Default Since Kraven "died" in Kraven's last hunt?

Can anyone sum up what happened to Kraven since he "died" in Kraven's last hunt? When did he pop up again in regular continuity? Did he die and come back once again?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Can anyone sum up what happened to Kraven since he "died" in Kraven's last hunt? When did he pop up again in regular continuity? Did he die and come back once again?
    If you read Spencer's Run, starting from #16 (ASM Volume 5, 2018-2019) then his entire recent history is explained.

If you want the long version, then read the storyline, Grim Hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    If you read Spencer's Run, starting from #16 (ASM Volume 5, 2018-2019) then his entire recent history is explained.
    Does that also explain his appearance in Captain America #697 from the start of 2018?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Does that also explain his appearance in Captain America #697 from the start of 2018?

Actually yes. But that's a spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Actually yes. But that's a spoiler.
    Oh, okay.

Guess that will wait then until if/when I get the tpb collection.

Here's basically the sum up of all the most important things since Kraven's death in Last Hunt:

During Brand New Day, Kraven's wife and daughter came up with a plan that would allow them to bring him back to life. They kidnap both Madame Web and Mattie Franklin, and using Web's powers, manipulate the events as seen in The Gauntlet to wear out Spider-Man by making him face against many of his returning foes back to back without rest.

Then during Grim Hunt, we see them put their sacrifice to the test, first killing Mattie to bring back another one of the dead family members, and then planning to use Spider-Man to bring back Kraven. However at the last second, Kaine swapped places with Peter, so while Kraven was resurrected, the ritual went wrong, which made Kraven really pissed at his family (also because he didn't actually want to be brought back to life). He tried to force Spider-Man to try and kill him, because that's the only way he could die, but he didn't so Kraven and the family ran off. Kraven then killed his wife and sent the rest of his family on a murder spree amongst each other to see which of them would be worthy.

The rest of his story is explained in Spencer's Issue #16, the prelude to Hunted, so I'll keep that in spoiler tagged, just in case:
    spoilers:
    It is insinuated in this issue that every Kraven appearance between Grim Hunt and now were actually just clones, because we see him meet up with the High Evolutionary and force him to make dozens and dozens of clones of him which he then sent out into the world to prove themselves, until now when we see his one true successor has murdered them all. So ultimately, only Last Hunt and Grim Hunt are important to understand when reading Hunted.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

He remained dead for a long time before he was resurrected in Grim Hunt part 3 in ASM NO 638.
    During that time, his lover Calypso and his two sons, Vladimir and Ayo...Aye... whatever, tried to honour Kraven's legacy by tormenting Spider-Man in various ways. Calypso was the antagonist in the first arc of Mac-Farlane's Spider-Man title (the first issue of that series was a best seller along with Lee's X-Men).
    Spidey also had a run in with the Chameleon who had a... strange connection with Kraven. He was responsible, with Harry Osborn's guidance, for Peter's emotional wreck which was caused by the appearence of the robotic duplicates of his parents.
    Last edited by Minerboh; 04-08-2019 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    . . . Spidey also had a run in with the Chameleon who had a... strange connection with Kraven. He was responsible, with Harry Osborn's guidance, for Peter's emotional wreck which was caused by the appearence of the robotic duplicates of his parents.
    The Chameleon and Kraven connection goes back a long time, including Kraven's first appearance in Amazing Spider-Man in 1964.
    The connection with Kraven actually dates back to Amazing Spider-Man #15 (August 1964), which was Kraven's first appearance:

Incredible Member

He remained dead for a long time before he was resurrected in Grim Hunt part 3 in ASM NO 638.
    During that time, his lover Calypso and his two sons, Vladimir and Ayo...Aye... whatever, tried to honour Kraven's legacy by tormenting Spider-Man in various ways. Calypso was the antagonist in the first arc of Mac-Farlane's Spider-Man title (the first issue of that series was a best seller along with Lee's X-Men).
    Spidey also had a run in with the Chameleon who had a... strange connection with Kraven. He was responsible, with Harry Osborn's guidance, for Peter's emotional wreck which was caused by the appearence of the robotic duplicates of his parents.
    Everyone, you and current Amazing Spidey Kraven recap-ists, including Nick Spencer, forgetting Spider-Man: Soul of the Hunter (1992) in which due to committing suicide, Kraven's soul was not granted an afterlife destination, so he summoned Spidey's help, who, after passing the trials and challenges, finally granted Kraven an afterlife.

Kraven's "soul" would appear again later on, at least a couple of decades later, but pre-BND, in Hell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Everyone, you and current Amazing Spidey Kraven recap-ists, including Nick Spencer, forgetting Spider-Man: Soul of the Hunter (1992) in which due to committing suicide, Kraven's soul was not granted an afterlife destination, so he summoned Spidey's help, who, after passing the trials and challenges, finally granted Kraven an afterlife.

Kraven's "soul" would appear again later on, at least a couple of decades later, but pre-BND, in Hell.
    Didn't knew that it existed, sorry! I never said that i was the equivelant of Professor X regarding Marvel Events.
    Is it a novel or a graphic novel? I am interested in this.

BANNED

The Chameleon and Kraven connection goes back a long time, including Kraven's first appearance in Amazing Spider-Man in 1964.
    Yes, i am fully aware of that story.
    By ''strange'' i meant that, during the 90's early 00's, Marvel was implying that Chameleon had some sort of obsession with Kraven.
    If i knew any better, i would even call it as love.
    Last edited by Minerboh; 04-09-2019 at 08:41 AM.

i'm not sure that adding Chameleon to the family really helped Kraven.

If you from now on always write "died" in Big Air Quotes every time you type it, that's about all you need to know for these kinds of comic book superhero threads.

Noone dies. Everyone just "dies". (BIG. AIR. QUOTES.)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Didn't knew that it existed, sorry! I never said that i was the equivelant of Professor X regarding Marvel Events.
    Is it a novel or a graphic novel? I am interested in this.
    It's a one-shot comic and it's been collected in the deluxe hardcover omnibus for Kraven's Last Hunt, which includes pretty much everything Kraven written by J.M. DeMatteis.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    If you from now on always write "died" in Big Air Quotes every time you type it, that's about all you need to know for these kinds of comic book superhero threads.

Noone dies. Everyone just "dies". (BIG. AIR. QUOTES.)
    so are the days of our lives
    troo fan or death