Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Detective Comics #1001 preview

https://fansided.com/2019/04/08/dete...arkham-knight/

Seems to spoil the final page, which is weird.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

He killed the BATS? I think that is STUPID show that you are one Anti-Batman like that..

Arkham doors will be open soon for another crazy man.. I can´t see the Joker losing the time killing bats..

I am surprised to see the last page too.
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-08-2019 at 01:09 PM.

Fantastic Member

...It's not going to happen, but I would love to see Arkham Knight taken down by the Fish and Wildlife Service. They don't mess around, have high conviction rates with low successful appeals, and when they throw the book at someone it's heavy and near permanent. We're talking fifty years, no chance of parole plus fines here as some of those bats would have been endangered species. Plus there's the economic and environmental impacts of eliminating most of the bats in an area.

Considering that people, including teenagers, have gotten up to ten years for starting fires in known bat caves and damaging the colonies of non endangered bats in various states, think about how furious the biologists, ecologists, agriculturalists, environmentalists, and conservationists would be. Not the pseudo ones like Poison Ivy and Selina, but the hard core ones. It would be absolutely hysterical, real world accurate, and fantastic if this story ends with the Park Service, Fish and Game, Fish and Wildlife, the FBI, and the USDA descending upon Gotham in righteousness fury to drag the Arkham Knight and Friends off to federal prison in Fort Levenworth for the wanton destruction of all of Gotham's non human bats.

Besides, didn't Kate kill almost all of Gotham's bats at the end of Batwoman? Where there that many sky puppies left to murder?

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    Besides, didn't Kate kill almost all of Gotham's bats at the end of Batwoman? Where there that many sky puppies left to murder?
    Those bats weren't native to Gotham.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Bat-kun! Bat-chan! NO!

when is this story even taking place? I don't think Bruce and Gordon are very chummy at the moment, last I remember Jim was destroying the bat signal after Batman punched him and was overall being too violent and coming off as unhinged , shaking Gordon's trust in him..

also, if Arkham Knight's first "move" against Batman is to kill all the bats, he is fast losing my interest in him...

somehow I don't think the last page is the actual story ending (maybe more like what Arkham dreams of happening soon) but who knows... I think AK vs Bats is supposed to last a few issues, no?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Those bats weren't native to Gotham.
    It's still terrible she killed them instead of contacting conservation groups and Fish and Wildlife. Even with the plague they were infected with it's unlikely that the bats would have infected humans or other animals. Bats are carriers for most of the deadliest viruses known to man including rabies, SARS, Ebola, and those terrifying ones that no one talks about in Southeast Asia and Australia. Despite this, and some species of bats being willing to live in close contact with humans, they rarely spread diseases to humans. For the most part the only way to contract a disease from a bat is by eating them. That was identified as what caused the SARS outbreak, most of the Ebola outbreaks, and the NIPA outbreak. Otherwise you could have bats infected with any of the horrific diseases they carry living in your house and never be in danger unless, of course, you or one of your pets decides to eat the tasty little sky snacks.

Beyond that bats, unlike feral cats, rats, dogs, goats, mice, mosquitos, or other animals and plants humans introduce to a region, don't become destructive invasive species. They don't crowd out native species. They make friends with the locals, find an unoccupied niche and fill it. They're inherently good critters, even the vampire bats. There's no good reason to kill bats, unless they have an injury that would prevent them from flying again, appear sick, or you're really hungry and want to start an epidemic after eating one of nature's most delicious animals.

It's still terrible she killed them instead of contacting conservation groups and Fish and Wildlife.
    What could they possibly have done to contain an entire swarm? And in a timely manner? Yeah, no.

Even with the plague they were infected with it's unlikely that the bats would have infected humans or other animals.
    The plague virus could be spread by air. They didn't strictly need to actually bite people. Incinerating the swarm was the best option.

...It's not going to happen, but I would love to see Arkham Knight taken down by the Fish and Wildlife Service. They don't mess around, have high conviction rates with low successful appeals, and when they throw the book at someone it's heavy and near permanent. We're talking fifty years, no chance of parole plus fines here as some of those bats would have been endangered species. Plus there's the economic and environmental impacts of eliminating most of the bats in an area.

Considering that people, including teenagers, have gotten up to ten years for starting fires in known bat caves and damaging the colonies of non endangered bats in various states, think about how furious the biologists, ecologists, agriculturalists, environmentalists, and conservationists would be. Not the pseudo ones like Poison Ivy and Selina, but the hard core ones. It would be absolutely hysterical, real world accurate, and fantastic if this story ends with the Park Service, Fish and Game, Fish and Wildlife, the FBI, and the USDA descending upon Gotham in righteousness fury to drag the Arkham Knight and Friends off to federal prison in Fort Levenworth for the wanton destruction of all of Gotham's non human bats.
    INTERESTING.. Maybe he will end in BLACKGATE but...

I think that this crazy hate for the bats will make him end in Arkham with the rest of Bat-crazy villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post
    when is this story even taking place? I don't think Bruce and Gordon are very chummy at the moment, last I remember Jim was destroying the bat signal after Batman punched him and was overall being too violent and coming off as unhinged , shaking Gordon's trust in him..

also, if Arkham Knight's first "move" against Batman is to kill all the bats, he is fast losing my interest in him...

somehow I don't think the last page is the actual story ending (maybe more like what Arkham dreams of happening soon) but who knows... I think AK vs Bats is supposed to last a few issues, no?
    Detective takes place in a universe where Tom King doesn't exist.

Kind of sad Mankhe is not on the book anymore.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post

King’s Batman happens pre-Doomsday Clock, Det 1001 and beyond occurs post Doomsday Clock. Thts my head cannon and I’m sticking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    King’s Batman happens pre-Doomsday Clock, Det 1001 and beyond occurs post Doomsday Clock. Thts my head cannon and I’m sticking to it.
    Doesn't Batman get a new costume during the Doomsday Clock and three Jokers stories?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Tom King take note this is how you write Batman. Great solid start to the AK arc.

Cool start with some great art, though I'm not feeling Batman's cowl. I'm interested to see just how different the Arkham Knight will be to his counterpart in the videogame
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Detective takes place in a universe where Tom King doesn't exist.

Kind of sad Mankhe is not on the book anymore.
    That’s a world I’d like to live in too.