Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thanos vs Hela

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    Okay, let's put this another way....

Hela crushed Mjolnir with one hand (and was undoubtedly no longer "worthy" of it, so that argument doesn't exist). Simply put, that's considerably more raw power than Thanos showed. Yeah, he beat up Hulk, but Hulk couldn't budge Mjolnir and Thanos hardly crushed him to smithereens.

There's a lot of ABC logic there, but Hela did more damage to Mjolnir, with less effort, than Thanos did to Hulk - and Mjolnir >>>>>> Hulk.

And until Thanos shows Mjolnir crushing strength, Hela is essentially his physical superior, with esoteric powers on top of that, which he doesn't have.

I simply can't see any argument that would suggest a stone-free Thanos can defeat her.
    I already answered the Mjilnor part before I got to this comment. I am not buying it. Odin's magic failed when he died. Thus, the hammer failed as well.
    As for Thanos, he was literally toying with Hulk. It was a fun game and took no effort.
    Hela had a lot more trouble with Thor (before the power-up) than Thanos had with Hulk.

Incredible Member

https://youtu.be/I2isbrbmP7g?t=120

Specifically, a gigantic ship thing comes out of the ground with Hela on it.
    She never actually throws anything. She directs blades coming from the ship.
    None of which actually do anything to Surtur except pierce his... skin? but he ignores them quite handily.
    Nothing here is anything like anything she did before.

The only enchantment Odin put on Mjolnir was the worthiness one. The rest of it is a result of dwarven star forging just like Stormbreaker.

Also that huge hunk of spikes is hardly a ship. It's her desperate last ditch attempt to create a weapon (that's her power... creating weapons) strong enough to kill Surtur. Her powers were only every growing in the film. She gets stronger the longer she's on asgard.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Was the Power Stone glowing when Thanos tore the Mind Stone out of Vision's Vibranium skull like it was a paper cup?

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Was the Power Stone glowing when Thanos tore the Mind Stone out of Vision's Vibranium skull like it was a paper cup?
    No. *dances the dance of limits*
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    Proof that she could create such blades without pulling something out of the waters of Asgard?
    What were did you get this from that's not how her powers wrok as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    What were did you get this from that's not how her powers wrok as far as I know.
    It's not how her powers work, don't worry lol.
    - big_adventure

None of which actually do anything to Surtur except pierce his... skin? but he ignores them quite handily.
    Sweet Odin, Surtur is huge compared to the ship. That ship was dwarfed by Thanos' own vessel, but that also means that Surtur is likely taller than Thanos vessel, too.

Extraordinary Member

Which proves my point that slapping Hulk away is not a feat at all except that he can move the weight of The Hulk.
    My point was that Surtur didn't hit the Hulk with anything. Rather he just picked him up and tossed him aside.
    And if you want to call it silly, that is all on you.
    Proof that she could create such blades without pulling something out of the waters of Asgard?
    Show me where she did it any time other than this in the movie?
    She does it to stop the refugee ship from going anywhere.

That's a bunch of blades cobbled together into a giant platform for her to stand. Hela's power is to create blades from nothing, she gets stronger the longer she's on Asgard and can create larger blades (again like when she stopped the refugee ship). This is her at her most powerful in the movie and she's had a few minutes since getting knocked into the water to create this thing. It makes perfect sense that she's been able to create this large structure that she's now clearly controlling.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    The only enchantment Odin put on Mjolnir was the worthiness one. The rest of it is a result of dwarven star forging just like Stormbreaker.
    Beat me to it.

Plus, there was nothing suggesting the worthiness enchantment on Mjolnir was reliant on Odin being alive - and that's never been a thing in any source of media, as far as I'm aware (certainly not in Marvel). If it required Odin's constant effort, then surely the enchantment would have at least weakened when he was in the Odinsleep or when he was depowered and sent to live in a retirement home (Narrator: "It didn't weaken").

