Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

To be fair, Lobdell never intended Artemis and Jason to actually be a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Did you notice? Dog has a collar now. So it seems like that little girl officially found hopefully her forever home. The dog tag looks like a little heart which is cute. But I'm not sure. The panel isn't big enough.

I loved the panel close to the end when Suzie storms Jason's office and is glad to see that he's fine. And then Jason asks if her siblings are okay. They both care for each other. I dig that friendship.

Bunker's calm attitude while being under an attack really shows that he's a very strong ally one can rely on.

Jason looks surprisingly good in white. And plus points for Woods that he didn't forget Ducra's little cat hair clip.

I still don't like Isabel. What's the point of slowly building Jason/Artemis up and then bringing in an ex (actually two exes including Essence)?
    As a Hawkeye fan (XD I guess I just have a type), exes can bring fun dynamics to the table, when a new interest shows up. But my guess is that Isabel isn't going to have a big role in the future, further than reminding Jason that he can have fun outside the mask, with someone who can like him outside the mask, while knowing that he has a mask. Or maybe she's going to end injured again. I hope not, but, who knows.

Essence, I guess she will play with why they're not together while still caring for him or something. And then, I hope, Artemis and Bizarro will come back to save Jason from himself. Or something. I don't know and, well, with how easily plans can change nowadays, I'm not going to bet in my guesses.

Ah, by the way. Maybe Essence's words at the start of the issue are meant to be about death and Jason's soul. "The great darkness that looms over all that lives" can be Death itself; and "a mistake you must at long last rectify" can be something regarding Jason as an all-caste and the all-blades. Maybe we're finally getting an story arc about Jason's problem with his soul and the all-blades (and his death).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 04-10-2019 at 02:24 PM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    To be fair, Lobdell never intended Artemis and Jason to actually be a couple.
    So you're saying that Lobdell's writing was bad?
    Because in my eyes it's stupid to strongly hint on a possible relationship between Jason and Artemis and let them kiss in #25 if you don't want them to date in the first place.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

If you remember the interviews he gave back then, he made a point (multiple times in fact) that he never saw them as a couple and any interest on changing that was coming from his editors and that he was willing to play ball with them for a bit but still was strongly opposed to them as a couple. With that in mind is entirely possible that Artemis kissing Jason was his way to throw the shippers a bone so to speak. And who knows? Maybe he had changed his mind about the topic back then and now he changed it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    If you remember the interviews he gave back then, he made a point (multiple times in fact) that he never saw them as a couple and any interest on changing that was coming from his editors and that he was willing to play ball with them for a bit but still was strongly opposed to them as a couple. With that in mind is entirely possible that Artemis kissing Jason was his way to throw the shippers a bone so to speak. And who knows? Maybe he had changed his mind about the topic back then and now he changed it again.
    Meh. I'll take the bone.

As long as I get my Dark Trinity back someday.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I wouldn’t be so sure that Jason/Artemis is off the table just yet.

Looking back at their interaction this issue, I was getting more of a “Friends with Benefits” vibe from Jason’s & Isabel than I was any romantic ones. Plus with the return of the All-Caste, Ducra, Essence along with the “destroy Penguin from the inside out” thing, I just don’t see much room to develop any serious relationship between them at the moment.

As for Essence, I doubt her relationship with Jason will even be brought up beyond a off-hand comment or 2.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 04-10-2019 at 03:00 PM.

Always Rakzo

Is cool that Lobdell is revisiting some of the old concepts he created for the Red Hood universe like the All-Caste and Isabel, not to mention that I'm really digging what the new cast brings to the table.

Solid art too. Nice read overall.

Isable and Jason might not go anywhere. Their exchange was boiled down to how Jason has changed, and she was bewildered by it rather than pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Isable and Jason might not go anywhere. Their exchange was boiled down to how Jason has changed, and she was bewildered by it rather than pleased.
    Yeah. She looked more like she was expecting some fun and / or adventures, but for a one-time thing, not something more serious. As someone pointed out in Reddit, that felt kind of DoctoWho-ish (because the companions feet that way, usually).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I thought Isabel was dead. I liked her, thought she was a sassy girl for Jason.