Page 32 of 434 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I've always been curious to try it out... Would you recommend starting with the manga or with the anime?
    Though not directed at me, a suggestion.

As a person who likes both, a manga will give you more detail into the characters far as author intent. Anime, can leave things out, or take their own liberties with lots of filler.

Like some of my favorite manga characters were completely different in the anime. And usually not for the best. lol

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Though not directed at me, a suggestion.

As a person who likes both, a manga will give you more detail into the characters far as author intent. Anime, can leave things out, or take their own liberties with lots of filler.

Like some of my favorite manga characters were completely different in the anime. And usually not for the best. lol
    I think I have my answer then... thanks!!!

BANNED

I've always been curious to try it out... Would you recommend starting with the manga or with the anime?
    One of the rare times I'll say the anime is better. Horikoshi's action sequences can be difficult to follow at times. The anime airs in seasons rather than the typical weekly installment all year, so its production values are much higher and it has a killer soundtrack.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    One of the rare times I'll say the anime is better. Horikoshi's action sequences can be difficult to follow at times. The anime airs in seasons rather than the typical weekly installment all year, so its production values are much higher and it has a killer soundtrack.
    Thanks Maestroneto. I think I might give the first tankobon a try as well as the first few episodes, and see how I like both!

BANNED

Thanks Maestroneto. I think I might give the first tankobon a try as well as the first few episodes, and see how I like both!
    Good idea. That's what I did too (though for a different reason: there's dozens of characters and going through the early stuff twice allowed me to memorize them better lol)

Noticed something that could wind up amounting to nothing, but thought it was worth a mention.

On the second page of the Age Of X-Man: Marvelous X-Men #4 preview, there is a blond male that they clock because he is wearing an En Sabah Nur eye mark. While it could just be a coincidence, his haircut does sort of resemble the blond male on the cover of Powers Of X #1.

Comic Geek in General

Maybe this is a possible future......only because right now things are looking grim for the X-Men and Mutants in general......with the vaccine, ONE ramping up Anti Mutant operations......unless this is a time jump from Uncanny #22, or the dreaded dream that Xavier has thanks to Xandra.......maybe how to proceed.......

( in response to the Jordan Whites comments on Scott and Jean’s marriage .....there is the chance of re marriage, even by a ordained officiant, like say Captain America or some other non Mutant who isn’t presumed dead, or sovereign ruler like say, Black Panther.......and can we have more than two married couples in Marvel? He also said of the two telepaths, he prefers Jean being with Scott....)

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post

( in response to the Jordan Whites comments on Scott and Jean’s marriage .....there is the chance of re marriage, even by a ordained officiant, like say Captain America or some other non Mutant who isn’t presumed dead, or sovereign ruler like say, Black Panther.......and can we have more than two married couples in Marvel? He also said of the two telepaths, he prefers Jean being with Scott....)
    Marvel isn't interested in marriage in general. It would also be weird for them to just get married- less so for Jean, but Scott has been away from her for years and had a serious relationship in the mean time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Marvel isn't interested in marriage in general. It would also be weird for them to just get married- less so for Jean, but Scott has been away from her for years and had a serious relationship in the mean time.
    Marvel isn’t interested in Marriage because most of there writers don’t understand the concept of a long monogamous relationship.

People come back again, even after serious relationships.

But Jean deserve to be on her own and Scott has very little to offer to her

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    People come back again, even after serious relationships.

But Jean deserve to be on her own and Scott has very little to offer to her
    Yup. According to UXM writer He has nothing to offer anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Retcon View Post
    Yup. According to UXM writer He has nothing to offer anyone.
    According to Rosenberg's writing, Scott is the worst person in the history of the Marvel Universe. He's so bad he led the X-men to ruin despite the fact he had been dead for a long time, and is absolutely incompetent in a fight. Also, he's so terrible of a person that his granddaughter maims him, shows no regrets, and we're supposed to be rooting for her.

According to Rosenberg's writing, Scott is the worst person in the history of the Marvel Universe. He's so bad he led the X-men to ruin despite the fact he had been dead for a long time, and is absolutely incompetent in a fight. Also, he's so terrible of a person that his granddaughter maims him, shows no regrets, and we're supposed to be rooting for her.
    You mean editorial thinks this about Scott. They are the real villains behind the X-Men's despair.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    You mean editorial thinks this about Scott. They are the real villains behind the X-Men's despair.
    Sure, they are partially to blame, but I doubt editorial told Rosenberg to have Scott lose an eye by his own granddaughter and have her be a psychopath about it.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Imy hero academia has been out 5 years. In that time it got a anime after 18 months, a spin off at 2.5 years in publication (vigilantly did 5.5 million)and just past 22 million in sales last year.(that year had 4 new volumes for the main series only but a far cry one one piece just missing 13 billion). All due aggressive marketing and the lowest ease of entry possible. There are TV ads for ever volume of a manga volume with voice acting to promote new manga releases. Marvel should do that with comics.
    Hm, please elaborate further. Or anyone with more insight on these matters related to animation and Marvel or Western comic companies in general. What I mean is why don't comic-books adopt manga/anime formats?

The only thing I can think is market, and sustainability, but again I'm unfamiliar with these sorts of matters.