Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

BANNED

BANNED

All i got from that is He thinks Gambit is sexier than Cyclops and Scott and Jean are no longer considered married or it never happened.

can xavierfiles ask jesus when the rapture's happening since we know he'll get an answer
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

More mindf*ck

Answering Cyclops & Jean's marriage's legal status:
    If you want to get even weirder when you think about it, there’s this: the wedding of these two people actually never happened. The Cyclops who married Jean died in issue #1 of Secret Wars. He was replaced by a recreated version who was created with the memory of having married her… but that event never actually happened. Has there ever been a ruling on the legal distinction between events that occurred and those that exist only in forged history and memory?

Quote Originally Posted by Retcon View Post
    All i got from that is He thinks Gambit is sexier than Cyclops and Scott and Jean are no longer considered married or it never happened.
    I think if you did a poll, Gambit would win the sex appeal battle most of the time, albeit not by much. But that's just my opinion.

Also, I think it does make sense that Scott and Jean's marriage is no longer binding. If the comic is using the same legal standards as the real world, the death of the spouse means the marriage is legally over. That's where the whole "till death do us part" phrase carries weight. Now, they could renew their marriage at some point, and I personally hope they do, but it wouldn't be the same marriage. It would be a new marriage, altogether. That'll be an interesting issue if it comes up down the line. I hope future X-books touch on it. I'm sure it's going to generate so many colorful conversations on this board.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Is uncanny #21 happening at the same time as AoXM omega?

It’s funny how fast these went to him answering essentially nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    It’ll most likely be #22 or #23.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Now, they could renew their marriage at some point, and I personally hope they do, but it wouldn't be the same marriage.
    Won't happen. Not unless JDW can artificially make it toxic for cheap forced drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    can xavierfiles ask jesus when the rapture's happening since we know he'll get an answer
    At least JDW made a decent Diplomacy check on a loaded question.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I think if you did a poll, Gambit would win the sex appeal battle most of the time, albeit not by much. But that's just my opinion.

Also, I think it does make sense that Scott and Jean's marriage is no longer binding. If the comic is using the same legal standards as the real world, the death of the spouse means the marriage is legally over. That's where the whole "till death do us part" phrase carries weight. Now, they could renew their marriage at some point, and I personally hope they do, but it wouldn't be the same marriage. It would be a new marriage, altogether. That'll be an interesting issue if it comes up down the line. I hope future X-books touch on it. I'm sure it's going to generate so many colorful conversations on this board.
    I think he already did in a pool 65 to 35.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    At least JDW made a decent Diplomacy check on a loaded question.
    He also has the ideal policy on character deaths.

so let's kill jean
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Uncanny #21 likely comes out July 3. AoXM Omega comes out July 17.

Oh wow, that actually looks like Juggernaut joining the X-Men with Scott and Logan. I never expected that at all. I know X-Men Black Juggernaut and X-Men Black Emma Frost painted both of them as not really becoming enemies of the X-Men, I wonder if that is carrying forward. That image looks like Magic is jumping over the Juggernaut to attack whatever is in front of him, and the rest of the team seems to be in formation behind the Juggernaut.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Good to hear Betsy will be properly dealing with the body swap sometime, although I'm not sure where that story would take place. I don't see it happening in AoXM, or Uncanny after, maybe a new title or mini?

No bionic legs in that funeral scene, but that could be Karma at the head of the casket with the clenched fists. Uncanny should fight to keep Gomez, a vast improvement over Larocca.