Page 264 of 434 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314364 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 6499
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Anybody think the Destiny Diaries will show up? i would love to see Hickman make a rendition of them.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but...
    How old is Moira?? Do we have an aproximation?

she should be hundreds of years old
    physically she´s in her 50´s in life 10, mentally she´s a lot older like around 500.

Anybody think the Destiny Diaries will show up? i would love to see Hickman make a rendition of them.
    That would be great but what if Destiny is brought back to life?
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-22-2019 at 06:24 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Whew a MAN

"These are our house decorations, Charles! Not theirs!"
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but...
    How old is Moira?? Do we have an aproximation?

she should be hundreds of years old
    She's definitely a couple hundred years old by now especially counting life 9.

Between the two timelines her age of death is listed for every life but the omitted 6th one, so she's 572 plus however many years she lived in life 6, which we're to assume would have to be at least 13, so at least 585.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    Between the two timelines her age of death is listed for every life but the omitted 6th one, so she's 572 plus however many years she lived in life 6, which we're to assume would have to be at least 13, so at least 585.
    I can’t help thinking the idea of her dying before she is 13 will come up again, and she will say ‘nope tried that’ and we will see a tragic ‘and thus ended life 6, before it had really begun’.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I can’t help thinking the idea of her dying before she is 13 will come up again, and she will say ‘nope tried that’ and we will see a tragic ‘and thus ended life 6, before it had really begun’.
    I can see that. I dont think her dying before 13 would stop her from reincarnating. Her powers activated the first time she was 13 but every time since, she should be born a mutant bc she remembers everything. It would be different if she lived a normal life completely ignorant until her powers activate at 13 along with those memories but thats not the case

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Nightcralwer fighting back against a mob. Awesome.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I can see that. I dont think her dying before 13 would stop her from reincarnating. Her powers activated the first time she was 13 but every time since, she should be born a mutant bc she remembers everything. It would be different if she lived a normal life completely ignorant until her powers activate at 13 along with those memories but thats not the case
    Indeed that’s the theory. I am not wedded to the theory but it feels right to me. Destiny’s words were there to give us context but they could also be there to make us think we understand everything. Help us assign a positive motive to Moira’s actions.

And in M10 Destiny has conveniently been killed! We can’t be sure Moira is doing the right thing because she is free of her nemesis.

So what happens if we learn Moira’s actions are entirely self serving? Maybe she is trapped in a horrific loop. A kind of reverse Groundhog Day. Instead of needing to learn how to be more open and honest, maybe she has learned how to be manipulative and devious. Her best escape being to live until the end of the universe regardless of who she uses to get there.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Could be that Moira's a killcrop (if Hickman cares to bring that concept back into the light), and all of Destiny's talk about "before age 13" is because she wasn't aware of the concept. It could also explain why Madrox was sent to Muir Island after his debut.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Cosplaying as Luckystar today.

Well...

A651_widowmaker1_be282356-5687-4c34-9e4a-81e0f984276f-prv.jpg
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

They could have it be that it's her resurrection powers that don't activate until 13. Or maybe she remembers things gradually? Speech and patterns first, history and philosophy later?

Spectacular Member

I was on the marvel database wiki and I was searching information about the mutants when I found that the X-genes is linked to the sexual chromosome(X or Y). So, when I think about the creation of the chimeras it didn't make sense for me. A chimera like North=Lorna+Emma; considering a woman is XX(compared to male=XY) how could that it's possible? Another example is X-23 to complete her DNA and made her a female variant of Logan they combined his DNA with a baseline human but there's a point here: she's considered as his daughter not a chimera! The chimeras reminded me the creation of X-Man(Nate Grey, another Mr Sinister's success)!
    So, what should I say about this? I think a chimera should be considered as a genetic child not really a chimera!What do you think about this "absurdity"? Is it a Hickman's non-sense?

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    I was on the marvel database wiki and I was searching information about the mutants when I found that the X-genes is linked to the sexual chromosome(X or Y). So, when I think about the creation of the chimeras it didn't make sense for me. A chimera like North=Lorna+Emma; considering a woman is XX(compared to male=XY) how could that it's possible? Another example is X-23 to complete her DNA and made her a female variant of Logan they combined his DNA with a baseline human but there's a point here: she's considered as his daughter not a chimera! The chimeras reminded me the creation of X-Man(Nate Grey, another Mr Sinister's success)!
    So, what should I say about this? I think a chimera should be considered as a genetic child not really a chimera!What do you think about this "absurdity"? Is it a Hickman's non-sense?
    The fact is, such vague theories from past continuity are not really genetically sound. For example everyone has an X chromosome. And remember X-23 has been retconned. Not actually a clone.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-23-2019 at 06:49 AM.