Page 380 of 434 FirstFirst ... 280330370376377378379380381382383384390430 ... LastLast
Results 5,686 to 5,700 of 6499
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I hope nobody's expecting Blindfold's suicide at the beginning of Rosenberg's run to get undone?
    spoilers:
    Precogs are banned from Krakoa.
    end of spoilers
    it must have been a Hickman request (killing her)

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

My that's quite the nihilistic pessimism you have there Moira...

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

That last line partially explains Onslaught, actually.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    That last line partially explains Onslaught, actually.
    That entire entry could theoretically pin all of Xavier's misdeeds over the years on Moira.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I hope nobody's expecting Blindfold's suicide at the beginning of Rosenberg's run to get undone?
    spoilers:
    Precogs are banned from Krakoa.
    end of spoilers
    I'm sure this didn't go over well with Mystique.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

My lord, I just love how meta parts of these two series have been. Powers of X #6 is is just ridiculous. Moira is Hickman himself, who has seen all the shitty futures for mutants, and lived through entirely too many of them. But now she has stopped trying to live in the nostalgia of it all and just retread the old paths (Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse) and has decided to actually CHANGE something. So Moira shows Xavier and Magneto her back issue collection and they get to see just how bad it can get. And they get on board with her plan to do something drastic. Moira shapes them into the perfect players for her game, the perfect tools for an imperfect world. A sledgehammer reshaping metal. And now, violent and forced reconstruction finished, she steps aside to let the new story play out in the new dynamic.

BANNED

Great finale, I'll ask some questions later today.

Everything about this has been breath-taking. Cannot wait for this NEW AGE of x-men, new enemies, new mythos.

Krakoa forever !

The Moira and Xavier kiss was heartbreaking

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    My lord, I just love how meta parts of these two series have been. Powers of X #6 is is just ridiculous. Moira is Hickman himself, who has seen all the shitty futures for mutants, and lived through entirely too many of them. But now she has stopped trying to live in the nostalgia of it all and just retread the old paths (Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse) and has decided to actually CHANGE something. So Moira shows Xavier and Magneto her back issue collection and they get to see just how bad it can get. And they get on board with her plan to do something drastic. Moira shapes them into the perfect players for her game, the perfect tools for an imperfect world. A sledgehammer reshaping metal. And now, violent and forced reconstruction finished, she steps aside to let the new story play out in the new dynamic.
    I like to think that's Hickman's way of commenting on how the previous X-Men writers of recent times have very repeatedly hammered on the mutants, to the point that Stan and Jack's intentions of having the mutants be treated like real life minorities feel more distant.

At any rate, definitely curious to see how the new volumes play out.

All-New Member

Here’s something that doesn’t make sense - shouldn’t Moira’s sixth life be X2 and ninth life be X3? What she went on to do in life seven, eight, and especially nine dont make sense with the knowledge she gained in life six. What am I missing? life six and nine should be switched seemingly

Niffleheim

The Librarian, Logan and Moira conversation was orgasmic but the revelation of Homo novissima took me over the edge. I love this.

Quote Originally Posted by abarry126 View Post
    Here’s something that doesn’t make sense - shouldn’t Moira’s sixth life be X2 and ninth life be X3? What she went on to do in life seven, eight, and especially nine dont make sense with the knowledge she gained in life six. What am I missing? life six and nine should be switched seemingly
    She stayed alive for over a thousand years in X3 (her sixth life) to find out the end goal of the Man-Machine supremacy. They want to end the world for the chance to join the super black hole intelligences of the Phalanx.

In life 7 she tried hunting down the Trask family to nip the Sentinels in the bud, but they came about anyways, the singularity of artificial intelligence is inevitable.

Life 8 she tried teaming with Magneto

Life 9 she teamed with Apocalypse, and together they formed the X-Men and Krakoa, they gathered as many mutants as they could. They started Sinister's breeding pits and developed the Chimeras. But by X2 (~100 years) the Sentinels and Nimrod still managed to wipe out all of the mutants in the Sol system. So their final mission was to find as much data as they could on the development of Nimrod, when and where it happened, give that data to Moira and kill her to start life 10

And that was the point of the mission in life 10 to attack the Mother Mold, to prevent Nimrod. Or at least delay him for as long as possible

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    She stayed alive for over a thousand years in X3 (her sixth life) to find out the end goal of the Man-Machine supremacy. They want to end the world for the chance to join the super black hole intelligences of the Phalanx.

In life 7 she tried hunting down the Trask family to nip the Sentinels in the bud, but they came about anyways, the singularity of artificial intelligence is inevitable.

Life 8 she tried teaming with Magneto

Life 9 she teamed with Apocalypse, and together they formed the X-Men and Krakoa, they gathered as many mutants as they could. They started Sinister's breeding pits and developed the Chimeras. But by X2 (~100 years) the Sentinels and Nimrod still managed to wipe out all of the mutants in the Sol system. So their final mission was to find as much data as they could on the development of Nimrod, when and where it happened, give that data to Moira and kill her to start life 10

And that was the point of the mission in life 10 to attack the Mother Mold, to prevent Nimrod. Or at least delay him for as long as possible
    I understand all of that, but why was she still trying to prevent the rise of the machines, when she learns in her sixth life that the machines were a distraction from the real threat - augmented humanity. That revelation should have informed all her lives going forward, but in life 7 and especially nine she is still trying to stop the rise of the nimrod. It makes sense if lives 6 and nine are switched, and right after she finds out that humanity is the true enemy, she lives the current 10 life where she gets Magneto and Xavier on board with actively trying to stop humanity, not the machines

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by abarry126 View Post
    I understand all of that, but why was she still trying to prevent the rise of the machines, when she learns in her sixth life that the machines were a distraction from the real threat - augmented humanity. That revelation should have informed all her lives going forward, but in life 7 and especially nine she is still trying to stop the rise of the nimrod. It makes sense if lives 6 and nine are switched, and right after she finds out that humanity is the true enemy, she lives the current 10 life where she gets Magneto and Xavier on board with actively trying to stop humanity, not the machines
    Honestly it seems like a mistake, life six should be life nine and vice versa. it even makes sense from the “powers of ten” perspective -life 6 should have dealt with X2 and life 9 should have been X3