Hela's imprisonment was tied to Odin's very life-force - it's a completely separate issue.

As for the blades thing, IF we're saying Hela used the ship thing to make the big blades (she didn't - and there's literally nothing suggesting she needed something "from the waters of Asgard"), then why couldn't she also use whatever environment she was in to do the same thing? i.e. against Thanos, in the arena, why couldn't she just use the arena floor to make blades of a similar size?

Incredible Member

I love the excessive amounts of ignoring what actually happened in the film to tell a specific narrative that is against everything shown in the film.
    Specifically, where in the movie did she use anything similar to the blades that came from an outside object prior to this?
    And no, she cannot create them out of any environment she is a part of.
    She pulled the thing out of the waters in Asgard.
    There is no proof she can do so anywhere else because it was not part of her. It was something on Asgard. Just like everything else she went there to get. She clearly does not have limitless powers simply because a few people say she does.

As for specific things:

She does it to stop the refugee ship from going anywhere.
    Yet, unlike every other time she creates blades, that one comes from the water. Notice the difference here?

That's a bunch of blades cobbled together into a giant platform for her to stand. Hela's power is to create blades from nothing, she gets stronger the longer she's on Asgard and can create larger blades (again like when she stopped the refugee ship). This is her at her most powerful in the movie and she's had a few minutes since getting knocked into the water to create this thing. It makes perfect sense that she's been able to create this large structure that she's now clearly controlling.
    That is not a bunch of blades.
    It looks like something with big blades and/or spikes coming out of it but it is not like the Iron Throne. It actually has a flat front to it with different angles like a ship or some building or device would.

Sweet Odin, Surtur is huge compared to the ship. That ship was dwarfed by Thanos' own vessel, but that also means that Surtur is likely taller than Thanos vessel, too.
    Yeah... Surtur was huge. But it makes sense since he was supposed to destroy Asgard.

Actually, I am saying the opposite.
    Specifically, I am saying she used an outside device (because she did).
    Nothing supports that she can do this herself, including that I posted videos disprove everything that was claimed about her in several scenes.

Nope.
    And just more proof that Thanos is physically stronger than her or just about anything else we have ever seen, even without the Stones.
    Specifically, there are multiple references in the movie about how he cannot use the Stones without closing his fist. So much so that there is an entire fight based around that idea.

The only reason it came shooting out of the water is because she needed an anchor point to hold the ship. Therefore she grew her weapon out of the ground to hold it in place. Again, she needed to ride towards Surtur so she started growing a huge weapon that was locked in place.

Her power is "create weapons". She was creating a weapon to fight Surtur. This is the most obvious interpretation as opposed to inane thoughts about "well clearly it's a super weapon she had stashed away conveniently right at this piece of bridge she fell down from via lightning. Nevermind She never mentioned it. Nevermind She already showed us her gathering her superweapons like Fenris, the army and the Flame. Obviously and with no context or narration to support it, she had a hidden super weapon riiiight here"

She makes weapons! She was riding a giant jagged weapon!

Also, I guess you concede the Mjolnir point?
    - big_adventure

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    The only reason it came shooting out of the water is because she needed an anchor point to hold the ship. Therefore she grew her weapon out of the ground to hold it in place. Again, she needed to ride towards Surtur so she started growing a huge weapon that was locked in place.

Her power is "create weapons". She was creating a weapon to fight Surtur. This is the most obvious interpretation as opposed to inane thoughts about "well clearly it's a super weapon she had stashed away conveniently right at this piece of bridge she fell down from via lightning. Nevermind She never mentioned it. Nevermind She already showed us her gathering her superweapons like Fenris, the army and the Flame. Obviously and with no context or narration to support it, she had a hidden super weapon riiiight here"

She makes weapons! She was riding a giant jagged weapon!

