Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thanos vs Hela

Astonishing Member

Hela crushed Mjolnir like it was a paper cup and maimed Thor like it was nothing. I'd say that's on the level of curbstomping Hulk. I'd give her good odds against a stone-less Thanos at least

Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    They have no feats of hurting someone who casually trounced the Hulk and ignored Thor.
    I am not sold on her actually causing him any harm at all. He handled hits from Hulk even easier than Thor did, by a lot actually, and her thrown blades have no feats of harming anyone near Thor's level.
    ...we just gonna sit here and argue that her "thrown blades" are somehow intrinsically different from blades she chooses NOT to throw? Because that is pure nonsense. She makes blades capable of shredding Thor, tearing his eye out and shanking huge gashes into Surtur.

Those blades that hit Surtur were /thrown/ btw
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Had but did not use those stones.
    Specifically, every time he actually used the stones he had to close his hand (thus the whole scene with the cape) and they were glowing.
    That Iron Man is nothing at all like any previous one we have scene and is not a feat for Hela.

As for Surtur, he literally did no damage to Hulk he just knocked him away.
    Hulk actually moved Surtur more than Thor did when he hit Thanos with a two-handed hit in the face with a weapon.
    Hulk also broke pieces of Surtur off, way more than Hulk was doing to Thanos.
    Also, those blades came out of the water and were part of a big ship-looking-thing that was definitely nothing Hela summoned or used before and could very well have been a secret weapon that was part of Asgard and not anything she has on her person.

Tons of issues wrong with this.
    Okay, let's put this another way....

Hela crushed Mjolnir with one hand (and was undoubtedly no longer "worthy" of it, so that argument doesn't exist). Simply put, that's considerably more raw power than Thanos showed. Yeah, he beat up Hulk, but Hulk couldn't budge Mjolnir and Thanos hardly crushed him to smithereens.

There's a lot of ABC logic there, but Hela did more damage to Mjolnir, with less effort, than Thanos did to Hulk - and Mjolnir >>>>>> Hulk.

And until Thanos shows Mjolnir crushing strength, Hela is essentially his physical superior, with esoteric powers on top of that, which he doesn't have.

I simply can't see any argument that would suggest a stone-free Thanos can defeat her.

Astonishing Member

And it's not like Thanos was the first person to ever beat down the Hulk. Thor was in the process of trouncing him quite soundly in Ragnarok before Grandmaster interfered.

Had but did not use those stones.
    Specifically, every time he actually used the stones he had to close his hand
    That's true but I'm of the opinion the stones power ups just don't go away once he unclosed he's hand so let's say he used the power stone to give him self super strong he was probably super strong the whole movie.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    That's true but I'm of the opinion the stones power ups just don't go away once he unclosed he's hand so let's say he used the power stone to give him self super strong he was probably super strong the whole movie.
    Was Thanos' fist closed the whole time when he used the Reality Gem on Knowhere or at Titan when speaking to Dr Strange?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    The very first thing that happens when he puts any of the stones into the gauntlet is that he absorbs its power.

Ronan was more powerful in general once he had the Power Stone - as were the Guardians when they collectively wielded it.

For me, Thanos IS more powerful just by having them on his person. The fist-closing came when using them for more specific purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    The very first thing that happens when he puts any of the stones into the gauntlet is that he absorbs its power.

Ronan was more powerful in general once he had the Power Stone - as were the Guardians when they collectively wielded it.

For me, Thanos IS more powerful just by having them on his person. The fist-closing came when using them for more specific purposes.
    That's a good point I agree.

BANNED

How would a nuke kill her in three, she was basically unkillsble except for surter...and she took out an army better then Thanos army imo.

BANNED

I think the dvd commentary said this was the reason, he didn’t want the universes strongest beings after him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    How would a nuke kill her in three, she was basically unkillsble except for surter...and she took out an army better then Thanos army imo.
    Who said a nuke would kill her?

Oh, you mean Power Stone "nuking"? That is well in excess of any damage she took. Should do the trick. It has feats for wiping out the surface of a planet and a moon.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Round 1: Hela

- She crushed Mjolnir. It was forged from a Dying Star. She was strong enough to catch the hammer thrown from Thor, crushed it, and even the blast didn't do anything to her.
    - Hela casually killed a large amount of Asgardians

Without the Stones, I don't see Thanos winning

Round 2: Thanos

Stormbreaker was crafted from the same dwarf who made the gauntlet. Thor had a weapon to counter the gauntlet. Those Stones have the power to wipe out half of life in the Universe with a snap. Hela is done for.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Who said a nuke would kill her?.
    She really didn't show survive a Nuke level of power did she? So a Nuke would probably kill her.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Surtur made literally no effort to actually hurt Hulk. He just picked him up and tossed him away like he was nothing.
    Hulk had way more momentum in his instance that Thor had in his, and Thor was quite obviously way more beat up and tired than Hulk was.
    Hulk didn't break off any pieces, he just kinda made dents in Surtur's crown/horns.
    Hela's whole thing was creating blades out of nothing and the stronger she got the more powerful and larger blades she could create, and she is clearly in control of the giant blade that she rams into Surtur. Claiming that it's some kind of never before mentioned secret Asgardian weapon with no actual evidence to support that is silly.
    Which proves my point that slapping Hulk away is not a feat at all except that he can move the weight of The Hulk.

And if you want to call it silly, that is all on you.
    Proof that she could create such blades without pulling something out of the waters of Asgard?
    Show me where she did it any time other than this in the movie?

Incredible Member

Crushing Mjilnor is a good feat, sure.
    But strangely enough, it was specifically enchanted by Odin. Odin, whose magic had just failed (thus she was free) because he died... So breaking it? Probably nothing more than breaking a hammer to be honest. The magic would have left much the same as his magic stopping her from coming back.
    Nothing else at any point of the movie puts her on the level of Thanos and nothing even hints that she has that kind of power except by her own claims.

And again, those blades... I am willing to accept that she has those on her person at all times if anyone can show me where she uses them without riding up out of the water without specifically pulling a gigantic ship-like thing with her?
    Nothing else is even close to showing her power on the level being claimed her.