Page 428 of 434 FirstFirst ... 328378418424425426427428429430431432 ... LastLast
Results 6,406 to 6,420 of 6499

Hickman has merged Poke-man's pantheon of pokemon-heoes with ron Moore's BSG cylons - not bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    My head canon is always going to be that between IvX and the end of Mothervine, Emma was a bit crazy after all seeing Scott die and all the kids die on Muir Island. It made her obsessed to find a way to save mutants. Then she finally got better and started back on the road to recovery.
    That's not headcanon AFAIC, it's what literally was written and portrayed lol. Even the worst stuff made the motive behind Emma's turn clear, and it's why she was so easily rehabbed from it (in addition to her continued long-term popularity).

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Bishop crimes are still pretty unjustifiably dude. It was characther derailment, but it still happened. Reallistically he shouldn't Captain of nothing.
    Sure it happened, but if everyone can see that it is character derailment, it is because the development is wrong.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-19-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Sure it happened, but if everyone can see that it is character derailment, it is because the development is wrong.
    Which is why writers should correct it or retcon it, but they didn't. To this day Lucas has the blood of hundreds of innocents in his hands and no much had been doing to fix that.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    So basically death has no consequence. Any mutant who dies can be resurrected and if the world is going to hell then Moira can die and things can start over again.
    This is comic books. Death having any consequences flew out the window decades ago.

Hickman just put a post-human spin on resurrecting dead mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Which is why writers should correct it or retcon it, but they didn't. To this day Lucas has the blood of hundreds of innocents in his hands and no much had been doing to fix that.
    I don't think any writer really care about this. some charactre just did equally awful and didn't need any redemption story for fans accept.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-19-2019 at 07:39 PM.

BANNED

Do you care?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    So basically death has no consequence. Any mutant who dies can be resurrected and if the world is going to hell then Moira can die and things can start over again.
    Actually I'm glad that death has no consequence at least now I can divorce myself from having to pick a side and enjoy the weirdness of the conflict.

Spectacular Member

i couldn't resist retweeting this

Capture.jpg

Spectacular Member

When Mystique said she was "turned around" on The Forge:

> was she literally turned around to somehow betray Krakoa?

> did she plant a black seed to open an undetectable portal to a No Place hub?

> did she leave a Shiar logic diamond for Dr Gregor to find (thus paving the way for Erasmus to return)?

Spectacular Member

Cerebro's been retconned to record the entire consciousness, i.e. every secret thought, of mutants. How is this possible for those shielded from mindreaders, e.g. powerful telepaths, Magneto and Juggernaut with their helmets on, etc?

If Cerebro can overcome those TP shields, then Chuck's database contains every mutants' deepest secrets, incl. every detail of Moira's 9 past lives, what Mystique did on the Forge, what Apoc's brooding over, how Scott really feels about Logan, ...

"They ain't dead if we don't see the bodies" - What If:
    > Scott after being paralysed by nanites merely had his glasses broken?
    > Logan had jumped into Mothermold's mouth and both were picked up by the returning sentinels?
    > Jean, Monet & Raven were all captured alive?

Spectacular Member

Krakoa was never able to grow teleportation doors. Xavier and Doug had to go by plane at first.

Did this new power (and maybe the new drugs) arise from the TO Virus with which Doug infected Krakoa?

And did Xavier save a (literal) backdoor with the creation of No Place hubs undetectable by Krakoa?

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

On a random note, I do miss Emma throwing "psi-spears" aka her "telepathy used for offense" being visualized in comic art as a projectile streaking to the target. Nowadays it's sort of instantaneous.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    On a random note, I do miss Emma throwing "psi-spears" aka her "telepathy used for offense" being visualized in comic art as a projectile streaking to the target. Nowadays it's sort of instantaneous.
    I think it was done to show that she only has TP, since some readers thought she was using TK weapons like Betsy or QQQ.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

But even in old art TPaths were visualized, when using their powers, as having at least psychedelic light displays on their foreheads that make "Gundam" Newtype flashes feel woefully inadequate. That was not an exclusive quality to TKinetics. The day they dropped that for Tpaths made their powers IMO feel less flashy.

Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.