Page 425 of 434 FirstFirst ... 325375415421422423424425426427428429 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,375 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Well, in short, when a TV starlet is realizing she is being left to die because her guardian has a copy of her, she naturally decides that herself dying and being copied isnt the same thing as her staying alive. This story treats such a situation as if no one would think that way when, really, everyone would.
    Okay, gotcha.

I don’t think that any of the characters have acted like death isn’t a big deal. Quite the opposite, really. They were scared to die and did everything they could to avoid it. When Husk and Archangel died, they didn't just shrug. When Wolverine and Nightcrawler decided to make their sacrifice, they talk about the possibility that there wouldn’t be an afterlife.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Okay, gotcha.

I don’t think that any of the characters have acted like death isn’t a big deal. Quite the opposite, really. They were scared to die and did everything they could to avoid it. When Husk and Archangel died, they didn't just shrug. When Wolverine and Nightcrawler decided to make their sacrifice, they talk about the possibility that there wouldn’t be an afterlife.
    Even though they've both been to one. lol Wolverine has been to Hell and Kurt has been to Heaven. Sounds about right. lol But I guess Xavier didn't download those memories.

Then again, given new status quo, who knows how many past stories & arcs are still in canon.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-17-2019 at 09:03 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I guess readers really resonated with Scott/Jean/Logan pairing according to sales.
    Pair means two lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Okay, gotcha.

Would you want your loved ones creating a new you even when you couldn't help being dead?

Your experiences end either way, there would just be some other instance of existence that happens to act exactly like you did when you were alive.

We already know the original soul goes back into the body, why do we have to keep talking in circles over hypotheticals that have no relevance to the book’s contents?

Without getting into that recent discussion of they "How?"/"Acceptable?" angle of the Five being able to bring mutants back, Mikhail Rasputin.

That fellow is a pretty interesting corner of the current lay of the land.

- Can they assume he has actually died?
    - Is there a genetic sample of Mikhail out there?
    - Is there an even remotely sane version of Mikhail that they could raise?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Without getting into that recent discussion of they "How?"/"Acceptable?" angle of the Five being able to bring mutants back, Mikhail Rasputin.

That fellow is a pretty interesting corner of the current lay of the land.

- Can they assume he has actually died?
    - Is there a genetic sample of Mikhail out there?
    - Is there an even remotely sane version of Mikhail that they could raise?
    He's been MIA for over a month so he'd be eligible to be brought back under the current criteria.
    Sinister has a sample of every mutant
    They have more insane and unstable mutants on Krakoa (Proteus, Selene, Emplate, etc...). I dont think he's among the worst

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He's been MIA for over a month so he'd be eligible to be brought back under the current criteria.
    Sinister has a sample of every mutant
    They have more insane and unstable mutants on Krakoa (Proteus, Selene, Emplate, etc...). I dont think he's among the worst
    There's the rub - how many mutants have been MIA but still alive well after a period of one month (or even years)? How is the resurrection protocol not going to sometimes inadvertently create clones of living mutants, with outdated memories and no soul? (This reminds me of Layla Miller and her power to bring back the dead albeit without their souls.)

Spectacular Member

Speaking of whom, I found this - a precursor to our Moira X?

Capture.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Would you want your loved ones creating a new you even when you couldn't help being dead?

Your experiences end either way, there would just be some other instance of existence that happens to act exactly like you did when you were alive.
    Here’s a thought. What if the reality we perceive is not in continuous time. What if time is sliced up and each slice obeys set rules based on the previous slice, like cellular automata.

In other words can you be positive that you are the same person you were 1 second ago. You may not be. We may be a continuing sequence of copies and in essence copying someone would be no different to allowing the fundamental laws of reality to copy us.

But, add the concept of a soul to the mix and that becomes the continuous aspect. The thing that defines us. I mean I don’t believe in souls so they don’t comfort me, but the MU specifically has souls and where that soul resides is what defines whether a person is ‘just a copy’ or the ‘real person’.

If there were no souls in the MU why would we care about copies? If like me you don’t believe in the soul why worry?
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-18-2019 at 02:37 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesslow View Post
    Speaking of whom, I found this - a precursor to our Moira X?

Capture.jpg
    I was thinking about Layla too! She's got a 80 years worthof knowledge so she's probably welcome on Krakoa since Homo Novissima will happen further in the future.

C2200671-4CEA-4603-8F55-412866E91991.jpg

The book we don’t deserve.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

What's important is that we do get it!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

This is how Adam- the X-Treme can still win.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    This is how Adam- the X-Treme can still win.
    First arc: Lifeguard’s return.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!