Also, I guess you concede the Mjolnir point?
    Nope.
    I have posted video proof of everything I claimed here and cited the movie.
    At this point, anyone can believe what they want.
    The evidence is evident in the movies, including his power-ups such as being able to casually destroy the BiFrost while in that fight compared to the first movie where he has to pound away with Mjilnor.
    There is no evidence of almost anything being claimed that she can do considering that specifically, on screen, we see something rise out of the waters compared to every other time in the movie where it is created out of thin air.
    Why would she get a pass on doing something she has never done before when it was deliberately done a different way this time?

As for Mjolnir... Nah, I am not convinced of that either.
    But again, anyone is free to believe what they want.
    A specific narrative is being forced here with no evidence to support it and in spite of the evidence that I have posted and the movies that I have referenced.

If anyone has proof in the movies that she can do these things outside of this context, I would love to see it.
    Otherwise, I am fine with what I have provided here.

Extraordinary Member

Yet, unlike every other time she creates blades, that one comes from the water. Notice the difference here?
    Not really. She's just gotten strong enough to create blades from a distance without them needing to come from here.
    That is not a bunch of blades.
    It looks like something with big blades and/or spikes coming out of it but it is not like the Iron Throne. It actually has a flat front to it with different angles like a ship or some building or device would.
    It's a bunch of blades, and spikey pointy things that she created, and she made it so that she could stand on it while attacking Surtur. This is all well within the realm of her abilities at that point in the movie.
    Actually, I am saying the opposite.
    Specifically, I am saying she used an outside device (because she did).
    Nothing supports that she can do this herself, including that I posted videos disprove everything that was claimed about her in several scenes.
    The video proves nothing of what you've claimed.

The movie established two specific things about Hela's power set, besides that she's generally stronger than Thor. One is that she can create and shoot blades at people. The other is that she gets stronger the longer she is on Asgard. From a narrative standpoint it makes perfect sense that she eventually gets to the point where she can create blades the size of large structure and with more complex designs. This is all grounded in the things that is established about the character in the one movie she is in.

You're saying that she used a random ship/device hidden away in the waters of Asgard that was never mentioned or shown in any of the MCU movies. That makes no sense at all. If they'd thrown in a line like Hela yelling "I will use this hidden Asgardian weapon to kill you!" or Valkyrie saying something like "She's found Asgard's secret weapon for the end days." Or anything like that you would have something to back up your claim. But there is no such line and it would be a really weird thing to just thrown in there without any explanation.

Nope.
    I have posted video proof of everything I claimed here and cited the movie.
    At this point, anyone can believe what they want.
    The evidence is evident in the movies, including his power-ups such as being able to casually destroy the BiFrost while in that fight compared to the first movie where he has to pound away with Mjilnor.
    There is no evidence of almost anything being claimed that she can do considering that specifically, on screen, we see something rise out of the waters compared to every other time in the movie where it is created out of thin air.
    Why would she get a pass on doing something she has never done before when it was deliberately done a different way this time?

As for Mjolnir... Nah, I am not convinced of that either.
    But again, anyone is free to believe what they want.
    A specific narrative is being forced here with no evidence to support it and in spite of the evidence that I have posted and the movies that I have referenced.

If anyone has proof in the movies that she can do these things outside of this context, I would love to see it.
    Otherwise, I am fine with what I have provided here.
    It’s you who needs to prove that the “ship” thing was limited to that location and those circumstances, because there is literally nothing in the movie suggesting that’s the case. Not. One. Thing. You’ve made it up.

I mean, I could suddenly say “Tony Stark only survived being stabbed by Thanos because of the atmosphere on Titan, prove otherwise”. Doesn’t make it true. But it’s the only time Tony Stark survived a stabbing, so it must be, right?

Hela only did that in those circumstances because it was the only time she needed to, because it was the only time she was a) in water and b) fighting a 200+ foot tall Fire Demon.

Prove What you’re saying, or drop it. That’s what Rumbles is about.
    Last edited by KJS; 04-10-2019 at 11:28 AM.