Page 258 of 434 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Like the new xmen for me.
    it’s too late im already mailing the complete collections to you

Default We've already seen different Moira's timelines

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Since HoX and PoX have started you all nave been throwing out theories like rain in a summer thunder storm.
    He's probably not the first one, nor the only one, to come up with speculation along those lines.
    Going by how PoX is written, X0, X1, X10 etc...with X0 being the past and X1 being HoX/present, it's not that big a stretch to think that the futures X100 and X1000 might be one or more of Mioira's lifetimes.
    Yes, that's one of the main theories I've seen.
    What I'm thinking right now, considering that Hickman wanted to make some sense out of the crazy mutant continuity, is: What if several seminal moments of the X-Men are, in fact, from different Moira timelines?
    For example, in one of her earliest timelines, she sees Xavier telling in live TV that he's a mutant, not explaining exactly when that happens. That is the exact same panel as the one of Morrison and Quitely's first issue.
    Other timelines have more information about other moments, like the evolution from the O5 to the Giant-Size ones to the Phoenix Five, but skipping Morrison's, who is, in fact, quite important for Hickman and White, as they had previously said.
    The beginning of Quesada's management was well-know for the isolation from previous stories (New X-Men, X-Statix, etc.), so maybe they could find a way of explaining some inconsistencies using Moira's lifes.
    And combining them all in Moira X, when she and Xavier had recreated all the highglights of everyone of her lifes to manage to get a better future for the mutants.

I am actually having trouble getting to sleep because of my excitement over House of X #3 tomorrow.

I know i never felt like this when i was a kid because tracking releases was harder with dial-up, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    I am actually having trouble getting to sleep because of my excitement over House of X #3 tomorrow.

I know i never felt like this when i was a kid because tracking releases was harder with dial-up, lmao.
    Just as heads up, tomorrow is Powers of X #3.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    People are going to be so disappointed when they realize HoX isn't out until next week lol I don't get it the reading order is at the end of every issue where's the confusion coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    People are going to be so disappointed when they realize HoX isn't out until next week lol I don't get it the reading order is at the end of every issue where's the confusion coming from?
    It's probably a little bit confusing I agree, but IDK I think both HoX and PoX have been quite good, HoX maybe a little better since it focus more on the "present" but PoX is building up the setting quite nicely and according to the spoilers tomorrow is gonna be hype as ****!
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    He isn't. In the Astonishing X-Men arc that had Xavier return as X it explained it, Logan had thought he was in Fantomex's body as well and gutted him and he nearly bled out, because he doesn't have Fantomex's healing/powers/body at all.

He used Proteus's reality warping to reshape Fantomex's body into a rejuvenated version of his own. They made a point of saying it a few times in the story, so he shouldn't have any connection to EVA, or the World, and only has one brain.
    Thanks for the story check. Guess I need to re-read Soules run, (Proteus was in that??? I remember Shadow King and how most of the 6 issues took place in the Astral Plane. I was never convinced it was ACTUALLY Xavier, and if it was, it is a VERY dangerous version of him. Xavier is the kind of character who i do not see handling the fact he died, had his brain highjacked by Red Skull (does he remember any of that?), and when resurrected wasn't he way too casual about the whole Fantomex gave up his body and life for me thing? iI vaguely remember being very creeped out by how it did not seem to bother him one bit. That was a trippy story and I am still not too thrilled with how poorly every writer except Morrison and Remender wrote him, but god damn did those 2 write an awesome character that no other writer understood really. I just feel like Hickman will be bringing The World into all of this soon. Krakoa and the whole Natural side for Mutants now causes The World to have even more significance. Fantomex had hidden it last I knew, but the whole Time Acceleration factor in there plus how the tech and organics had mixed on their own basically as Fantomex just let it run wild.

now for tl;dr stuff below where i just went where the fingers took me.

