Cara Dune (Star Wars) 1
    Cheetah (DCEU) 9
    Child, the (Star Wars) 2
    Danny Torrance (Doctor Sleep) 3
    Enola Holmes (Enola Holmes) 1
    Female, the (the Boys) 4
    Gamera (Heisei) 9
    Geralt of Rivia (The Witcher) 2
    Grand High Witch (the Witches) 4
    Homelander (The Boys) 8
    IG-11 (Star Wars) 2
    Iris (Gamera, Heisei) 9
    Jafar (Sorceror) (Aladdin) 7
    Jimmy Dalton (Bloodshot) 3
    Johnny Laurence (Cobra Kai) 1
    King Ghidorah (Legendary) 10
    Legoin (Gamera, Heisei) 9
    Mandolarian, The (Star Wars) 2
    Mechagodzilla (Monsterverse) 10
    Mewtwo (Detective Pikachu) 7
    Mothra (Legendary) 9
    Mulan (Mulan) 2
    Mysterio (MCU) 1
    Pikachu (Detective Pikachu) 4
    Renfri (the Witcher) 1
    Rodan (Legendary) 9
    Rose The Hat (Doctor Sleep) 7
    Scar (The Lion King) 1
    Simba (the Lion King) 1
    Shenzi (the Lion King) 1
    Skull Crawler (Monsterverse) 7
    Starlight (the Boys) 7
    Stormfront (The Boys) 8
    Tommy Shelby (Peaky Blinders) 1
    Yennifer (the Witcher) 6

Items:
    Anywhere Key (Lock and Key) 1
    ARGO (Monsterverse) 4
    Bloodshot Nanites (Bloodshot) 4
    Cheetah's wish (DCEU) 9
    EDITH with Drones (MCU) 7
    Eye of Sin (DCEU) 9
    Genie's Lamp (Aladdin) 8
    Ghost Key (Lock and Key) 1
    Head Key (Lock and Key) 2
    Invisible Suit (The Invisible Man) 2
    Kong's Axe (Monsterverse) 5
    La Dona (Freaky) 5
    Matchstick Key (Lock and Key) 2
    Ornithologist's spirit board contract (The Irregulars) 3
    Rat Potion (the Witches) 3
    Shadow Key (Lock and Key) 5
    Shazam, Powerset (Shazam) 9
    Super X 3(Godzilla Hesei) 5

Modifications:

Scarlet Witch 8 - 10

Snyder cut characters should probably be added.
    Last edited by Stigmazilla; 04-13-2021 at 07:21 AM.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Is there any indication this is coming back, or is this just a thing you wanted to do?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Is there any indication this is coming back, or is this just a thing you wanted to do?
    Just a thing I've been playing with for a while. I'd actually started this post last year when Spiderman came out, and finally finished enough to post it.

The lack of (and quality of) input in this was what resulted in me giving up on it.

In hindsight, the lockdown/quarantine situation might have been a good time to bring it back and try again.