THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Superman issue #10 preview

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The years imprisonment confirmation is a disappointment. Other than that, good action. Intriguing that it looks like Jor-El ended up somewhere with a time discrepency as well before finding Jon.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Wow, that was unexpected to say the least lol

* Jor-El looks like Doctor Doom, and it's.....kind of working for him haha I wonder if it's an armor, or if they're prosthesis?

* Superwoman seems to know Jor-El?

* Now I'm wondering if Jor-El ends up giving Jon the scar?

* I guess this is would explain why and Jor-El takes a turn to being more unhinged.

* The fact that Jon seems to still have a bit of his powers even now--years later with no sun makes me wonder how (did he build something to give him powers? Was it because his body was no longer had to worry about keeping him safe from the lava?). It also makes a some sort of comic devoted to his time there seem all the more easy to pitch given he'd still have some sort of his powers.

Looks pretty good. Agree the years being imprisoned is a little disappointing, they seem to want to burn up the time Jon was away rather than leave it for more stories. Though I suppose it's still vague enough to support his own series if they ever get their act together on that front. I have to think this is the point where Jor El actually is going to be shown to be kinda out there again, though hopefully not to the point where he's a straight up bad guy now. Still, looks pretty good.

And the battle Kelex's look pretty good too!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Looks pretty good. Agree the years being imprisoned is a little disappointing, they seem to want to burn up the time Jon was away rather than leave it for more stories. Though I suppose it's still vague enough to support his own series if they ever get their act together on that front.
    I honestly don't think this hampers a possible limited series for him one bit. There's the time in space with Jor-El that seemed so vague that you could get a series out of just that on its own, and add that with the idea of his time roaming Earth-3 (apparently with powers). Both together should be enough for a Wonder Comics limited series. Probably uses his time trapped by Ultraman to do flashbacks to never before seen moments with his parents, by himself on Earth, chillin with Damian, and what not.

I think the whole thing just adds an easily workable framework to play in.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 04-08-2019 at 07:40 AM.

Just had a thought though, could this actually be Earth-3 Jor-El?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

But he says "behind me, Jon." No one else on Earth-3 knew who Jon was because he isn't a thing on Earth-3, so I'm guessing it's just Jor-El proper.

Good point. Though potentially in such a scenario he could have found out about him from Ultraman. In any case I was just curious considering how Jon points out how overall different he seems, if he might be in for a twist.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

What if it's been the Earth 3 Jor-El all along? Perhaps?

It’s interesting that both Jon and presumably Jor El don’t have Earth 3 counterparts. Jor El makes sense, given he shouldn’t exist on the prime Earth either, but Jon in the revised Reborn Earth should by all rights have one. May be intentional given Jor El’s speech in Superman 8 about their uniqueness.
    Last edited by Yoda; 04-08-2019 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    May be intentional given Jor El’s speech in Superman 8 about their uniqueness.
    That's what I'm thinking. Seems like something that might likely come back up down the line.

I think it's Lois Lane(Superwoman) that gives Jon the scar. When she gives him the scar, that's what triggers him to fight.
    Last edited by MeGrimlock420; 04-08-2019 at 09:17 AM.

Not enough credit goes to Peterson's art, but it should really be noted how much he's absolutely killing it on the art here. I particularly love Superwoman's expressions, and the choice to go into Jon's first person view for their confrontation. Also a fan of Jor-El's comically large gun that just looks like the engine to a plane haha