Incredible Member

Default Why are the back issues of Jim Lee's HUSH so pricey?

...you know compared to Jim's work on All Star Batman and Superman For Tomorrow.

So just to recap a few years back I decided to purge my collection and give them to my LCS as I was transitioning from single issues to Tpb's and among them were all the aforementioned comics mentioned above and so then I've been regretting that decision and have luckily been re-buying All Star Batman and Superman For Tomorrow but the HUSH issues are ridiculously expensive.

Mind you im not the hardcore collector that will spend hundreds on a back issue the most I'll spend is $5 dollars but these issues are going for $20-30 dollars.

Incredible Member

Maybe it a timing issue due to the Hush Movie coming out?

Or maybe because its just popular and iconic and people are willing to pay it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingcrimsonprog View Post

Wait'll the movie is done with its cycle. "Hush" is so not worth it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingcrimsonprog View Post

Really??? I have seen too many bins with that run for cheap.

BANNED

I've seen 'em in the cheapie bins, too. They're not worth the premium price.

Fantastic Member

If you just want to have it to read whenever you want then why not go digital? The Complete Hush goes on sale at Comixology and through the DC comic app on a regular basis for $5.99. On a tablet the art is just as good as reading a floppy comic, plus you can archive it whenever you think you're quitting comics or realize that it's a really pretty albeit dumb story and free up space for other stuff.

I'm pretty sure you can get most of them quite cheap on eBay as well.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

BANNED

Jim Lee is so over-rated.

Why do you need the issues? The trade is probably available and affordable on like Amazon or eBay or something.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Jim Lee is so over-rated.
    Wow... I know art is subjective and not everyone has the same tastes, but I find Jim's artwork some of the best ever! Definitely one of my all-time favorite artists. I can't think of a single piece of work he's done that I would consider bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    Wow... I know art is subjective and not everyone has the same tastes, but I find Jim's artwork some of the best ever! Definitely one of my all-time favorite artists. I can't think of a single piece of work he's done that I would consider bad.
    It all looks the same after awhile.