I need to make a list of the writers and storylines that it LOOKS like Hickman is hitting on. Then create a thread where the front page shows how it appears certain things have been used so far.
    Ex. Clermont with the truly genuine "All-New" level of wonder already generated. Aaron with Krakoa being utilized again (Aarons Wolverine and the X-Men is still one of the best X-Men comics i have ever read, even if there were some stories that just never really coalesced, it was a fun read with some genuinely new ideas. Morrison with the upfront nature they are putting out there about protecting Mutants no matter what, and what i am hoping will be a resurgence of the X-Gene AGAIN (however, having House of M depopulate the mutants to 198 (or whatever the actual number was), then Hope is born......sorry but honestly we are still waiting for more of a payoff other than AvX, whose conclusion restarts the X-Gene, only for the Terrigen Mist to sterilize all mutants (i believe that is still a thing) and thus no more mutants again, but then the clouds were gone so mutants again i guess???? because why else would a vaccine be a part of any X-Men arc, so then they were endangered again..............just for the record, prior to House of M, the Mutant Gene was out there, Mutants were possible, Morrison caused a cool explosion by generating a lot of "Morlock" power mutants, but the fact was that new Mutants were being born. But since then...the X-Gene and the breeding ability (i mean really? I hope i am remembering this wrong bc i have no idea how you fix the Mist STERILIZING most mutants..just say Beast was wrong? lol Beast is the worst the last decade btw) of Mutants have been turned on and off like a frickin light switch.
    Cyclops achieving the reignition of the X-Gene at the end of AvX meant that everything that happened was worth it in the end (even though AvX was all about the Avengers just really screwing up ALL of the X-Mens lives becasue the Phoenix was on its way to Earth. Stark is even the one who creates the Phoenix 5, and the Avengers were acting like mad dogs for most of issue 6 of that series because the X-Men had been using all that power for good and they were all just like "any second now, just wait...they will break...well maybe we can force them to break by constantly putting pressure on their new world peace order, which of course led to Namor going over the edge. Suffice to say, the Avengers really are the enemy in AvX as they believed THEY knew better even though they had A LOT less experience with the Phoenix. They thought they knew best so much (Stark and Cap especially, I mean Cap and Cyclops will Never be friends unless a writer decides he can fix it) that they managed to launch a preemptive strike on Utopia, causing most of its residents to flee to the mainland where they were then pursued as criminals for literally defending their Legal Home from the invading Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Didn't mean to go off like that, but all of that feels like items that Hickman will be addressing (X-Gene re-ignition and sterility). I need to learn to be succinct, but i enjoy seeing where a thought leads me too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Thank You for letting me know. It definitely will not hurt as much when i look for it and see Power of Ten (And I believe The World will be back very soon, either that or Hickman is just so good at weaving the past into something completely unexpected that I just HOPE that The World will be involved. But based on the time frames, the nature of the tech housed in it, who the curator of The World was, and Xaviers whole Maker thing...Krakoa and The World having merged or Krakoa dominating The World, but i am just stuck on how Xavier returned and all the items that actually left behind. You add in those pods and the Powers of Ten and i believe it supports The World playing a BIG part in this. But I could also be completely wrong, which is why i love speculating oc.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    ComicBook.com stole his theory without asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    lmao every else who talked about the theory has directly mentioned isnownothing but the one website that only say “one fan’s theory ” isn’t talking about him? Even though they’re using almost all the clues he brought up?? C’mon now....
    Thanks, guys. I know I'm not the only person to have the theory, and I'm not worried about bragging rights, or being right, but I did make some observations that led me to the theory that I hadn't seen posted anywhere else when I re-read Powers of X #1 the Saturday afternoon after House of X #2 came out.

Comicbook's behavior annoyed me because they didn't contribute anything, add any commentary or information, they just screenshotted my thread and reiterated it. I don't even expect a clickbait site to ask permission, but I would prefer that they had at least let me know, if not ahead of time, after the fact, which they never did.

Not a big deal, but it was obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    Thanks, guys. I know I'm not the only person to have the theory, and I'm not worried about bragging rights, or being right, but I did make some observations that led me to the theory that I hadn't seen posted anywhere else when I re-read Powers of X #1 the Saturday afternoon after House of X #2 came out.

Comicbook's behavior annoyed me because they didn't contribute anything, add any commentary or information, they just screenshotted my thread and reiterated it. I don't even expect a clickbait site to ask permission, but I would prefer that they had at least let me know, if not ahead of time, after the fact, which they never did.

Not a big deal, but it was obnoxious.
    I saw that on twitter,Dude was obnoxious a simple head up, Hey I am using your theory and tweets for an article would have been the simple thing but all these sites get most of their stuff by swiping things they aren't use properly sourcing things. I mean you could have had some additional details to help the piece. He was right about not having to ask you but by giving heads up you can build relationships. "I am never going to use our platform to elevate you again" smh I nearly unfollowed his site from that tweet. Anyways cool theory

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    Cyclops achieving the reignition of the X-Gene at the end of AvX meant that everything that happened was worth it in the end (.
    Cyclops did not achieve anithing, it was Hope and Wanda, "no more phoenix" act that did the trick.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Come on, En Sabah Nur...mmhm!
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 08-21-2019 at 01:25 AM.

So people are starting to predict Hickmans's moves. I saw more than a poster get what was going to happen here.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    So people are starting to predict Hickmans's moves. I saw more than a poster get what was going to happen here.
    Being predictable means your story makes sense,It is nice for people to not be able to guess elements. But if people are predicting stuff that means the bread crumbs that writer is setting up is working.

Things now cranking up nicely for people impatient to get to the super punching action.