BANNED

Reading the article, once again i find one of the biggest flaws in current run and in many WW stories of this decade.

The article says "Wonder Woman's fans will tell you that no enemy is too big for her to handle. But when the opponent in question is the biggest Titan that the DC Universe has ever seen? Diana is going to need some gigantic backup"

See this is part of what i call weak writing. Diana used to be a powerhouse that also dealt with giant monsters. But now she needs Giganta. When we all know that if it was another flying brick with super speed. They'd just punch the giant until it's down. If gww wanted Giganta, she could have used other ways to bring her into the story. Instead of going the "Diana can't do this alone" route

Not only that. But so far in gww's run. WW has needed help against soldiers, against Ares, now against the giants. This is not only a flaw in gww run, it has happened many times this decade. But it's just very frustraiting at this point. They always talk about how powerful Diana is but they never show it. And they seem to go out of their way to never have Diana dealing with a big opponent alone. Of course i don't expect her to beat every threat easily and on her own. But come on, it's been a long time since she has had big powerhouse moment. Maybe she will have that in this issue. We will have to wait and see. But so far, this is a flaw that has been around current WW for far too long.

I agree. This writing is horrendous! It’s like reading a pre-teen diary. The language from Diana is weak and it makes her sound so unsure of herself. How can anyone buy this portrayal of WW and want to fall asleep. I’ve dropped this title until someone can take charge and give a great run on this title. DC should still be ashamed of themselves for allowing this to continue even after her movie went so well.

Geezus, that art is abysmal
    Please Remain Calm

Yeah I feel bad for Wonder Woman being drawn like this, it hurts my feelings for her. I can’t believe they think that art is suitable for the main Wonder Woman title. It’s like every issue they take all of 10 seconds to draw her. They need to get one of those cats that have been on Justice League Dark, she’s looks great in that series.

I’ll get this issue to finish out the story but I’m probably out after this. That’ll be three arcs, 10 or 11 issues or so, I think that’s a good enough sample to say I’m just not into this run. Really strong writing can carry weak art for me but I don’t get much strong writing here. Which is a shame since I was really looking forward to this run.

I don't really hate the art style, in fact I think there's a bit of Cooke inspiration there, but at the same time its not really there yet and also just doesn't really fit WW in my eyes.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

How should this have been handled better? If Diana and Giganta needed it to team up to fight a titan how should it be done?

Man, I think you guys are being a bit harsh. Seems like a pretty decent arc to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    How should this have been handled better? If Diana and Giganta needed it to team up to fight a titan how should it be done?
    Diana reveals in the end the real reason she asked for Giganta's help is because she believes that Gignata is good deep down and by working together she can help Giganta reform.

Yeah, this is a good preview. Giganta has never been this interesting, she's very insightful. It reminded me of Yukio talking to Storm and inspiring Storm to toughen up and get a mohawk. The art isn't that bad either, the book has had worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    For me it's not so much the stories, they all have a pretty solid premise, it's the actual writing. Idk, it just feels off or something. I know I just can't get that into it.

I will say this is the best arc of the run so far.

So some observations and reasoning, nice!

Art continues to be inconsistent. The mythketeers, background, and compositions are good, but both Diana and Giganta look bad from certain angles. I do like the eye closeups, though.

I think that Wilson is looking to explore if Diana has moved away from her Themysciran ideals without realising it, and that finding them again and re-integrating them will be a major theme in her run. However, I'm not sure the dialogue manages to convey that well enough.

ETA: Or perhaps again it is the art and the dialogue in combination. I do like how Giganta manages to so easily get under Diana's skin. Giganta may not like Diana, but she does know her.

The mythketeers continue to be a delight with their banter and genre awareness. However, I think the lettering could have been clearer: I consistently get the impression that it is Maggie who is talking about what magic swords means, when in reality it is Cadmus.
    Last edited by kjn; 04-08-2019 at 01:14 AM.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Something isn't gelling for me about this run, I've decided as of issue #67. It could partially be that I have such strong opinions about Wonder Woman's villains and what they could be that it's hard for me to accept when they're used in a way that doesn't live up to their potential.

The mystery of the gods and mythical creatures expulsion from Olympus and Themyscira is interesting, but I think some more obvious twists, turns, and reveals might help with the mystery vibe - if indeed it's supposed to be a mystery.

Diana's adventures are feeling lukewarm to me right now, versus exciting.

I really despise how waifish and childish Giganta and Diana look.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I really despise how waifish and childish Giganta and Diana look.

I totally agree. This book needs an new artist ASAP. I think this art style is geared more towards a children's comic like Teen Titans Go or Scooby Doo.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.